Information on romance scams and scammers.
#91417 by foust_girl1 Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:38 pm
From clickandflirt said his last name was Stephens, but his uniform had the name Edwards on it. Told me they swap out uniforms sometimes. Yeah, right! Said he was in Afghanistan, and could not call me unless I paid for a secure line. I refused, then he wanted to send me money, and asked me to open an online bank checking account in Chase, Wells Fargo or Bank of America, and give the info to him so he could transfer money into it for me. He said he would cash it out in 3 days and come to me on leave. Said he owned a house in Miami at1945 Meridian Ave. Miami Bch fla 33139. I googled it and it is a welcome center. I saw the Holocaust Memorial and asked what the hand was a symbol of, he said, "love and unity." I knew he was lying about being from the States, if he didn't know about the Holocaust. I asked him for a pic of him holding a piece of paper with my name on it, and he said he did not have a scanner to send it to me. I then googled his yahoo address, and it showed him as a scammer. I googled it just then, and it is shown as invisible.ir (I'm not familiar with that at all). However it also shows other images he used and one of the other pics is someone I have also talked with. This began in July 2011, and ended Dec 2011. He is on facebook as Steven John. I'm so sorry about not reporting this earlier, but I was somewhat afraid. If anyone is familiar with invisible.ir I would like to know about it. I understand there are sites who say they are against scammers, and they are actually scammers wanting to know who reports the scammer. I am just trying to be cautious.When asking for money for a secure phone line he gave [email protected] It would cost $320. (half) up front for the activation code. He also gave me another code or number http://www.ts2.pl I have know idea what this was for. On FB he is in relationship with Donna Lynn.
Last edited by foust_girl1 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Advertisement

#91423 by Dotti Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:33 pm
invisible.ir is an application that you can download to see if someone has set themselves as "invisible" in yahoo. It just means that he was detected while in invisible mode at some point in time. It is nothing to be concerned about.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#91430 by Grunt Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:38 pm
[email protected]

@foust_girl1
he corrected his mistake with regard to the uniform!
name Stephens again
awfully photoshopped though

yahoo avatar

the email address leads to a profile on myspace
female !!!
myspace.com/ccovey021956
Carol Covey
Female, 56

also here
ultimatedating.com
stephen88
I am: Man
Seeking a: Woman
City: ohio

#91431 by Grunt Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:43 pm
as he is currently online I dropped him a line

he claims to be in Afghanistan :lol:
To [email protected]
Opened 2012/03/22
Location Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany (86% likelihood)
Opened on vsat-217-26-250-26.nynex.de (217.26.250.26:2763)

IP: 217.26.250.26
ISP: Andreas Buxbaum und Gunter Frank GbR
Organization: Nynex Network Solutions
Type: Corporate
#91435 by Grunt Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:06 pm
yes u get the email ... am Stephen Thomas military man from Florida.... but due my work am in the camp am honest man caring loyal man ... i lost my wife 2year ago and i have one son ......
Received: from [217.26.250.26]
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012
#91925 by foust_girl1 Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:35 am
Now in Badoo, as Stephen Thomas... :yikes:
I went last night and realized I had not deleted Steven John (same guy) from my facebook. So I did. This morning find I have a message to join Badoo Dating site. It has this guys pic and ask to click on my message from hm, I did not. It also has 3 other people on Badoo and get this; one is Homer King another scammer I unfriended last night that I am going to report today.

This is from Badoo:
You have received this email from Badoo Trading Limited (postal address below). If you do not wish to receive further email communications from Badoo, please click here to opt out.
Badoo Trading Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales under CRN 7540255 with its registered office at 12 Red Lion Square, London, WC1R 4QD.
#120449 by Bubbles Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:53 pm
Hi foust_girl1, I hope you understand that the photo is NOT of the actual scammer. It is a photo of a real person the scammer has chosen to use to try to give credibility to the lies he is telling the victims he is trying to scam. The people in the photo are innocent and not scammers. Their only "crime" is the had photos on the internet the scammer could get a hold of and use to enhance their lies.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.