Information on romance scams and scammers.
#92523 by lalalots12 Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:14 am
looking for advice on this,
my sister is young (25) and quite nieve. im not to sure on the whole story so dont have verry much to go on as im not sure about privious conversations and what was said to her , she is very secrative and getting info is like getting blood from a stone but here is what i know
she has been involved with a person for a year now she met him on a dating websight, he clames to be a pte bryan patric shane from texas , and told her he was in the usa army in Malaysia :roll:

he tryed the phone communications scam on her asking to get in touch with this e mail adress ([email protected]) they sent this to her

Concerning Your Request To Communicate With Sgt Bryan Shane
TS2 specializes in providing global satellite access services. Our core business is broadband access to the Internet in areas with poor telecommunications infrastructure and mobile satellite phones communication. The main medium of used transmission is a two-way satellite transfer system which we use to connect to your mobile phone provides in MALAYSIA to IRELAND, which provides good access to the satellite network in even the least accessible areas. It not only provides a broadband connection but also a wide range of additional data and voice services.

Before end of 2007 year, the TS2 solutions have been implemented for e.g. US Marine Corps (USMC), US Army Corps of Engineers,Australian Defence Force (ADF), Command of Polish Navy,Special Military Formation GROM, 1st Special Commando Regiment, Polish National Police, Polish National Headquarters of the State Fire Services, Border Guard (Poland), World Bank Group, Lockheed Martin Information Technology, Halliburton Energy Services, KBR, General Dynamics Information Technology, General Atomic's Aeronautical Systems Inc., L-3 Communications Vertex Aerospace, US Naval Research Laboratory, ITT Corporation Aerospace / Communications Division, Technest Holdings / EOIR Technologies, North Eastern Aeronautical Company (Neany), EchoStorm Worldwide, Jorge Scientific Corporation, Erinys International, Aegis Iraq, American Heart of Poland and more others.

Our satellite products NSS6 satellite (LinkStar), Intelsat 10-02 (iDirect) and Inmarsat personal service (BGAN) are available in all US bases, including location of Balad Airbase in Iraq. This broadband service offer two-way high-speed internet access with mobile phone lines, no cable, no dial-up modem. It's always online, available virtually anywhere, and affordable. Your computer or wireless / wired network can receive internet signal, through a special satellite VSAT modem which was usually set up in a building or tent when deployed. This type of Internet connection you can share with other soldiers from Balad Airbase in Iraq. It is an ideal solution, Most soldiers deploy with a laptop in hand and a hookup to the Internet in their barracks.

This is especially important for the many who are married, and have young children. The Internet access has resulted in major morale improvements. Troops no longer feel cut off from home. Not all the Internet connectivity is just for staying in touch with the folks back home. The troops from Balad Airbase in Iraq use the Internet a lot for professional tasks, and not all of them are official business. Some troops blog, and many other stay in touch with families, friends and associates in other parts of the world. The Internet has made possible many online communities composed of military professionals.

We deliver satellite equipment to most of all military locations in Afghanistan, Iraq and the Middle East within 5-7 days.
Ts2 satellite communication system give you the ability to stay connected20in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia.....
Ts2 service provider is service provider rendered to families and friends that wants to communicate with their families and friends in the military in Iraq and Afghanistan.this service is offered to people who wants to communicate with their military men through the use of phones
which allows to call and send Sms to them in their respective units in the military .
Contact form for U.S. Military Personnel from Balad Airbase in Iraq

Information Needed for the communication from you
Your full name.......
E-mail......
Phone number or DSN......
Expected date of order (DD/MM/YYYY)......
Let us know more about your location - APO, ZIP or full address.......
If you use any satellite service please write information about the provider, type of used connection and prices. We will try to prepare better offer.

Terms and Conditions
We need to ask you certain questions.
1.Where do you live(where you resides determines the kind of Ts2 we would recommend)?
2.What mode would you prefer(fax or mobile)
3.What is your mobile phone number

With reference to the request. To connect with one of our military men in malaysia through the ts2 .
You are to make a refundable payment of Two Hundred and eighty USD only (280.00 USD) Paid through Money gram money transfer orWestern Union for the ts2 processing charges.
To our Agent's Address below

Name---Merwalo labogans
address--86 puchong
City---Kuala lumpur
State---Selangor
Zip code---52100
Country--MALAYSIA

All payment should be remitted via Money gram or Western Union and the payment REF number should be Emailed to us as soon as possible to hasten confirmation , we will like you to get back to us as soon as you have paid the funds and receive call from Sgt Bryan Shane so we can know when to do refund.
Get back to us as soon as possible.

Note:Ts2 payments are to be made within 48hours of request for early re ferment to the United States Of America's head-quarter And payment will be refunded as your military man SGT Bryan Shane receive your first three calls and get Text from you. After the calls.you can let us know when you want to receive your money back.

Regards
Colonel Pamela Jones
Ts2 General Secretary

We were among the first telecommunications operators in the satellite technology in the territory of Iraq and Afghanistan and as such we have enjoyed a successful cooperation with US Troops, DoD Contractors, Contracting Officers and Civilians from Balad Airbase in Iraq
TS2 Satellite Services for U.S. Military Personnel from Balad Airbase in Iraq.
Tags: Adsl Iraq, Camp Taji Iraq, Camp Taji Weather.

Money back guarantee

of course once she paid that they sent her this
we are sorry for the inconvience kindly pay the money with this NAME(CAGE ROBERT)
THIS IS OUR NEW OFFICER IN CHAGER OF THE TELECOMUNICATION.HERE IN MALAYSIA

NOTE do that quick and send us also the necessary info we ask you
Information Needed for the communication from you
Your full name.......
E-mail......
Phone number or DSN......
Expected date of order (DD/MM/YYYY)......
Let us know more about your location - APO, ZIP or full address.......
If you use any satellite service please write information about the provider, type of used connection and prices. We will try to prepare better offer.

which she fell for and was paying cash in to western union transfare to some1 in malaysia every 2 weeks as she is on benifits and cant afford much , i found out back at the end of june /start of july and managed to get the money she had transfared that day back as i had found out an hour after she transfaired it ,

after i thought i had convinced her this was a scam as i showed her this websight and a few posts of people being scammed this way, she agreed this was stupid ect and agreed not to contact him again and ignore him ,

but he managed to wiggle his way in, 6-9 weeks later from what i can see he got some one a DOCTOR smith from sunway medical center in malayse to ring her and tell her he was in a bad car crash and needed money urgently to do the opperation or he would die of corse she fell for it, but actually e mailed the real hospital and asked was there a patint under her mans name which of course there wasnt and they told her that, i dont know what was said by the doctor over phone ( prob he was under a diff name ) but it convinced her and she paid what ever money

she was in contact with this doctor through [email protected] and as far as i can see paid 150 euro weekly to them for medical expences, through western transfare although i dont know the details in december he told her he had ran away from the usa army and wanted to come live with her but needed money for a flight which she paid 700 euro
of course he wasnt alowed on that flight as he had needed a certifficate that costs 600 euro to prove he is well enough to fly which she saved for 5 weeks to get,

thats when i found out again, he has been very decieving to her and asking her to get the money any way she can , lye steal from mum, pretend she isnt in contact with him any more , ect i dont know what to do as i know she is still in contact with him today and wont believe us even though she said she believves he is fake and a scammer , but he has told her to say that to us and to ignore us as he wants to b with her ect

how do i makke her realize he is a scammer and to stop all contact with him
Advertisement

#92528 by jolly_roger Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:56 am
Yes lalalots12, indeed it is a grubby scammer. The military TS2 phone scam has been around since 2010 from what I can see. You can find the previous post at viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6417&p=24285 that is on the same subject.
Also the email address is all wrong because usa.com is just a free email address from mail.com that anyone can use. And the military use far different email addresses. Another TS2 scam is here, viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7834&p=40740. The pamela jones name is a well known scammer identity I'm afraid.
Maybe calmly sit down in front of the computer screen and show her the above mentioned pages. Is there another trustworthy family member who could advise her to wake up? Please don't distance yourself from her because when the realisation sets in, she will need help and support. It's a terrible situation to find oneself.
#92575 by Jillian Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:49 pm
Welcome lalalots12. I'm so sorry to hear what you and your sister are going through. It can be very difficult for victims to admit to themselves that they're being scammed, let alone admit it to their family and friends.
Can you try to get her to read the topics here which explain this exact scenario as a scam?
Additionally, she could contact any of our support team to get private feedback and advice about her situation. It may be easier for her to have a private conversation with a stranger, who will help her investigate the information she has.
Any of us are willing to help and would keep her information confidential.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#92586 by Justin Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:05 pm
Hello lalalots12!

I am very sorry to hear your sister is being scammed. If it has gone on for a year the scammer has had plenty of time to create a fantasy world for your sister that will be hard for her to accept is a lie. Your sister is only a source of income to the scammer but to her he is her boyfriend. It’s common for a romance scam victim to want to believe fantasy as opposed to reality even if they have some doubts and have been warned.

The only way to stop it is for her to believe it’s a scam and stop communicating with the scammer. He has made money off of her and will not want to give up easily. He will continue to lie and do what ever it takes to steal her money.

Do you have any additional information on the scammer? Email address or pictures? We may be able provide more proof he is a scammer.

Justin

#92749 by lalalots12 Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:12 am
I forgot about his e mail adress , I'll post it up In a few, I also have some pix he sent her at the start 2 but don't know how to attach them here, my aunt in America is trying to talk to her as she would b the voice of reason in the family and my sister trusts her more , Iv showed get a topic here before about the pamalla person but it took no effect ,

I know she has fallen deeply for this scammer and it upsets me as she is a wonderfull person but just Lonly and was always a v privet person it took alot for her to tell me in the first time , it's not even the money I care about its just the fact she has fallin so hard and truly believes this scammer loves her , wants to marry her and is comming to live with her, and I don't want to c her hurt as she is v fragile and Likley to do silly things when she realizes how much she was taken for a ride
#92795 by jolly_roger Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:07 am
Hi lalalots12. Maybe show your sister the scam warning on the TS2 webpage? There are many of other examples shown there too. I do hope your Aunt can calmly sit down and show your sister that she is only heading toward a bloody big fall if she continues dialogue with the scammer. And if she trusts your Aunt, it may be the salvation that's needed.
It does not love your sister, would have no warm feelings at all, would be in-capable of loving a woman and she is only being used as a revenue raising source. It's too late now she's sent the documentation, but there is a good chance it will not be used for any untoward activity. In many instances, it makes the scammer seem more real. I can assure you topics in the forums are connected to scammers and innocent people are not highlighted at all.