Information on romance scams and scammers.
#92577 by crispus Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:04 pm
Matt Strausbaugh, [email protected]

commandantmatt on ConnectingSingles, profile is just deleted :( , but I saved it:

commandantmatt
i am matt,looking for a serious relationship. if you like my profile,cmmandantmatt@ yah oo.co m
I am a: 41 yr-old man seeking women, 35-60
Height: 5' 7" (170 cm)
Body Type: Fit/Athletic
Ethnicity: White/Caucasian
Religion: Christian/Catholic
Marital Status: Widowed
Has Kids: Yes, and they live with me sometimes
Wants Kids: Someday
In my own words
About me: i am matt, i am in the US Army and currently deployed to Kuwait. i am single and looking for a long term relationship. i am very honest and easy going. i love my job and will meet any lady who will love me for who i am. if you are interested in me, write me commandantmatt@ yah oo . co m and i will be so glad to read from you.
I’m looking for: Am looking for a serious commitment relationship, with a caring,honest, good listening, God Fearing,and a positive person. I need a very serious relationship because there are lots of women out here for games.
More about me
Education: Some College
i am in the US army and love my job.
Income: $25,000 to $50,000
Looking for: Long-term
Sign: Virgo Virgo

his message on CS:
hi dear..... i am matt single and searching.... i will like to know more about you i like your pics and profile. are you single? what are you looking for? i will like to read more from you just write and add me on commandantmatt @yah ooo. co m hope to read from asap.

his email:
Hello Dear,
how are you doing today? thanks for the message and i am so happy to read back from you... i will like to know you more dear... what you are looking for on there and what you like in a man... i am a very honest kind and know how to care for a lady. i have two kids bryan 14 years and Richard. i am in the USArmy and currently deployed to kuwiat... hope that does not piss you off? i hope to meet a loving woman to spend the rest of mylife with. i have been single for 3 years since i lost my ex and now i think i just have to move ahead and find some one to share and live with. i will be looking forward to read more from you asap.
Matt.

Received: from [41.138.191.170]
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 01:25:05

IP: 41.138.191.170
ISP: Visafone Communications Limited
City: Lagos

Advertisement

#140509 by Spook Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:47 am
http://www.matchdoctor.com/profile_ssgclasger.html
ssgclasger
40-year-old Male
Seeking Women: 37 - 47
Sterling, Virginia, United States
Last Activity: Today
SEEKING FOR MY REAL TRUE LOCE :mrgreen:
about myself:
I am not sure what to say. I have been through some very interesting and tough times over the last year or so. I spent a year in Baghdad in the military that was very disturbing. now am on deployment in Kuwait.I have seen people get blown the fuck up, shot, and maimed. I have feared for my life and lost close friends. I have learned about my own strengths and weaknesses and what is truly important in life. I only wish I did not have to learn it in combat zone. Soul searching is a cliche, I know, but I did a lot of that And I know now that I am better off trying to figure myself out. Not that I have really, but I do know that I wasted lots of time being concerned about pleasing others and keeping up appearances. I thought that just looking happy was enough. I now know that I was wrong.

I'm Cage, 40yrs am a widower lost be wife 4 years back, I had a son Ryan she live with my mum in Germany. Ryan is 6yrs now lost her mother we he was 2yrs you caught my attention and I wanted to say hello. All I can say is I find you intriguing, and very beautiful, and I believe we would enjoy finding out if we click.
[email protected]
#220407 by lynnduko Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:16 pm
This guy goes buy Porter Baugh now met him on datehookup.com. facebook: pottyboagh or baughporter and you will see his pics on there. [email protected] and he has a yahoo account also. He got me, but not for a lot I have turned in all information to the military, FBI, IC3, and to my local police in gilbert AZ. This guy is still trying to talk to me even after I told him the gig was up. Either it is very stupid or he thinks I am. So watch out for this guy.
#220410 by Smith Jones Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:22 pm
Hi lynnduko, good to see to found this older post and know the truth. Do not tell your scammer you know about him- just drop contact and leave him wondering. I am sorry to hear you lost anything to him but that was his whole purpose for contacting you- he wanted your money. You just wanted someone to love and care about you. You didn't deserve to be deceived.
Even if you don't get any satisfaction from telling law enforcement, know this. Posting here helps someone else keep from being scammed. If you can post some of the emails and any chats so they see the language, that would help as well.
Take care of yourself and take time to heal from the mess this makes for your heart. It gets better with time and remember, you got the last laugh