Information on romance scams and scammers.
#96195 by Jack Smith Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:27 am
A former victim just sent me something she copied from a profile on a romance website. She wonders if "Marc001" might be a scammer. This is really a pretty typical come-on for a scammer. Note the contradictions (does he like the beach or not?), the bad English, the vague sweeping wishes, the interest he shows for just about anybody.
Marc0001
"True love last forever"
Age:52 Location:Libby, MT Height:5' 4" Body Type: Average Family: My 1 kid lives with me and I might want more Distance: 86 miles
SEND MAIL SEND GIFT SHOW INTEREST Add to Favorites
In My Own WordsAbout Me
I am an old fashioned hard working caring honest worm man with a big heart of gold. I would rather spend time in the mountains or a lake than the beach because I have fair skin that burns easily. I like a large range of outdoor activities that would be a lot more fun if I had some one to share them with. I like to fix things but could use a little help in choosing what should and should not be fixed.I really enjoy doing things that make my lady feel loved and appreciated. I am proud to call myself a gentleman.
Things that I like to do in Libby
I lobe hanging out with my kid, going places like the Beach ETC
Answer this question for me
If you had one wish to make, what would you wish for ?
Celebrity that I most resemble
i cant really tell
About Me
Hair:Light BrownEye Color:HazelEthnicity:Caucasian/WhiteBackground:AmericanHoroscope:Leo / PigOccupation:Computer / Hardware / SoftwareEducation:Graduate degreeHigh School:montana collegeUniversity/College:University of North FloridaIncome:$100,000 or moreFaith:ChristianSmoking:I don't smokeDrinking:YesPets:
None Languages:English
My Interests
Favorite Music:
Rnb, soul, countryFavorite Movies:
Romance, action, comedyFavorite Books:
novelsSports:
Football, Basketball, Golf, BowlingHobbies/Interests:
Love swimming, watchig movies, reading, hanging out with my Kid
What I'm Looking ForMy Partner's Looks
Age Range:
30 - 70
My Partner's LifestyleRelationship Status:Single, Widowed, Currently separated, Divorced
Advertisement

#96287 by Grunt Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:21 am
pic of a person very much liked by scammers
same blurbs on

jdate.com
uid 119512494
Wmarc77
Widowed, Man seeking a Woman
48 years old from Baltimore, MD
Last Update: 1/14/2012
Have kids: 1
Wants kids: Yes
Height: 5' 4" (163 cm)
Religion: Willing to conv…
Education: Master's Degree
Synagogue: On some Shabbats
About Me
I am an old fashioned hard working caring honest worm man with a big heart of gold. I would rather spend time in the mountains or a lake than the beach because I have fair skin that burns easily. I like a large range of outdoor activities that would be a lot more fun if I had some one to share them with. I like to fix things but could use a little help in choosing what should and should not be fixed.I really enjoy doing things that make my lady feel loved and appreciated. I am proud to call myself a gentleman.

#96288 by Grunt Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:31 am
myspace.com
James Edwards aka captain sabre
Male, 41, BAGH-NASTY, DIYALA, Irak
divorced
profession: PVT CONTRACTOR
kids: proud father

Image Image