Information on romance scams and scammers.
#14961 by The Enchantress Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:16 am
Example of advanced free fraud here;

My Dear friend,

I am Miss Rita williams,the only daughter of my late parents.I need your help to retrived the consignment that my late Father deposited with a security company and to transfer the consignment fund my father left for me in the security company before he died.

I want to invest the money in your country and continue my studies.the money is ($ 4.5 million) I will give you 20% of the Total money for your help.

I assure you in the name of the almighty Lord and I will tell you more Once you get back to me and also send you my pictures and the documents of the consignment I am awaiting your reply, please reply me through this email address ([email protected] ) I will be expecting your reply.

Thanks and God bless you.
Yours Sincerely
Miss Rita Williams,

Location of the IP address = 41.207.194.227 = Cote D'Ivoire

Note this search result on phrase from scammers mail click here

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
Advertisement

#14978 by robt Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:13 am
well.... i am met a person on lavalife.com who called herself Rita Williams. She claims to be from Ghana, which is oddly a bit to the east of cote-ivoire, which is were the previous post came from. I found it odd at how she (or now i might think it was a he) used Very proper grammar, considering we were chatting on msn after meeting on lavalife.com. Full sentences, somewhat proper English. She did not mention anything of 4.5$ million dollars, but she did try too keep my attention on her and how her life was bad at the moment. Her parents were dead, and she had been beaten by her last love.

I am not saying this is the same person, but there was something fishy about the conversation. She sent me pictures of what she claimed to be her, but only had two pictures. She claimed she was new at online dating and chatting, well the whole computer thing, yet she typed long full sentences faster than anything else. She also wanted too know many things about my personal life including my financial situation.

I do feel there was something fishy going on, which is why I did my research on the name Rita Williams. And oddly enough I found this forum post, which is dated the same day I started the chat! Coincidence? I think not.

I just wish I had tools to track down the IP. And the knowhow.

So my message is basically that this same person is probably scanning through personals sites looking for "the right man" as she put it.

this person, Rita Williams, was using [email protected].

thanks for the warning!
#14981 by Arnold Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:29 am
Hi Robt, and welcome to Scamwarners.
You'll find more information about that type of scam in the Romance scam section. Iy takes longer for money to be mentioned but it will be. She's involved in a car crash on the way to the airport on the way to meet you, for example.
Search google for "Rita Williams scams" (without the quotes), and there are nearly 20,000 hits. It could be the same scammer, but it's not likely.

#15007 by Ralph Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:38 am
I have moved this to Romance scams as it seems this scammer will use dating sites and the romance aspect to lure his victims.

Rita Williams is a common name used by romance scammers, you can se many other scams using that name in this search Click Here