Information on romance scams and scammers.
#15467 by Jillian Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:50 pm
Collins Kellogg is the name used by a scammer who targets, specifically, gay men who are looking for love or friendship. Having gained their confidence, he develops a financial need and asks for money to be sent to him. He is from Togo and as homosexuality is illegal there, he preys on the fact that gay men from countries with more freedom will feel sympathy for his situation and want to assist him.

Be aware that everything he writes is lies. He has also run other scams and has also posed as a heterosexual man seeking a female partner. He is not interested in any sort of relationship or even friendship: the only thing he is interested in is stealing money from you. If the money is not sent to him and he does not believe he can change your mind about this, he may drop contact.

He has used these email addresses:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

His IP address is usually:

41.207.162.6 or

Here are some emails he has sent, scamming as a gay man:

Are you ok? Yes, we can be good friends. I am not into games, I am honest sincere and good looking handsome guy of 31 years. I believe we can learn more about each other, share pics and meet on a gooday and have fun together.
I have good experience at suck, so what are you into?
Stay well in body and in spirit!!
SUCK From Collins

I'm from Lome,Togo west africa republic. we are french speaking country in west africa. we are made up of peoples of many religions but we are not muslim country. we are not allow as a gay guys to opperate openly, It happens behind the close doors.
Togo is a beautiful place to visit. we have lovely beaches here and deserted beaches where one can make love. I am a student,we are taking our final exams. I am going business adminnstration in the university. I' m still a virgin, Last time I did have roumance with my room mate. I am in love with him but he said taht is an abormination before God. I have tried to make him see reason with me but no way. I got to go now. will send my pic in my next mail. Stay well in body and in spirit.

Thanks for your mail. do you have CAM? I believe in Cam to Cam chat because picture can be decietful. I am looking forward to chat with you live on Cam to Cam. I am very handsome, hot and sexy looking guy. Hope you will like me.
Meanwhile, What kind of relationship do you want from me? Can we get married after we have known each other very well. I love to lay on the beach during my spare time, I have quite a spiritual life. Stay well in body and in spirit !!!
SUCK FROM SWEET COLLINS

Webcam Pictures:

Sorry for writing late. we have internet connexion problem here in Lome,Togo since friday till this monday morning. They just restore it this morning, I'm very sorry for that. I read your mail with carefulness and the contents is well understoood.
I am ready to settledown with someone who is honest, sincere, decipline and God fearing one but I am not a desperate guy. what I dont like in a person is opposite of what I have just listed above. I dont want someone who is into games etc...
I was born in Gambia, Gambia is english speaking country in africa. My Dad as a Minister of God was post in gambia church when my mum was pregnant for me. I was born twice, one girl and one baby boy which is me. I did my premarry and secondary schools there before coming down to my home town in Lome,Togo do my university. I have just finish my university, I am unemployed. hope to get good job one day to take care of myself and the family.
It is very difficult to get job here. our leaders are curropt, the rate of crimes and curroptions here in africa increase everyday by day. the rich get richer while the poor get poorer. I hate the life in africa,I'm sorry to say this but that is the truth.

My twice sister is called blessing and still single. she is with my parents, as a minister children we are to be example to others as our parents use to tell us all the time. we are advice not to be equal york with an unbelievers. We are not allowed to drink alcohol, smook, drug, fight, stealing or puting on make ups.
yes my dad and mum is still alive, my dad is 61 years while my mum is 52years. he is pastoring a church called End Time Gospel Mission in Gambia.
The case in africa is curroption and that is the problem of the whole thing. weather you are a graduate or not does not matter here in africa. what matters is that if you can offer them brib or you have someone there in the government then you can work with his influence.
Stay well in body and in spirit!! Collins

We have 42 local languages in Togo but we speak Ewe here in Lome as the heart of the town we speak many language such as French as the first langauge,Dutch,English etc....but you must see some one who speak the same language. yes, we have the bigest market in west africa,people from many country use to come to lome Grand Marche to transact their business and they are happy and doing well. we have free port and that have creat rooms for people shiping their goods here in lome and have good sales. our free port have also creat rooms for drug traficking and I dont like that though. We have many white men here from all over the world most especialy Lebanon's,china,germany,Uk,France etc...
I like cooking. if you are to visit lome, the first african food i will like to prepare for you is Fufu with gaot meat soup with enough paper.I'm sure you will like it. it is highly nutritional. we have all sort of fruits here.
I dont think my parents worry about me not geting married yet, I have just finish my university and I have no work to take care of myself and the family. I think they will be worry when I get a job with a good salary they will be worry by that time for me to get marriage and settle down as a man. they are not worry now just because i am unemployed.
of caurse I dont want to settle down here in africa,I want to travel out to oversea to live my life to the fullness. I am using public computer and my time is almost ending, got to go now, will talk to you soon. if you want to hear my voice you can ring me here +228 998 01 39. best wishes and please take care and May God richly bless you. your friend in Lome, Togo
Collins

I intend to write you this evening after sunday service before i see your lovely mail. I am in a mess , the water enter's our compound. I have move my properties to a brother house yesterday evening. I dont like to live there, i want to have my privercy. I have goten two rooms appartment at Kagommé the place is safe. the landlord asked me to pay for only 10 months after my explanation. the 10 months is 220.000F CFA which is about 450 dollar but i dont know the convert in pounds. I have with me already 175 dollars just need some help from you to complete the fee and pay for the appartment. Please do not feel bad about this since it is a matter between you and me and not connected to any thing as you may think, I can take a pics in the compound and then send to you for you to see what I am saying. the only problem we have is that I came from a poor family, My Dad as a man of God we depend on the church. kindly take action in good faith for the sake of God. Please, please, for the sake of Almighty GOD don't hesitate or withdraw back just because I needed some help from you.

I think you send the money to me by werstern union which is the fasters way for me to recieve the house fee in 30 minute from the time you send me the mtcn. my parents use western union to send me money from Gambia while in the university which is safe and reliable. Please use my legal name in sending the money which is here:
Name: Collins Kellog
Address:Lome,Togo
Test Question: Favorite Colour
Answer: Green
This is all you need to send me the money by western union or money gram office and then send me the mtcn so that I will use my international passport to pick up the money in the werstern union office here. I wait carefully to read from you! Please take care and Stay well in body and in spirit!!Amen. Your Friend From Lome,Togo. Collins

Here are some emails he sent, scamming as a heterosexual man:

I am Collins Kellog, I am 31 years old. I am a very cheerful Guy who is considerate in nature. I read your penpal post add with carefullness. It is my desire that i find a friendly and cheerful friend that i can exchange mails with and sharing other private issues. i really wish to know you more. please reply back so that we can learn more about each other and exchange pictures too. i hope to read from you soonest
With LOVE

I am the only one child of the family. So although I was a man but I am strong.I love very broad, like singing, skating, swimming, travel, reading. I like to listen to BBC,we have a common hobby. We can talk about this.
I am a highly motivated Guy,I love programming, procedures for others perhaps boring, for me it is so magical.
My lifestyle is very simple, like every day to coffee shops and listen to music to think. I am on process of scaning my picture to send across to you soonest. please tell me about yourself and your pic.
LOVE /SUCKING FROM COLLINS

Gooday and may the Almighty God bless ur family and home!! Amen.
Glad to read from you, please send me ur pic next. I am highly motivated guy, i am into so many business available for me and i love travling, taveling is my major hobbie as i have been to thailand, china, india and uk. i will like to pay u visit one day. would u wellcome a visitor in your home? I wait carefully to read from you soon.

Wow !! You are beautiful and sexy,I think we would have a very good time together where ever we were in any place in the world perhaps we can find our own island ! hmmmmmm I can see us walking by the ocean together at night I wrap you in my arms and keep you warm,I think we must find this island !!! I want to hold you near me to kiss you and to hug you, hope you can feel my arms around you-- holding you --loving you --keeping you safe from a crazy world --mmmm I dream of having you to myself on our tropical island.
With LOVE/KISSING FROM COLLINS

My Marital life status has been single and I am looking forward to meet the Choosen one for my heart from God.the woman that would take care of me as well,showing total care love trust ,honest and pride for the Family,who is also ready to invit me to live with her for lifetime being together without crying no more.
I think you are the one, dont felt its all rush on you,but as you can read think there should be nothing to hide about ,all what you read thereof are pure hearted written without deciet nor lies if digest positively for true love establishment.
I had better hands off here,think I should know your mind.
With Kiss/Love from Collins

Here is my life story, My parents died when my grand father died; then we left to africa for the funarel arrangment. when we got to the village there is no electricity and my Dad ask the chief of our village that he want to bring electricity to the town for the burial. the chief refused and my Dad go ahead with the electricity project , two days later my Dad died just like that, one month lather my mum also died of brooken hearted. I want to tell you that my parents relatives are "EVIL" and they are responsible for the death of my parents, now they are coming after me just to inherit all my father's properties. I run for my dear life to the city, I live alone near the beach and non of them know's my wherebout.

Yesterday I was driving to market to buy some fresh tomato for my cooking,You know what? My car nock engine and is now packed in the mechanic worshop. they said I need to buy a new engine but I dont have the money. the new engine that I saw yesterday there are selling it at the cost of 600 thousand FC,which is about 500 pounds. Please sweet heart, Can you help me with this 600 pounds to put the car in order, without this car I can not do anything because some time I use it for Taxi to get a daily bread. Do not feel bad about this since it is a matter between you and me and not connected to any thing. It is in line with the goal we have in common and so please threat this matter seriouly and kindly take action in good faith immediately for the sake God. Please, please, for the sake of Almighty GOD don't hesitate or withdraw back just because of this little money that I asked to buy engine for my car.
I wait Carefuly to read from you.
With Sucking From Collins

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
Advertisement