Information on romance scams and scammers.
#108312 by scamsniffer Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:02 pm
Received: from [41.71.188.237] by web122006.mail.ne1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Wed, 13 Jun 2012 07:36:51 PDT
X-Mailer: YahooMailWebService/0.8.118.349524
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 07:36:51 -0700 (PDT)
Reply-To: Mary Hannah <[email protected]>

How are you and your day going..i saw your message on MDF well am not with the computer is my grandpa busy using the pc...i was born and brought in Hatfield Arkansas spent all my life there and am 30 years old now so feel free to ask me any question okay

http://www.mydailyflog.com/maryhannah/profile

maryhannah
Mary Hannay
Write me a message Write me a message
Add as a Friend Add as a Friend
Basic
29 year old, woman from United States
About Me and My Life
I am soft kind,easy going, I love cooking and making good friends, i am so easy to be with and fun to be with. Am searching for my life long partner to share a Great Life of Love with, romance, long slow kisses, feeling very special, intimacy, spirituality, pleasurable communication, dancing, meeting of the minds, opening a door for him, flowers, traveling and other exciting interests and adventures, A GREAT LIFE of LOVE! I am one who strongly believes in respect and that without respect, you can experience true love and generate a healthy relationship.“wow” when it is first a friendship and then a larger, Later as it evolves into a Beautiful Loving committed relationship. I am a woman who has a heart for God and for her family and friends. I have been told that I know how to treat the man in my life! I am level-headed and well rounded with an active lifestyle. I have a strong work ethic. I´m not afraid to roll up my sleeves, get dirty an and work hard.
Advertisement

#108429 by Grunt Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:42 am
also on FB with the email address provided
Mary Hannah
About Mary
Am cool and gentle

pic shows India Bollywood actress Ileana D'Cruz
#247873 by new@this Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:10 am
I just had a strange query related to something I'm selling in eBay - via email - from a [email protected] .
This person expressed interest in an expensive item, asks for my PayPal details to make an immediate purchase, yet refuses to complete the transaction in eBay. An excerpt from her mail:

"I don't deal through eBay due to so many scam artist , i only deal directly with the item owner for secure transaction...Am satisfied with the price I will be buying this for the price you have listed it for.Payment will be sent using PayPal... i can assure you that am a faithful person and this transaction will be a legit transaction.please kindly get back to me if you are interested in this deal,Thanks and God bless you."

I googled mary hannah and found this stream of entries in scamwarners - although it is a different "line of business' and a couple years later, it seems to be too much of a coincidence to not be related.
Anyone else run into 'mary hannah' looking for PayPal details in on-line selling?
#247922 by Bryon Williams Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:10 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

It is a scam. Depending on what you are selling the scammer will try to steal your "item" or steal your money.

Scammers are versatile. Some do not stick with one particular scam. Many of them will run numerous types of scams to increase their chance of finding a victim.

Stay within the rules of ebay. Keep all messages in the Ebay system and do not take the sale off ebay.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#247943 by CumminsDslPwr Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:22 pm
More than likely you will be getting a FAKE notification from Pay Pal or Ebay, or both, alerting you that a payment has been made for an item sold, and requiring you to log into your account.
It will be a spoofed message that looks real but the link actually goes to an unsecured site where your login and password are stolen, so the scammer can take over your accounts.

So just be careful and only log in from your browser like you normally would, and not from links in any email messages you may receive. If you do receive any messages that you find to be fraudulent, please forward them to the proper security department.

In God We Trust, All Others Must Pay Cash
#257456 by k_met Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:28 am
I´ve just had an email also from [email protected] with regards to a car I have for sale on Ebay, I suspected it´s a scam as she didn´t want to view it before purchasing. Here´s what she wrote:

""Thanks for the quick response, can you assure me it's in good
condition ?? ,I need you to understand that I am willing and ready to
purchase it right away, put it off the AD site, consider me as your
favorite buyer, I'm seriously interested in buying this and due to the
nature of my work,phone calls making and visiting of website are
restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you
an email regarding it.i would be glad to pay for it as soon as
possible though i will not be available to come for an inspection due
to my tight schedule. Kindly get back to me with the following
questions below:

1) What is the condition?
2) Are you the Owner?
3) Pick up Location?
4) Your PayPal Email ID to effect the payment
5) How much is your buy it now price

I would be glad to make the payment immediately through PayPal so
kindly get back to me with your PayPal ID. You need not to worry
yourself about title transfer and shipment,i will instruct the
shipping company to handle that therefore in order to complete the
transaction do get back to me with your PayPal ID and total cost so
that I can make the payment asap. I will be waiting for your reply!

Thanks and God bless""