Information on romance scams and scammers.
#17400 by Breakwind Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:09 pm
The subject almost implies a charity scam, but the body of the message is a romance scam.

From [email protected] Tue Nov 24 17:58:15 2009
X-Apparently-To: <snip> via 76.13.12.142; Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:48:29 -0800
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-YahooFilteredBulk: 69.63.134.203
X-YMailISG: <snip>
X-Originating-IP: [69.63.134.203]
Authentication-Results: mta1081.mail.sk1.yahoo.com from=yahoo.co.uk; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=yahoo.co.uk; dkim=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO ewhserver775.edgewebhosting.net) (69.63.134.203) by mta1081.mail.sk1.yahoo.com with SMTP; Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:48:29 -0800
Received: from ewhserver775 ([127.0.0.1]) by ewhserver775.edgewebhosting.net with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959); Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:58:15 -0500
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:58:15 -0500 (EST)
[email protected]
Add sender to Contacts
To: <snip>
Message-ID: <494837643.292741259085495343.JavaMail.SYSTEM@ewhserver775>
Subject: Religious Action Center - Page Link
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Mailer: ColdFusion 8 Application Server
Return-Path: [email protected]
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 24 Nov 2009 17:58:15.0359 (UTC) FILETIME=[B22BDCF0:01CA6D2F]
Content-Length: 1869

Logo
Religious Action Center <Mod edit: snip irrelevant link to religious site - Samantha>

The following page has been sent to you by nafisatu:

More Than 1,000 Clergy Will Send Letter to Senators Urging ‘No’ Vote on Marriage Amendment

Hello Dear,

how are you today i hope that every things is ok with you as it is my great pleassure to contact you in having communication with you, please i wish you will have the desire with me so that we can get to know each other better and see what happened in future. i will be very happy if you can write me through my email for easiest communication and to know all about each other, and also give you my pictures and details about me, here is my email ([email protected]) i will be waiting to hear from you as i wish you all the best for your day. your new friend. Miss Nafisatu,
Advertisement

#17471 by The Enchantress Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:41 am
Definite refugee scammer

BRIEF SUMMARY OF THIS TYPE OF SCAM

This scam has a romance element - whereby a scammer is "pretending" to be a young girl - and will send stolen photographs in an attempt to appear legimate. The scammer will most likely "pretend" to be all alone, parentless (they died recently and tragically) and is in now in a refugee camp, where a "pastor figure" allows "her" to use a PC to mail the victim.

The scammer will mention a fortune (cocao/cash/diamonds) ect - and request you to mail "another person" - same scammer or scam partner - lawyer/banker/barrister - who will need some fee paid before the "imaginary" riches are transfered to the victim.

The scammer "pretend" girl - will fall in love with you and plan to travel to you - and live happily ever after with "her" knight in shining armour.

It is all lies - scammers always lie - all they care for is the money they hope you will wire to them.

Delete and do not reply to this and other scammers peddling the same/similar lies

This scammer is using "feedback comments" on "vodpod" to send this message;

cumba commented on this video

Hello Dear,
how are you today i hope that every things is ok with you as it is my great pleassure to contact you in having communication with you, please i wish you will have the desire with me so that we can get to know each other better and see what happened in future.

i will be very happy if you can write me through my email for easiest communication and to know all about each other, and also give you my pictures and details about me, here is my email ([email protected]) i will be waiting to hear from you as i wish you all the best for your day.
your new friend.

Miss Nafisatu,

Also this mail dated August 2008;

Reply-To: [email protected]

Hi Dear,

how are you today i hope that every things is ok with you as it is my great pleassure to contact you in having communication with you, please i wish you will have the desire with me so that we can get to know each other better and see what happened in future.

i will be very happy if you can write me through my email for easiest communication and to know all about each other, and also give you my pictures and details about me, here is my email ([email protected]) i will be waiting to hear from you as i wish you all the best for your day.
your new friend.

Nafi.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.