Information on romance scams and scammers.
#112129 by wapoguy Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:40 pm
I recently got scammed by a girl I met on Filipinos Cupid date site. Her name is Melissa Quiazon 29 yrs old, working as a teacher in Shenzhen, China but originally from Manila, Philippines & Modern China Travel agency out of Shenzhen, China http://www.modernchinatravel.com . I have no idea where Melissa is at this time, she could be in China, Tokyo, Japan or in the US. So I just want to warn others on people like Melissa Quiazon & travel agencies like Modern China Travel. This is her e-address [email protected] I have Melissa’s copies of her US Visa & passport but I think they are fake. US Visa control # 00Q7173197QQ07; passport # XX0435045 So beware!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisement

#112255 by Dotti Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:27 pm
The travel agency website is legitimate.

When I see someone saying they were scammed and suggesting a travel agent was involved, I assume that the person was claiming they were coming to visit, and the travel agency requested fees for tickets, visas, or permits of some kind.

Scammers often piggyback off legitimate websites--i.e., they will point you to a real website, but then give you an email address and/or phone number that is not actually affiliated with the site. If you were really in contact with this agency, you would be contacting at them at an address @modernchinatravel.com . I suspect that was not the case.

Could you post the email address the travel agent used? Also, if you still have "her" early emails to you, could you post some of them? Did you ever see "her" on webcam?

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#112524 by wapoguy Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:40 pm
To Dotti

Here is the address to Modern China Travel & I did contact then by e-mail. I talked to Chang.

Kazuhiku Chang.
Customer Service Department,
MODERN CHINA TRAVELS PTE LTD IATA.
14th Floor Garden 412,
No. 2902 Shangri-La Road.
Gansu District, Shenzhen.
518005, China.
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.modernchinatravel.com
Phone: (0086)-1302-668-2127.
(0086)-1342-435-7174.

No I never talked to Melissa on webcam
Here is an e-mail from her ....

Hello,
How are you there? I hope everything is going well there with you and for your family. I just decided to email you in your personal email address for us to have a good and smooth communication.
OK let me tell you a little about myself, my full name is Melissa Quiazon my birthday is on March 15, 1983 I am 29 years old, single, never been married and no kids. I am decent a woman, always concern with other feelings, I am here looking for a serious relationship, I serious and focus in finding the right for me, though there is no Mr. Right I am just looking for a my partner in life that will love me unconditionally.
I am a Filipina but currently I am living and working in China as an English Teacher for 2years now, I love my job, I enjoy it, I believed that in everything we do we must have a passion on it. I am working in a training center, I teach only English.
My hobbies are cooking, swimming, and I like volleyball, I also like watching movies. I am a Roman Catholic I always go to Church every Sunday with my friends.
I am the only child, I only have my mother, my dad passed away long time ago. I have a good life in the Philippines, my mother did her best to raise me well, my mother is working in a real estate company in the Philippines, I just decided to work and stay here in China because I do believed that I can enhance more my knowledge and Ability here to teach, as they cannot speak well in English here.
OK that’ all for now, I attached some of my pictures I hope you will like them.
Take care and I will be waiting for your reply.
Melissa
#356059 by BobM Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:18 pm
Found another variation. I 'met' a filippina living and working in China. Eventually she said she wanted to come visit me. She brought me into contact with [email protected], supposedly the contact address of the travel agency. In fact, the travel agency exists, but their email address is [email protected] or [email protected]. So the scammers now hide behind legitimate travel agencies and you need to really look closely at the email address you get into contact with.