Information on romance scams and scammers.
#117713 by tjo Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:19 pm
Hello, I have received a mail from him through Facebook today, 3rd Aug 2012. He is very handsome and if I hadn't seen the film 'Catfish' I may have been taken in. But if a handsome guy e mails me out the blue it is always too good to be true! Beware ladies, he is after your bank account details and nothing more!
Advertisement

#117714 by tjo Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:32 pm
his message to me sent 4 hours ago, 1st contact,

Hi
How are you doing?I love your profile picture. You look like a queen and I will love to know more about you and chat with you online.
I look forward to hear from you.
The profile picture is the same as the one posted below where he's wearing a blue shirt.
What a scumbag! :roll:
#117732 by crane0456 Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:44 pm
Who is the actor's photo he is using? I didn't see the picture on your post.
#117735 by tjo Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:59 pm
how do I post a picture on here?
#117744 by tjo Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:41 pm
sorry can't figure out the photo thing but google 'Alex James scam' and go to images and 2 pics come up with fake written over them. As far as I can work out, someone, has ripped this guys pics from his modeling page in Oz. Catfish was a movie about a guy that fell in love with a girl on FB. He went to meet her as a suprize and it turned out she was a lonely Mum, married with 2 disabled kids, not a hot young girl the chap had fallen for. It is a lesson to us alll in cyber space
#118651 by tjo Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:57 pm
I have had the following from ''Alex'' on the 3rd Aug via facebook. Now I know what he is I am tempted to play along!

Hi..i am happy to hear from you. I came a cross your profile when i was trying to send a message to a friend of mine...........I will love to use this opportunity to explain myself to you.I am originally from Oslo in Norway but i live in Hollywood Fl, I lost my wife 2 years ago she die of cancer. I have a son name johnny, he is 15 years old.
I am an engineer,I work with Exxonmoboil oil as a contractor. i do Oil Rig maintenance and services.
I will really love to chat with an angel like you and lets get to know each other better.
What time will you be online?
I look forward to hear from you.

What a dirtbag :?
#118653 by Bubbles Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:54 pm
Hi tjo,

It is tempting to mess with scammers like this. It is because they are "dirt bags", it is best not to mess with them. Often they have your personal information, so it is best not to mess with them. They have caused difficulties for some victims because they know where you work or who some of your friends are.

It is best to just walk away once you have reported the information here. We want our members to be safe.

If you want to learn to safely mess with scammers, visit our sister site www.419eater.com .

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#125186 by Tracyengelb Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:56 am
waryone wrote:Anybody know about this guy? He romanced me on Yahoo Messenger for about four months then after promising to come home to meet me, he suddenly had tax problems in the UK and needed $20,000 to pay to the United Kingdom Revenue Board or they were going to withhold $250,000. When I declined after his several requests and told him I was going to block him, he got violently angry and made threats to have his "friends" in the US pay me a visit. I had to change my cell and home phone number and stay with family and friends until I was comfortable to go home.

He claimed to be born in Norway, but raised in the US, but he had an awfully heavy accent for someone who had spent two thirds of his life over here.

I have a picture from his Facebook profile, but I don't know how to post it.

Hi, good morning everyone. I have just had a guy by the name of Alex James start emailing me. He is a Zoosk member apparently. His email address is [email protected]. has anyone heard anything with regards to this gentleman. Also single dad. Mom lives in UK. He works in America, son lives with mom. He is into refinery, maintenance and servicing, but he has not given specific names or details as to where in America
#125202 by ratt84 Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:50 am
To [email protected]
Opened 2012/09/18
Location Lagos, Nigeria (86% likelihood)
Opened on 41-184-22-155.rv.ipnxtelecoms.com (41.184.22.155:54705)

Hello xxx,
Thank you very much for writing me here,i really do appreciate that alot...Am having a lovely Tuesday here, I would really like to use this medium to tell you more about my self.. I was introduced to this site by my friend. I have never done it before as my job does not give me that kind of chance to go online for chatting. But I decided to give it a trial to know where it will lead me.I am just me, just all about me, practical, pragmatic no nonsense me. a simple guy with a simple life, I am a single Dad, I have travel a lot over my work that is what took most of my time before, But now I wish to find a woman with a goal in life, common to mine, and enjoy our life together! I look for a sincere, serious woman, who understands humor and loves children. I would like to meet someone who can be my best friend as well as a lover. Someone who is opened to new experiences, adventures. And what is the most important-has a desire to develop intellectually. I would like to meet a strong (inside and outside) and clever woman lol, I know no one is perfect, It is wonderful to have a loving and caring partner beside. I need a conversation and a family with a clever, noble and strong woman who can take care of family as well! I appreciate sincerity and goal-directness. I like to do my own thing and I take thing the way it comes to me in this life, pretty much always have. If I have to say why I am here it's because I want to meet some new people, nice people, people who I have things in common with and are not nuts, people who are here for serious relationship, hope you will know little about by this note and i will tell more about myself in the next mail okay. Please how long have you been single, how long have you been into the internet dating and what are your experiences with the online dating, lastly what do you intend to achieve from the site..I wait to read from you again real soon....please send me some pictures of your self just like the way i attach so pictures of my self to this email..
Thank you
your new friend
Alex

Received: from [41.184.22.155]
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012

#125222 by Tracyengelb Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:23 am
Hi everyone. the pic of Alex James is the exact pic on Zoosk. The email sent is the exact email sent to me a couple of days ago. I have received about four beautiful emails from him, but something just did not fit. I received an email from him this morning, and the way of writing was totally different, almost as if it had been copied and pasted. LOL. I have not sent him an email back as yet, I am thinking carefully of my wording so that I can let him know what an.....he is. Any suggestions please. does anyone else have any stories about this Alex James ([email protected]. thanks
#125225 by Bryon Williams Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:29 am
Hello Tracyengelb,

It is best to stop contact with him. Block his emails to you. Eventually he will go way.

Do not tell him that he is posted on here. If you did, he will change his email address and profiles making it harder for potential victim to google him.

Be alert to future email scams.

Bryon

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#125229 by Tracyengelb Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:35 am
Hi Byron.

thank you for your response. I will follow your advice exactly. It was only a few of emails and I have suffered no consequences as yet. i just really feel sorry for women that he has lead on, and it has been an eye opener. thanks you. Tracy
#125238 by Tracyengelb Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:54 am
Hi,

this is the last email he sent this morning, and I have not responded since then, and neither will I. ladies, if you get an email like this back from this Alex James, please ignore it....

Good evening baby,
Thank you for the nice note, I like it so much and I appreciate also. I called Billy immediately after reading your wonderful email and i told him about you as well and guess what he said., he said he cant wait to meet you..How are you doing today, wish you nice day there, what are your plans for the today, wish i am there to have nice day with you today, Hope all is well with you, mind you, my ultimate goal is a serious relationship! I consider myself a gentle person, I treat women with respect and i do Love to take them out. you sound so nice in your note and i will like to let u know that i like what you have said, well let me say that I I won't like to lose a woman like you. because you sound nice and loving in your words, well all I base upon is love and humor, without that relationship is nothing and I would like to tell you that I will do anything to make you Happy and you too should make me happy too, since we have Known little about each other and we will still know more about each other, so I know something corresponding will come out of it... I love to be with my woman to hold her hands, to see her smile.. I want to promise you that my heart shall ever be true to you and as soon as you are truthfull to me and like me, I can do anything; no dream is impossible, no star is too distant to reach.
And I believe that this is what love is truly all about, If you wait for me... then I'll come for you, although I am far, but I will do my best to hold a place in my heart. If you think of me if you miss me once in a while then I'll come to you, I'll come and fill that space in your heart.

This is his email that I'm not going to respond to in any way. His son's name is Billy, he claims and lives with his mom in the UK. I on purpose emailed him and told him to phone his son and tell his son that his Dad loves him, I was interested in the reply I was going to get!!!!! His reply was to far fetched, this is when i decided to google scammers, and there he was...