Information on romance scams and scammers.
#112599 by Michieg531 Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:12 am
So it looks like the infamous Mr Butterfield is now going by the name of Ryan Butterfield...

I met on the chat site Badoo. I was curious about him so I searched his name online. Other than his Badoo profile he has one On Google Plus and another on Tagged.

His line is that he "Wants Love"

this is the bio he gives...
Ethnicity: American native
Music:Hiphop and country musik
Movies:tears of the sun
Sports:soccer
Interests:Swimming , camping and dancing
Dreams:Want that special life with a special woman
Best Features:My smiley face
About Me:I am a caring, Kind ,Friendly , respectful , romantic, and honest man . I have a good sense of Humor. I like to dance, swim , camp and take a walk. I am looking for a serious relationship with you . I treat my woman with faithfulness, trust , and respect. I am a very polite guy and i have strong heart to love and care for my woman . I am passionate about that . I hate lies, being strict and hard hearted.

Trust me when I say he knows all of the right things to tell you. He wants to chat on Yahoo - this seems to be pretty consistent. His yahoo chat address is: [email protected] and the email address he is using is [email protected] one more piece of contact info... the cell number he is giving out is a burner phone with no personal contact info I could find - the number is 347-304-9560.

I got lucky and never fell for the money scam, but the way he is online chatting is pretty sweet. He now claims he has three kids - but won't tell you much about them. He also claims to be a widower - his "wife" died 5 years ago and he is looking for someone to spend his time with. Anyone who says they love you and wants to marry you in less than a week has so be up to something....

I'll let you know if I learn more...
Advertisement

#112602 by Grunt Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:13 am
see also here for his pic on tagged

tagged profile
Ryan B
Relationship Status: Single
Interested In: Dating, Serious Relationship
Languages: English
Religion: Christian
Orientation: Straight
About Me
Best Features: My smiley face
About Me:
I am a caring, Kind ,Friendly , respectful , romantic, and honest man . I have a good sense of Humor. I like to dance, swim , camp and take a walk. I am looking for a serious relationship with you . I treat my woman with faithfulness, trust , and respect. I am a very polite guy and i have strong heart to love and care for my woman . I am passionate about that . I hate lies, being strict and hard hearted.

on FB
Kevin Butterfield
private profile

the real soldier's name is Sgt Michael Sean Butterfield
his pics are stolen from a MS profile set up in February 2007
#112606 by Grunt Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:14 am
the email address leads to a pic on google+

mylife.com
captainben42
43, male

flirtbox.co.uk
Username Magnificenron
Sexuality Male seeking Female
Age 48
Area United Kingdom, England, Merseyside
Town St.Helene
Profession civil servant
Education Postgraduate
About me
I`m happy, honest and genuine Person...!! My social life has been on hold for several years as my priorities had to be my kid and running my business, however I am being reminded that I deserve a life too!! I would love to meet a lady who is honest,romantic,tactile,have a sense of humor and be happy.my Faith is very important to me and i hope it will lead me to the right path in life..I am someone who is sincere, loyal, caring. It's no fun being lonely, so I'm putting myself out there and hoping for the best. I would love to meet someone who is thoughtful, caring, romantic, intelligent and honest. I love to travel, and experience different foods and cultures, I am sincere, honest, down-to-earth, hard-working, independent, fun, sociable, introspective (I am sure I have left some thing out).Looking for someone to travel and explore different cities, states, countries and dance with. I love going to plays, concerts, movies. Love being home and cooking for friends, famliy, Playing card

MDF
Joe Butterfield
Basic
41 year old, man from United States

more profiles here
viewtopic.php?p=94181#p94181
#112607 by Grunt Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:21 am
also goes by
[email protected]

email address leads to a profile on migente
field90
Sex: Male

badoo
David Butterfield, 46
Was online 2 hours ago
New York, NY, United States

facebook.com
Thompson Greg Butter
private profile

whitepages.com
Ben M Butterfield
147 High Knoll Rd
Columbia, SC 29223
Email me » facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001242267578

this FB profile is deleted

address leads to a property for sale
on zillow and realtor.com
#112704 by Michieg531 Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:05 am
One thing i like about the Badoo site is that it will reveal where you can be found at the time your on the site. It always showed him in New York. We started chatting and soon he deleted his profile...

Here are copies of some of emails he sent me recently...

i am pleased to meet you
I will tell you about me to details now.
I am 47 years old single father . I am in the United state Army. I am
currently in Afghanistan for peace keeping mission.I have 3 kids. i
lost my wife last 5years. I am a caring, Kind ,Friendly , respectful ,
romantic, and honest man . I have a good sense of Humor. I like to
dance, swim , camp and take a walk. I am looking for a serious
relationship with you . I treat my woman with faithfulness, trust ,
and respect. I am a very polite guy and i have strong heart to love
and care for my woman . I am passionate about that . I hate lies,
being strict and hard hearted.

I will give a woman all freedom and care in a relationship and i will
make her happy and good forever as we be together.

I am a happy man and i love to make people happy . I will want to know
all about you too. I love Blue color, music, i am a light drinker and
i do not smoke. I hate pork but i love sea foods and most other foods.

I am ready for a good relationship to start between us ..

You are a good looking woman ,.

Kisses . !

Yours,
Ryan From Badoo
-------------------------------------------------------------------

It feels so good meeting you, your mail sound to me you
are the right and that woman i have been waiting on all my life. i
will like to get to know you good and i am glad you ready to live a
good life with someone ,ike me . i am glad you dont mine the age here.
I promise to give you the best of me . i lwill make you my princess
and i will treat you right and make you happy for the rest of your
life , i will not hurt you and i trust you wont hurt me too. I hope we
get along good and we will make a good ending . Kisses and hugs for
you .

------------------------------------------------------------------

You makes me feel so good,
Yes, i will like to meet you and i will want to be that man of you
life and your dream. You caught my attention the first day we first
met on that site . You seems a happy person , and i will want to share
something special with you . Your mail make me falling , My life seems
changing now since i met you . I will be yours forever and i will make
your pround. I will treat you like my queen and i will be there for
you . I will want us to be in strong love and no ones comes in between
it . I told my kids about you and i sent to them your pics, They like
you ....smiles. Baby , can you give me a chance to love you ? Can you
be my everything? Can you write for my Dwv for us to meet ? Can you
marry me ? I am ready to give you all my heart , time and i will
dedicate all my life to you . I want you and i need you as much as you
can give it . Do you like kids? do you swim , dance , cook , and maybe
camp? any fav food,color and music? do you like a man with Long dick ?
hmm....smiles. if you dont mind i can make a pics of my dick and send
to you if you can handle that ? LoL. When last did you had sex? i will
love to know all about you . Kisses and hugs for you , write back
soonest !

---------------------------------------------------------------------

It's truly amazing the way you completely changed my life around.

Just when I thought my life was never going to change, you came along and showed me a whole new world. A world filled with love, a world filled with respect, a world filled with trust and i know one day we will meet and be together and we will never leave each other any-more and the loneliness in my life will be lost . I have loved , trusted , care, faithful and alot of romance life to share together with you .My love for you lives forever

Love always

Ryan

---------------------------------------------

Any sound familiar to anyone? When he gave me his cell number I went on google and was able to search for the number and it was able to trace the phone to Queens New York... It was currently active...

Thank God for the internet - I could have potentially fallen for this guy...

Thankfully I found out more on this site!! I just have this urge to let him know he's been busted. Maybe this looser will finally leave us all alone...
#117300 by Spook Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:12 am
jameswood1962 @ CasualKiss
New York, New York
50-year-old single male
I'm an E-7Staff Sergeant (SSG) and now working with the UN. I also act as a platoon sergeant in the absence of the Sergeant First Class. I am the leader of my squad. I am a non commission officer and I work in the junior management of the military and I'm on a Peace Keeping Mission and I'm stationed in Iraq and i have been here for 12Months now and I'm left with few more weeks to return States and this is my second time here, I'm 5"8 185pounds,Dark hair and .
I am a very open minded person, someone who accepts people as they are, I am a fair individual who adapts to changes in life and enjoys life to the fullest,and looking to meet a woman that i can spend the rest of my life with in good times and in bad times as well, A woman that I can love and cherished with all my whole being and heart and I pray to God almighty that he will provide me with that kind of a woman someday in my life.
I'm proud of myself in being honest and most trustworthy, I seek that in a mate, someone who is compassionate yet understanding who has a calm behavior and a great personality.. And am looking for a partner and a lover and best friend who I can share the most intimate dreams with. A well rounded individual and a spiritual person.A first, second date for me does not constitute a perfect date, Nor a perfect person. I am easygoing man that seeks an easygoing woman in my life as well.
I believe there is no ideal relationships, Be honest a relationship is hard work and compromise, It is as good as you make it, What makes a relationship ideal to someone is how much time and effort one puts into it and how committed two people are to it.
What are you looking for in a partner?
looking to meet a woman that i can spend the rest of my life with in good times and in bad times as well, A woman that I can love and cherished with all my whole being and heart and I pray to God almighty that he will provide me with that kind of a woman someday in my life.
#118770 by sunshine1971 Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:31 am
Hi all:

Ryan butterfield poses himself as an engineer on a boat travelling from new york to the UK. He promises you the world. He says he cant stand liars or cheaters. He poses he has 3 children living in the UK. Ryan uses the emails [email protected] and [email protected]. he gives out his number as 347 304 9560. and his yahoo chat is [email protected]. Please be on alert. He is very charming and tells you he is in debt and to help him come home to live with you.
I met him on Badoo and is 47. love camping, boating, and poses as a loving and caring man...Thank god i know how to surf the net. Within 2 days he is madly in love with you...

here are some of his quotes he uses" if you need me home to you...you can do this baby" "i need the money to pay my loan off before i come to you...2000.00..how much can you raise" he loves calling you princess and finishes off with ryan cares! or yours ryan.
He also talks about that you are the last stop of love in his life..makes you promise you will never break his heart cause he cant stand to be hurt so many times. his words are "I know you wont hurt me and i wont hurt you and i know that...you have given me back the lost hope and glory lost in my love life...i will give you all if you want it....i am falling for you baby..i need you to be my wife if you can give me a chance." kisses and hugs ryan
#118837 by Bubbles Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:56 am
Welcome to ScamWarners . As you know scammers are none of the things they claim to be. The scammer is not on a ship, is not 47 and has no children.

They DO want your money for themselves, but that is all that is true.

Thank you for posting this to help others who may encounter this scammer.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#120933 by Grunt Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:47 pm
viewtopic.php?p=118770#p118770
stumbled upon [email protected]
already some time ago
now he finally wrote back

To [email protected]
Opened 2012/08/23
Location Chicago, Illinois, United States (86% likelihood)
Opened on (198.144.105.23:39537)
IP: 198.144.105.23
Organization: nLayer Communications
Services: Suspected network sharing device
Type: Corporate
State/Region: Illinois
City: Chicago

Hello xxx. Now i will want to tell you all about me
I am 48 years old single father . I am in the United state :mrgreen: Army working as an Engineer . I am currently in Afghanistan for peace keeping mission.I have 3 kids. i lost my wife last 7years i tried a woman after 3yrs i lost my wife and didnt work. i was hurt so i stopped and quit till 4yrs now that i am looking . I am a caring, Kind ,Friendly , respectful ,romantic, and honest man . I have a good sense of Humor. I like to
dance, swim , camp and take a walk. I am looking for a serious relationship with you . I treat my woman with faithfulness, trust , and respect. I am a very polite guy and i have strong heart to love and care for my woman . I am passionate about that . I hate lies, being strict and hard hearted.

I will give a woman all freedom and care in a relationship and i will
make her happy and good forever as we be together.

I am a happy man and i love to make people happy . I will want to know
all about you too. I love Blue color, music, i am a light drinker and
i do not smoke. I hate pork but i love sea foods and most other foods.

I am ready for a good relationship to start between us ..

You are a good looking woman ,.
I hope we can chat soon ....

Kisses . I am a one woman man .Know that !
write back soonest
Yours,
Ryan.

X-Originating-IP: [198.144.105.23]
Subject: ABOUT ME
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012
#120994 by Grunt Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:51 am
with the 2nd pic of previous post
and profile of Jul 25

facebook.com/ben.butterfield.31
Ben Butterfield
Sergent at USA Army
Lives in Columbia, South Carolina
Widowed
Male
#121310 by 1searching2 Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:11 pm
This isnt about him per say but the women I meet,are basically the same way.Only difference with them is If they arent in love with you the first 5 minutes well you better be in love with them also,an they are pretty un forgiving about it to.if you dont love them within 15 minutes of 1st meeting they start gettin pretty hostile,lol.just sayin is all