Information on romance scams and scammers.
#121343 by Dotti Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:17 am
Instantly falling in love, and demanding that you reciprocate, is typical of a scammer, whether he is playing a male or a female. The scammer is looking for a particular personality--one that is more likely to pay. He wants someone romantic enough that he/she is likely to let their heart rule over their mind. He needs this because someone who is not emotionally attached is going to look at his story critically, and is going to see the gaping holes in it. He also wants a person who is looking for a long-term or serious relationship--someone who is just looking for fun is not likely to spend a large amount of money. And he wants someone he can manipulate and/or dominate. If he can get you to start declaring your love quickly, you are more likely to be the type he is looking for.

While there are exceptions, most real people, male and female, do NOT fall in love immediately, and certainly don't demand that people they meet online start declaring love. In fact, many women will be suspicious of men who instantly fall in love, thinking they are either liars or unstable.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
Advertisement

#121561 by ratt84 Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:23 pm
[email protected]

am bobby george,am a militant born in us but deployed on a mission to afhanistan.tell me about yourself

Received: from [141.0.9.66]
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012

IP: 141.0.9.66
ISP: Opera Software ASA
Organization: Opera Mini Proxies
Services: Confirmed proxy server
#240030 by Ontanara Winterwolf Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:43 pm
He's on match.com as well using the scam that hes in Afghanistan. he only talked to me for a few min on yahoo messenger however i noticed a few red flags and decided to look his picture up and ... oh lookie lookie what i found. hes using the picture where he is sitting at a table in the blue shirt for that one. he is using a different name... for me he said his name is jeff hawkins, his yahoo messenger is jeffhawkins79
#313743 by Chrysop1 Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:18 am
This guy has changed his game or strategy. He has made his way onto Muslim dating sites, such as Muslima. He no longer posts under his alias as "Butterfield," but is a soldier in a foreign country who is borrowing a friends profile. He lures people in, then changes his identity to what he is most comfortable using in order to be consistent in his lies.

He is very smooth. He does make some mistakes in his speech mannerisms. He has excellent English skills, but makes subtle errors that indicate that he is not originally from the USA. AND it is apparent, when reviewing his previous scams on this website, that he is constantly refining his skills. This is a slippery character and eventually he will be caught. Fortunately, I had only one conversation before discovering the truth.

Be careful ladies.
#327788 by Maridia Fri May 12, 2017 3:39 am
It would seem that he is back in action, very persistent. He is now on match.com as

'Boost' 58 YEARS OLD -
6’0” - 182 CM
ERITH
GREATER LONDON
Logged in within the last 24 hours
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: widowed
CHILDREN: yes
HAIR: white
BODY SHAPE: athletic
INTERESTS: museums/exhibits, ...
SMOKING: no (smoke is not a ...
SEARCH: a woman from 50 to 70
„I'm positive, even-keeled, smart, funny, caring, empathetic, compassionate, and loyal.Get me on ryan4luv at out luk dote come. I love conversation, I enjoy a lot of

affection in a relationship, there are a lot of things you can express without words, and unexpectedly, just to show how much you care. I love the outdoors. I'm

spiritual but not religious...however I consider nature and science my religion. There's never a perfect match, but its important to at least be on the same

wavelength, both parties have a desire/aspire to learn about each other

MY APPEARANCE

SILHOUETTE: athletic
HAIR: white , short
EYES: hazel
MY STYLE: sophisticated
MY BEST FEATURE: muscles
MY VALUES

RELIGION: Christian
I THINK MARRIAGE IS: important
DO I WANT CHILDREN? No
DIET: I eat everything
MY PROFILE

MY PERSONALITY: adventurous
ASTROLOGICAL SIGN: taurus
ETHNICITY: white / caucasian
NATIONALITY: American
I LIVE: alone
SMOKING: no (smoke is not a problem)
ROMANCE: very romantic
MY PETS: dogs
EDUCATION: bachelors degree
OTHER LANGUAGES: English
INTERESTS

INTERESTS: museums/exhibits music travel/sightseeing the outdoors dining out
SPORTS: football swimming tennis horseback riding running fitness training
MY TASTE IN MUSIC: pop-rock R'n'B soul rock classical/opera
MY FAVOURITE FILMS: action drama comedy science fiction romantic comedy

A couple of years back I started chatting to someone who portrayed himself as being in the American military etc., you know the usual and we chatted for a couple of days when he declared that he was desperately in love with me and wanted us to share a life together and then asked if I would give him my address so he could send me a parcel of money to begin that life, to which I of course replied certainly not. He then cut me off instantly, no doubt realising that this lady was not for scamming. I later found that a great many of these scammers emanate from an internet cafe in Nigeria. Be careful ladies these scammers feed off your desire to find a partner, mainly those of us later in life, when all they want is your money and have absolutely no desire for you.