Information on romance scams and scammers.
#17952 by avenging_angel Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:46 am
From Silvia Dokie Tue Dec 1 06:12:57 2009
X-Apparently-To: xxxxxxxxxxxx via 67.195.23.107; Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:13:02 -0800
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-YahooFilteredBulk: 98.136.44.48
X-YMailISG:
Blow out prevented
X-Originating-IP: [98.136.44.48]
Authentication-Results: mta110.mail.re1.yahoo.com from=yahoo.com; domainkeys=pass (ok); from=yahoo.com; dkim=pass (ok)
Received: from 98.136.44.48 (HELO n76.bullet.mail.sp1.yahoo.com) (98.136.44.48)
by mta110.mail.re1.yahoo.com with SMTP; Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:13:01 -0800
Received: from [69.147.84.145] by n76.bullet.mail.sp1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 01 Dec 2009 06:12:59 -0000
Received: from [69.147.65.168] by t8.bullet.mail.sp1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 01 Dec 2009 06:12:58 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp503.mail.sp1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 01 Dec 2009 06:12:58 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 55822 invoked by uid 60001); 1 Dec 2009 06:12:58 -0000

Blow out prevented

DomainKey-Signature:a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;
h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;
b=G+PM2s+Z2AfkQssA0ImNSLoHHMTP5TMBif9Pou75tpi5HVsn6IKra7SsAPWidl+QaaOQjXiXPdR/ytZCESnDD4CkhOzzYFLslXme+AF6JLbnGfAfZxo8RnuvaeiYgnHkVRWO9iCOXP4v19es7xYwAj9NxEx/5ZHuxjY7ra+DGfg=;
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-YMail-OSG:

Blow out prevented

Received: from [196.207.231.56] by web44702.mail.sp1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:12:58 PST
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/8.1.6 YahooMailWebService/0.8.100.260964
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:12:57 -0800 (PST)
Subject: I WILL LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT YOU
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-296823357-1259647978=:55737"
Content-Length: 329045

General Information
Hostname: 196.207.231.56
ISP: Societe Nationale Des Telecommunications Du Senega
Organization: Pool ADSL BAS
Proxy: None detected
Type: Cable/DSL

1 Dec

MY DEAR ONE
am more than happy in your urgent mail to my mail.How are you today? l hope fine.Mine is not too good due to my suffering condition here in Dakar Senegal.My name is Miss Silvia, I am (23) years old, single and never married, 5ft 8 inches Tall, 55kg weight, black hair and brown eyes,l am from Liberia in West Africa and presently l am residing in a church Orphanage home here in Dakar Senegal as a result of the civil war that was fought in my country some years ago.I lost my both Parents during this deadly Political War.That Damaged Thousands of innocent Souls in Liberia.My family was among the first target of the rebels because my Late father Dr Tolbert Dokie was a Successful business man and also a politician supporting the Present Government when the problems was about to start.Due to this all the members of my family were Murdered in a cold Blood and our family house was set ablazed.I was Lucky and escaped death because i was in bordering when this deadly incident took place.
It is only myself who is alive now and l managed to make my way to a nearby country Senegal where l am staying now and never pray or think to step my legs in that bloody country called Liberia. I would like to know more about you..Your likes and dislikes,your hobbies and what you are doing presently. I will tell you more about myself in my next mail. Attached here is my picture.Hoping to hear from you soonest. Yours Forever
miss silvia

Advertisement

#17953 by The Enchantress Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:33 am
Thank You for posting this information and stolen photographs used by this scammer avenging_angel.

Definite refugee/romance scammer.

BRIEF SUMMARY OF THIS TYPE OF SCAM

This scam has a romance element - whereby a scammer is "pretending" to be a young girl - and will send stolen photographs in an attempt to appear legimate. The scammer will most likely "pretend" to be all alone, parentless (they died recently and tragically) and is in now in a refugee camp, where a "pastor figure" allows "her" to use a PC to mail the victim.

The scammer will mention a fortune (cocao/cash/diamonds) ect - and request you to mail "another person" - same scammer or scam partner - lawyer/banker/barrister - who will need some fee paid before the "imaginary" riches are transfered to the victim.

The scammer "pretend" girl - will fall in love with you and plan to travel to you - and live happily ever after with "her" knight in shining armour.

It is all lies - scammers always lie - all they care for is the money they hope you will wire to them.

Delete and do not reply to this and other scammers peddling the same/similar lies

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#18164 by avenging_angel Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:48 am
Next stage.

Hello Dearest ,

I am more very happy in your reply to my mail.How is your day? hope all is fine.mine is not too ok in the orphanage home here in Dakar senegal.In this orphanage home we are only allowed to go out only on Mondays and Fridays of the weeks.Its just like one staying in the prison and i hope by Gods grace i will come out here soon.We don't have any relatives now whom we can go to all our relatives ran away in the middle of the war the only person we have now is Rev.Benjamin Charles who is the pastor of the (Catholic Orphanage home ) here in the camp he has been very nice to me since i came here but i am not living with him rather i am living in the female's hostel because the camp have two hostels one for male the other for female .The Pastors Tel number is (+221-777-82-43-72) if you call and tell him that you want to speak with me he will send for me in the hostel. As an orphan here i don't have any right or privilege to any thing be it money or whatever because it is against the law of this country.I want to go back to my studies because i only attended my first year before the tragic incident that lead to my being in this situation now took place.Please listen to this,i have my late father's Deposit Certificate and certificate here with me which i will send to you latter,because when he was alive he deposited some amount of money in one of the leading bank in Europe which he used my name as the next of kin,the amount in question is $9.4M(Nine Million Four Hundred Thousand Dollars).So i will like you to help me transfer this money to your account and from it you can send some money for me to get my travelling documents and air ticket to come over to meet with you.I kept this secret to people in the camp here the only person that knows about it is the Rev rend because he is like a father to me.So in the light of above i will like you to keep it to yourself and don't tell it to anyone for i am afraid of loosing my life and the money if people gets to know about it.Remember i am giving you all this information due to the trust i deposited on you.I like honest and understanding people,truthful and a man of vision,truth and Hardworking My favourite language is English and i speak English very fluently.Meanwhile i will like you to call me like i said i have alot to tell you.Have a nice day and think about me.Awaiting to hear from you soonest

Yours in love,
silvia