Information on romance scams and scammers.
#117887 by Dotti Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:04 am
Romance scammer and liar.

Scammer spends a few days working towards the money request, setting the scene with typical romance emails along with a developing storyline about his business.

Yesterday, I had to pick up the car at the rental as they had to many deliveries and could not get mine here on time, then I had to meet with my freight forwarder regarding my goods which arrive tomorrow and also check a couple of warehouses for the space I need. I will be leaving the apartment shortly to spend time outside. I am going to be very busy next week searching for storage space so I want to use this weekend to relax.

I hope to hear from you again.

With affection.
David.

I wanted to give you a call yesterday but my phone battery died while I was out. I canceled my trip to Manchester to visit my old neighborhood. You have a positive effect on me and being around you will make me feel complete. I like you, very much. I want to be there for you all the time. My heart tells me you are a loving and caring woman, so I will follow my heart and let it guide me. I decided to visit the Diana Fountain on the outskirts of London after doing some shopping at the Stratford Shopping Centre which is very close to the Olympic stadium.

It was beautiful sitting by the fountain and wishing I had a partner with me. The air was cool and people watching is always interesting. I watched one young father explain to his little girl - about 3 - about throwing coins into a fountain and making a wish. It was so sweet. Another couple - in their 70's walked by holding hands - romantic and made me a little lonely for that kind of love, friendship and caring. I wish you were with me.

Hugs,
David.

I had to go over to the docks this morning to confirm that my goods were there and Yes!, it arrived!!. I was informed by the Customs Authority that I had to secure a permit license to trade in the United Kingdom as the one I had with me was outdated. I also have to provide them with my Bill of lading and go over to the tax office to recalculate the taxes on my goods, and pay any outstanding taxes. This is all I have to do to get my goods out of the docks.

I left the dock around noon and started my search for a warehouse space. I checked all the warehouses around the docks and I did not have any luck. They had storage space but not large enough for my goods so I gave my number to every warehouse manager I could meet in person and asked them to give me a call if they could get a space for me before Friday. I have 6 clients who are interested in purchasing my merchandise and this makes me really happy. Everything is going really well for me.

Fondly,
Dave.

London is really beautiful at night and I cannot wait to have you by my side. I am not having any luck in securing the warehouse space at this time but a warehouse manager told me he would have the space I need tomorrow so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Say a prayer for me!

The tax office informed me I have an outstanding tax of £4250. I also have to secure a license permit for £1,502. The warehouse manager told me I can only pay for a minimum of 5 business days and each day costs a thousand pounds. It is quite expensive to trade here in England but my buyers are reliable and ready. My merchandise costs $4M excluding a shipping fee of $225,000 and I am selling for $6.4M. This is why I said it is my last deal overseas. I have a lot invested and the return is huge.

I feel comfortable sharing all this with you. I just want you to see why I said I am retiring after this deal. Most of my past deals in Europe have been within the range of $1M-$1.5M, with a return of a little over $500,000. I have a bank loan to take care of when I return which is not a problem. I really want to share my life with you. I just hope and pray you feel the same way. I think I may be able to get things done really early and I can push my return date to Aug. 12. I will be coming through Long Island so maybe you can pick me up at the airport. What do you think?

Talk to you soon darling.

Kisses,
Dave.

And, after about a week, you can see he is going for the money request.

I really wish I could come out of the computer right now. I left the apartment when I got a call from the warehouse manager that he had the space I needed for the storage of my goods. I took my Bill of lading, tax documents from the Tax office and old license for transacting business here in the United Kingdom. I was going to pay for the warehouse space, the pay for the renewal of my license before heading to the Tax office to pay my outstanding tax. I drove down to his office and had to wait for half an hour because he was with another client. I got to see him and he showed me the area where he has created the space I need because someone just moved his goods out, and everything looked perfect, and he explained to me that due to the Olympic Games, there has been a lot of clients moving their goods in and out of his warehouse, and most of the warehouses around are fully booked.

I agreed to pay him. By the time I got back to my car, I realised my car had been robbed. I have lost all my valuable documents, cash and credit cards. I had £7100 cash in my suit case, which is for the warehouse space and the license permit. I was going to pay the taxes with my credit card. I have called my Bank and it took more than 2 hours for my Bank account and creditcard to get blocked. I am totally confused right now and do not know where to start from. I have been with the Police all evening and they have no leads. I feel depressed right now. I do not know why this has happened to me. I feel so ashamed of myself right now. I feel really sick.

Depressed,
Dave.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
Advertisement

#118042 by tempest123 Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:27 pm
I have been receiving the exact same e-mails from David. I met him on Match.com. I thought several things were odd and I have been speaking with him since July 15, 2012. I thought it was odd that a picture he sent me supposedly from Florida in July he and the person in the background were wearing winter clothes. Should I report him to Match. He told me he made his profile invisable.
Tempest123
#118275 by Bubbles Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:25 am
Welcome to ScamWarners tempest123. The scammer has not made his profile invisible, it has been reported as a scammer and deleted by Match.com. It is great that you did some checking and found our site.

Your best course of action now is to just drop all contact with the scammer. Do NOT tell him you read about him here. Don't tell him you know he is a scammer. Just disappear. Do not respond to him in any way. The only thing he wants to do is to trick you into sending him money. He will be persistent and tell you all kinds of things you want to hear to keep you so he can get into your bank account.

We are glad you found us.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#185766 by barbarcc Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:04 am
I see people are saying some things about him, so I will too, in the hopes that it will help.

I was unsure from the start because, honestly, 1) his picture of the extremely, possibley too good looking man; 2) the way he told me all about himself in the second e-mail message; and 3) it seemed like he was cutting and pasting.

HOWEVER, he was reeling me in because, 1) I told him I was hesitant because of some bad experiences I'd had on Match and he said, "Please feel free to go as slowly as you want"; 2) he at first seemed interested in me because he asked a lot of questions about me, and 3) He commented on my pictures in a pleasant and mature way.

I'm so glad I found this website. I've already had some experiences on Match that I'm regretting--so I am learning and this website will continue to help.
#186132 by Smith Jones Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:12 am
Hi barbrcc, it is very hard when the scammers come after you and they give you their lies that you really want to hear. I have been on numerous dating sites and was scammed on match.com. All you want is to connect with someone and you got a liar. They really are the best at making us feel adored and cared about. i learned that I really wanted to hear that and enjoyed it from the start.
Their pictures are terrific. Who wouldn't want to believe this great looking guy who is saying the right thing would fall for someone like us? It is so flattering and I was actually offended when it seemed like people thought mine was too good to be true. I looked at the pictures of my scammer for a long time after I learned the truth here- I really wanted him to be a real guy and coming to me like he promised. Never happened.
I gave my scammer money, so I have deep regrets. it happened months ago but I think about it all the time. i don't do that to beat myself up. I do it to remind myself that I am better than what I did and I have grown stronger from the experience. It is hard to not feel sad at love lost, mad that it will never happen, foolish that we even believed them for one moment, but then happy that we came here and stopped it.
I wish you well in your search for love. I have not given up but I choose not to date online but connect more with people around me and find time with friends a fulfilling feeling. Please make sure you are safe.
#192053 by dlee316 Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:25 am
I'm sorry to hear of your encounter with "Dave." I had ongoing encounters with him since 2010. I was shocked and horrified to learn that I had been targeted by a scam artist. We had an ongoing "relationship" generated from Match since 2010. Fortunately I educated myself with websites such as this one and was able to avoid becoming financially involved with this creep. He said all the right things. He was smooth and supportive. Apparently we are in his target range of attractive females. Employed. Homeowners. Responsible citizens. 50s females. I'm sorry you fell victim to his charms. I am livid that this has occurred and I hope you will join me in educating others in the pitfalls of online dating.. Be safe and take care.
#223091 by dlee316 Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:31 am
Received a spontaneous email from this creep yesterday. He has changed his tactic, much more direct.
I am glad to hear from you. Thank you for the email. I am doing OK, but things are a bit slow at my end. I was surprised to hear from you but also excited. Are you seeing anyone ? How is life ? I will love to meet before the end of this year if it permits you. I am working on a contract right now and I know it would pay off before the end of the year. Can you deposit $75 into this account ? A/C Name: RRD1, LLC, A/C NO: 485004706307, BANK OF AMERICA. I know you have a million on one questions but I promise to explain when I receive the deposit. I will appreciate a cash deposit. You can reach me at 203-707-2281. Talk to you soon.

Cheers!
David.

As if. :roll: