Information on romance scams and scammers.
#18223 by Breakwind Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:35 pm
This almost crossed charity scam, because of the mention of a charity, however the intent of this is just a romance scam:

From favourbrown canada Fri Dec 4 15:51:27 2009
X-Apparently-To: <snip> via 76.13.12.166; Fri, 04 Dec 2009 08:51:27 -0800
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-YahooFilteredBulk: 66.220.20.13
X-YMailISG: <snip>
X-Originating-IP: [66.220.20.13]
Authentication-Results: mta1087.mail.sp2.yahoo.com from=gawab.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=gawab.com; dkim=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (HELO info15.gawab.com) (66.220.20.13) by mta1087.mail.sp2.yahoo.com with SMTP; Fri, 04 Dec 2009 08:51:27 -0800
Received: (qmail 7621 invoked by uid 1004); 4 Dec 2009 15:51:27 -0000
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Cc: recipient list not shown: ;
Received: from 41.208.170.125 by mail.gawab.com with HTTP; Fri, 04 Dec 2009 15:51:27 GMT
"favourbrown canada" <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
Subject: Hi friend
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 15:51:27 GMT
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="=_1259941887_253779_84707"
X-Originating-IP: [41.208.170.125]
Content-Length: 5139

Hi friend
With love and passion i wish to say compliment of the great season and best wishes in all you do this day. How are you and the environment over there? I'm pleased to meet you.My names is favourbrown from Canada.I live and work in my country with the Global Welfare and Child Development (GWCD) here in Canada .I'm a single lady of 24 years of age, single looking forward to my better subordinate in mere future.I wish to associate with you in all areas of life. I've never be married cos due to lack of trust and betray which i had in the past.It will be wonderful if you will be part of me to be my partner, co-passion and It will be nice for me if you can as well join and be a part in this my trip. I need a man that's good looking in-ward not minding race or ethnicity,your sincerity i care for, your honesty i cherish,your passion i search for, be my better half.Let's associate together in divinity, co-operate world, mutual relationship, be part of me and i be part of you, in all i do I'll have you in mind cos you are in me.I've travelled far and wide, mixed with different races in the co-operate world, i do understand that the plight of human is to direct and re-direct the low and the needy. I open my arms wide to associate with you receive you and believe you will give me your sincerity as well. Let make the world and the union a worth living and experiencing. I wish to be with you and relate together for the good of each other.I will get back to you after your mail for more detail about me.
You are welcome to my world. .

Our Regards email [email protected]

favour
Advertisement

#18224 by The Enchantress Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:15 pm
Note the scammers lie - claiming to "live and work in my country, Canada"

IP = 41.208.170.125 = Senegal

Definite conference/romance scammer.

BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THIS TYPE OF SCAM

The talk of a potential relationship in these emails is merely to attract respondents. The scammer usually wishes to redirect the correspondence solely onto the subject of joining them in their 'work'. And, in order to do that, there will be fees to be paid.

Variations can include asking for a charitable donation, or, sometimes, the scammer pretending to have financial difficulties, often while working in another country to the one they first claimed to be residing in.

Whatever form the story takes, it is untrue. The scammer is not doing the work they claim they are doing.

It is an invented tale, designed to influence you to send money to them.

See here - for an almost exact mail as used by the above scammer.

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4340&p=16610

Scam will continue with an invitation to attend a conference together - similar to these mails

Hi Friend

With love and passion i wish to say compliment of the great season and best wishes in all you do this day. How are you and the environment over there? I'm pleased to meet you.

My names is Angela Kelvin from USA.I live and work in my country with the World Youth Organisation for Human Development here in the United State and by the grace of the Almighty God I'll be visiting Africa for the first time in my life for a combined International Conference.I'm one of the Organizer Organizing the fourth coming combined International Conference on HIV/AIDS Prevention here in US and later in Africa.I'm a single lady of 26 years of age, single looking forward to my better subordinate in mere future.I wish to associate with you in all areas of life.

I've never be married cos due to lack of trust and betray which i had in the past.It will be wonderful if you will be part of me to be my partner, co-passion and It will be nice for me if you can as well join and be a part in this my trip.I need a man that's good looking in-ward not minding race or ethnicity,your sincerity i care for, your honesty i cherish, your passion i search for, be my better half.Let's associate together in divinity, co-operate world, mutual relationship, be part of me and i be part of you, in all i do I'll have you in mind cos you are in me.

I've travelled far and wide, mixed with different races in the co-operate world, i do understand that the plight of human is to direct and re-direct the low and the needy.I open my arms wide to associate with you receive you and believe you will give me your sincerity as well. Let make the world and the union a worth living and experiencing. I wish to be with you and relate together for the good of each other.I will get back to you after your mail for more detail about me.You are welcome to my world.

Lovely solution and God Bless.

Your Companion,

Here is my Email Address: [email protected]
Best Wishes,

Angela.

[email protected]

Hi Friend,

With love and passion i wish to say compliment of the great season and best wishes in all you do this day. How are you and the environment over there? I'm pleased to meet you. My names is Nancy Markson from USA. I live and work in my country with the WORLD YOUTH ORGANIZATION FOR HUMAN WELFARE here in the United States and by the grace of the Almighty God I'll be visiting Africa for the first time in my life for a combined International Conference on HIV/AIDS Prevention and Child Abuse/Labour.

I'm one of the Organizers Organizing a combined International Conference here in US and later in Africa. I'm a single lady of 27 years of age, single looking forward to my better subordinate in mere future. I wish to associate with you in all areas of life. I've never be married cos due to lack of trust and betray which i had in the past. It will be wonderful if you will be part of me to be my partner, co-passion and it's will be nice for me if you can as well join and be a part in this my trip. I need a man that's good looking in-ward not minding race or ethnicity, your sincerity i care for, your honesty i cherish, your passion i search for, be my better half.

Let's associate together in divinity, co-operate world, mutual relationship, be part of me and i be part of you, in all i do I'll have you in mind cos you are in me. I've travelled far and wide, mixed with different races in the co-operate world, i do understand that the plight of human is to direct and re-direct the low and the needy. I open my arms wide to associate with you receive you and believe you will give me your sincerity as well. Let make the world and the union a worth living and experiencing. I wish to be with you and relate together for the good of each other.

You are welcome to my world.
Lovely solution and God Bless.
Your Companion,
Thanx,
Nancy Markson.
USA.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.