Information on romance scams and scammers.
#18679 by David Jansen Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:25 pm
I wasn't sure if this email belongs here so i did a search for this Joy Koneh first. This scammer is posted at various anti scam sites and mostly regarding romance scams. It's very likely this is a romance scam but it could allso turn into a AFF scam.
IP: 196.207.196.129 Senegal
Hello Dear,

"Joy Koneh" <[email protected]> [Add]
To:
undisclosed recipients: ;
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 2009 10:30 PM (22 hours 54 mins ago)

Hello Dear,

How are you today? I hope that everything is ok with you, i saw you profile at (google search ) and it was very interesting so its my great pleasure to contact you in having communication with you starting from today, please I wish you will have the desire with me so that we can get to know each other better and see what happens in future.

I will be very happy if you can write me through my email for easy communication so that we can know each other, I will give you my pictures and details about me after hearing from you. Waiting for your response as I wish you all the best.

Your's new friend,
Joy

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
Advertisement

#18681 by The Enchantress Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:03 pm
Well posted David Jansen.

This is the correct place.

Your information will alert and save others from being scammed. Thank You.

Definite refugee/romance scammer.

Joy Koneh - [email protected]

BRIEF SUMMARY OF THIS TYPE OF SCAM

This scam has a romance element - whereby a scammer is "pretending" to be a young girl - and will send stolen photographs in an attempt to appear legimate. The scammer will most likely "pretend" to be all alone, parentless (they died recently and tragically) and is in now in a refugee camp, where a "pastor figure" allows "her" to use a PC to mail the victim.

The scammer will mention a fortune (cocao/cash/diamonds) ect - and request you to mail "another person" - same scammer or scam partner - lawyer/banker/barrister - who will need some fee paid before the "imaginary" riches are transfered to the victim.

The scammer "pretend" girl - will fall in love with you and plan to travel to you - and live happily ever after with "her" knight in shining armour.

It is all lies - scammers always lie - all they care for is the money they hope you will wire to them.

Delete and do not reply to this and other scammers peddling the same/similar lies

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.