Information on romance scams and scammers.
#18973 by Ralph Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:46 am
Details are still vague but we hope to provide more information shortly

This scammer is likely to email you out of the blue in hope of finding somebody to steal from.

Here is the initial email;

Dearest,
How are you? I saw your email today and feel like contacting you.I feel we may become matches.([email protected]) is my contact. Kindly make a contact if you are interested.so that I can give you my picture for you to know who i am.
My name is Divine. I will appreciate it if you give a good responds.
Thanks and remain blessed.
(Remeber the distance,colour or age does not matter but love matters alot in life)
([email protected])
Advertisement

#19050 by The Enchantress Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:13 pm
Noted these messages from this scammer "divine ekpere" both 2008

Hello,

How are you? I saw your email today and feel like contacting you.I feel we may become matches. ([email protected]) is my contact. Kindly make a contact if you are interested.so that I can give you my picture for you to know who i am.

My name is Divine. I will appreciate it if you give a good responds.

(Remember the distance,colour or age does not matter but love matters alot in life) ([email protected])

Hello,
How are you? I saw your email today and feel like contacting you.([email protected]) is my contact. Kindly make a contact if you are interested.so that I can give you my picture for you to know who i am.

My name is DIVINE. I will appreciate it if you give a good responds.

(Remeber the distance,colour or age does not matter but love matters alot in life)

([email protected])

Definite refugee/romance scammer.

BRIEF SUMMARY OF THIS TYPE OF SCAM

This scam has a romance element - whereby a scammer is "pretending" to be a young girl - and will send stolen photographs in an attempt to appear legimate. The scammer will most likely "pretend" to be all alone, parentless (they died recently and tragically) and is in now in a refugee camp, where a "pastor figure" allows "her" to use a PC to mail the victim.

The scammer will mention a fortune (cocao/cash/diamonds) ect - and request you to mail "another person" - same scammer or scam partner - lawyer/banker/barrister - who will need some fee paid before the "imaginary" riches are transfered to the victim.

The scammer "pretend" girl - will fall in love with you and plan to travel to you - and live happily ever after with "her" knight in shining armour.

It is all lies - scammers always lie - all they care for is the money they hope you will wire to them.

Delete and do not reply to this and other scammers peddling the same/similar lies

Note also this mail;

Subject: I WILL LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT YOU

Queridos,
Me siento muy feliz por su respuesta a mi correo, a pesar de su ocupado horario.
¿Cómo fue tu noche allá en su país, creo que tenía una bonita noche y la atmósfera que allí en su país es muy bonito hoy? Minas fue un poco más de frío aquí en Dakar, Senegal.

Mi nombre es DIVINA EKPERE i am (25) pero la edad no importa en una relación real, por lo que estoy a gusto con su edad, yo soy de Ruanda en África, 5.4ft de altura, justo en la cara sola, (nunca casados) y actualmente estoy residiendo aquí, en Dakar, como consecuencia de la guerra civil que se libró en mi país hace algunos años.
Mi difunto padre el Dr Autor Ekpere fue el director gerente de Autor & Associates (Ltd) en Kigali (la capital de Ruanda), antes de los rebeldes atacaron nuestra casa una mañana temprano y mataron a mi madre y mi padre a sangre fría.

Es sólo que me está vivo ahora y pude hacer mi camino a un país de cerca de Senegal, donde me voy ahora como refugiado en virtud de un padre Rev desgarrar la atención y estoy utilizando su ordenador para enviar estos mensajes a usted desde ayer.

Me gustaría saber más acerca de you.Your gustos y disgustos, tus aficiones y lo que está haciendo presently.I le dirá más sobre mi en mi próximo mail.Attached aquí son mis pictures.I también para ver como la suya hoy mismo!
Expresando la esperanza de oír de usted lo antes posible
Suya para siempre,
DIVINA

(translation)

Dearest,
I am very happy for your reply to my mail despite your busy schedules.
How was your night over there in your country,i believe you had a nice night and that the atmosphere over there in your country is very nice today? Mine was a little bit cold over here in Dakar Senegal.

My name is DIVINE EKPERE i am (25) but age doesn't matter in a real relationship,so i am comfortable with your age,I am from Rwanda in Africa,5.4ft tall, fair in complexion single,(never married ) and presently i am residing here in Dakar as a result of the civil war that was fought in my country some years ago.
My late father Dr Author Ekpere was the managing director of Author & Associates (Ltd) in Kigali (the capital of Rwanda) before the rebels attacked our house one early morning and killed my mother and my father in cold blood.

It was only me that is alive now and I managed to make my way to a near by country Senegal where i am leaving now as a refugee under a Rev rend father's care and i am using his computer to send these messages to you since yesterday.

I would like to know more about you.Your likes and dislikes,your hobbies and what you are doing presently.I will tell you more about myself in my next mail.Attached here are my pictures.I will also like to see yours today!
Hoping to hear from you soonest
Yours forever,
DIVINE

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.