Information on romance scams and scammers.
#176032 by dangitall Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:50 pm
What a doofus. If "God intervention" is what is needed, wouldn't his time be better spent on his knees rather than typing a lengthy, desperate email?

I'm not a religious fanatic, but I do believe in the Bible. There's a reservation in Hell for those using religion to scam believers just as there is for those that mock and deny Him. Not surprising that "scam" and "scum" differ by only one letter.
Advertisement

#178318 by faye Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:34 pm
The guy that contacted me through FaceBook used the name Ramson Smith from Dublin Ireland, but lived in London UK lost his wife, and had a 10 year old daughter name Sarah. Same lines as the rest. When I busted him he had the nerve to say "Sweet heart what are you talking about" I said a few choice words, and in 2 minutes, he took his page down, but you can still see his photo on FB, that he was using. Are the photo's real, or just photo's of people, they came across? Beware everyone. It's so sad.
#178878 by began steele Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:24 pm
Phone 00447924550851
I am not so happy with you. Reason why? You fucked me over. You reported me. Now I have lost a lot of money because of what you did. My facebook account has been shutdown because of you. Why did you do that to me....? Anyways, thank you. You have hurt me.
HA HA I am glad!

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#180849 by Briarrose Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:27 am
Briarrose wrote:I have got the same thing from someone who calls himself George Dylan on Facebook. Some emails contents are exactly the same (oh, they don't even care to write something new). I kept telling him that I am an old lady and am too old for him and we finally agreed to be friends but he kept on sending compliments. We have had exchanges of emails and talked over the phone on family affairs and luckily I have not fallen for him. When he wrote about the pirate thing, I traced his IP which turned out to be Ireland. I denied him and he disappeared.

Watch out for this person. His name on Facebook is George Dylan, email address being [email protected] and tel no being 44 7719 837067 and 44 7031741797

This guy now called himself George D Henry on Facebook. By posting here I hope anybody approached by him would check him out here and won't fall for him.
#181058 by detty Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:42 pm
Nefertari wrote:I have been contacted on Facebook by someone using almost the same words. The profile was in the name of Albert Ronald . Don't have email address but have photo being used.

I was also contacted by Albert Ronald . Am happy to report that this guy's account has been closed. Not sure, whether it was me who reported him, but what difference does it make ?

There's yet another FB account by a guy claiming to be Hasso Plattner :

Lives in Manchester, UK, but this time he's in Oil and Gas ( I guess he branched out ) :

DIRECTOR of OPERATIONS at CHEVRON OIL and GAS EXPLORATION,

widowed

FB contact : http://facebook.com/gorgesa

Sounds very similar to the other Hasso ( Michael ) Plattner, but even if it's not him, still watch out !

The more bastards we report, the better !!!! :oh-joy:
Last edited by detty on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#194883 by Almostbitten Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:25 pm
This cat also uses the name John Roddy from Dublin Ireland. Skype worked with me on verifying fraud and shutting down 3 of his accounts. I had 25+ fraudulent profiles pulled from dating sites. I'm having a hard time getting enough reports to have his Facebook pulled. If anyone would like to help report it that would be great.

https://www.facebook.com/john.roddy.1238
#194937 by began steele Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:06 am
Working on this Almostbitten and the scam chain in friends lists.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#195052 by flavott Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:40 pm
Hi, I´ve been receiving love letters through my facebbok; sound very similar to the ones you have posted. His name is Steve O´Brien Nichols, says he´s an independent contractor on an oil rig In Dubay. He says he has been there since November 2013 and will be there till March 28th ( this Friday) he´s asking for money; he says one of his drilling machines broke down and no one is able to help him :(

He also says he´s a widow and has a 5 years old daughter in Kent, UK in a boarding school. He says he´s from Manchester, his mom American, but was riased by his granmother in Madrid.

I would appreciate anyone sounds familiar??

Flavia
His facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/steve.nichols.90281?fref=ts
#195053 by Bryon Williams Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:53 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners flavott,

Yes, it is a scam. Typical scammer script. Oil rig, one child, moves around a lot and no parents. He is a business man and the only person that can help him is a total stranger he met by messaging strangers on skype or internet.

Willing to bet his wife died of cancer or motor vehicle accident.

ETA: Facebook photo is stolen and used for another scam. https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:A ... 3CQfoZHPew

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#195073 by began steele Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:34 am
Steve Nichols makes a huge error on his profile. He knows nothing about flying or aircraft. I won't educate you.
Owner:- JACK xxxxxx
DARLINGTON
DLx xDD
United Kingdom