Information on romance scams and scammers.
#133920 by ratt84 Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:45 am
tagged.com/uid=5977364824
James Haun c
Last Active: Online now!
Tagline: am sgt james haun c by name u.s army am seekig for a serious relationship.am a lovely and caring man.
Relationship Status: Single
Interested In: Dating, Serious Relationship
Languages: English
Ethnicity: Native American
Religion: Christian
Orientation: No Answer

Hello babe,am sgt jameshaun by name u.s army.I saw your picture at hi5.which was so beautiful,I was born and raised in california in los angele.am a widowed.I will appreciate if you can send me your yahoo messenger I.d for more interaction.or you can add me on messenger with is I.d [email protected] so much.I will be waiting for you reply.
Advertisement

#133923 by ratt84 Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:08 am
facebook.com/james.haun.921
James Haun
Studied at Baruch College
Lives in Los Angeles, California
Married to Tiziana ***
From Los Angeles, California

About James
Am sgt jameshaun by name,u.s army,49 yrs,a widowed,with one kid,am born and raised in california(los angeles)am a carin,lovely humble man,who is eager to ve a happy home.may God bless america

Favorite Quotations
Life is about change,live with passion don't let any one to fashion your design that ll make you to wake for dreaming a big dream.self confidence.to accomplished your goals
#133928 by ratt84 Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:23 am
okcupid.com/profile/sgtphillips
sgtphillips
48 / M / Straight / Single
Washington, District of Columbia

My self-summary
hi,am jerry phillips haun.am a US millitary personal and very god fearing person, i serve in the US army well and I love my country........have been married once but currently looking for someone to have a nice life with and settle down with,for the rest of my life..........so if you think you ready and up for the task,maybe you should message me and lets get to meet each other...and if you know you a scam,you don't bother mailing me,cause the very moment you start asking for money is the moment i get you deleted..thanks,..jerry haun

Job Military
Offspring Has kids

interkontakt.org/id=191178
Prénom Chris Alen
Age 46 ans
Pays Canada [Canada]
Ville Qebec

see also
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 91&t=45684
#157623 by bellabarkleysmama Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:13 pm
Can someone please tell me exactly what the scam was in this situation? I understand there are several accounts with this person's information out there but what is he doing?
#157625 by Dotti Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:57 pm
The person behind these accounts is an African romance scammer. The scammer has set up these profiles using stolen photos of a real soldier (who has nothing whatsoever to do with the scam--the scammer just took his photos off the internet). He then approaches women on dating and/or social networking sites, pretending to be the man in the photos searching for a long-term relationship.

If the woman responds favorably, he will then start regular communication via messages, email, chat, and/or telephone (in some cases - man scammers will avoid phone contact for fear the victim will question their stories based on their accents.) He will send lots of romantic messages, and will soon declare himself to be in love, and will start talking about a future together.

This is where the money will come in. If he thinks she has fallen in love, he will begin the process of stealing her money. He will invent a variety of situations that only his victim's money can fix.

Common scenarios for money requests include:
-He wants to talk to you so he can hear your voice, but you need to send him a phone or sign up for a satellite phone (with a "company" that conveniently wants to be paid via wire transfer.)
- He wants to visit you, but you need to apply for leave for him (in the real US military you would never apply for a soldier's leave - he has to do that himself.) Once leave is "approved" you will be instructed to send money for some kind of (fictional) fee.
-His kid is in trouble, or has a birthday coming up, and he can't accesss his money or credit cards (soldiers do have access to these things). So you need to send money/a playstation/whatever to the kid (again an unconnected person whose photos have been stolen.)
-He wants to retire early so he can come live with you, but that requires--you guessed it--your money!

There are other scenarios--these are just examples--and if you do pay once, he will move on to a n new scenario and another money reuqest.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#157639 by bellabarkleysmama Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:25 pm
THANK YOU DOTTIE!!!

It does make you feel awful to know this has happened to you. And I feel bad for the guy that is in the pics. I am sure it makes his life difficult. I wish there was a way to let this guy know it is happening and I hate the people that prey on these innocent men who are defending our freedoms. :evil:

thanks!!!
#168430 by Spook Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:48 am
http://us1.badoo.com/01243000495/
Baker 43, Oklahoma City,
About me
I promise to always love that special someone and always hold her in my heart. I will always be there for her when she need me, and I will love her no matter what life brings us. lol haha
Interested in
Clearly like me your here to try and meet a special someone and have a good life. ME TOO. It's just that I have so little and would like so much from a good woman. I have never been a womanizer in any way and am really a bit quiet and shy away from a lot of things others consider norm. I'm not adventurous on the bungs jumping type side but will gladly go for a quiet time, red wine, a beach, a … sunset. You get the picture? can we see where we might fit in?

[email protected]