Information on romance scams and scammers.
#133946 by vicky Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:55 am
I met a guy who is called Captain David three months ago.
He told me he is a captain in US Army.
He asked me me to marry him very soon.
I though I was getting crazy because I did trust him.
He told me he found a large of money in Afghanistan,
and transfer the money in a bank in Malaysia.
He asked me to be the beneficiary of the fund.
Then stared to asked me yo transfer money for his son living in London.
He also asked me to pay his mortgage loan for him.
After sending money several times via western union,
I found I was scammed by 419 group.
I stared to ignore his mail, but he mailed me
wants me to respond his mail.
If I still ignore his mail he threat me he has my details and my passport,
and said he can trace me if I took his money.
I need some advice about the next step.
Advertisement

#133950 by Dotti Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:17 pm
Continue to ignore him. Better yet, block his email address entirely.

The threats are typical scammer lies. You have not stolen any money. He is the one who has committed a crime, and he has nothing to report you for.

If you respond, he knows he still has some power over you, and he will continue to harass and threaten you, which is definitely not what you want.

While he can't travel anywhere using your passport, it is possible he will try to scam others using your name, so it is best to file a report of his crime with your local authorities and ask them whether there are any other steps you should take. In most countries, a copy of a passport is not enough to do any real harm, but it is always best to report it.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#134545 by vicky Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:51 am
From scammer
My darling, My love,
How are you today ? I am really worried about you , I cant just understand you any more , Honestly you really hurt my feelings toward you , You should know i love you with all my heart, Look at how you are treating me , I am not happy with my self here , You made me feel sorry for my self, I never expected you will do this to me.My dear, It is very obvious that you do not want me , If at all that you are in China they should have internet over there , I am really disappointed right now, I wrote you many mails and my son Gibson sent you an email also no response , You really put me into shame and i do not like it in any way.My darling, I am going out of my way , You should remember we have a transaction with the bank and you choose to ignore all we had at hand , I am not happy with your silence to me , Kindly reply to this very email as soon as you can , I miss you darling and i love you with all my heart.
Yours Lover
#135791 by ajcamp47 Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:09 pm
he is now going by Jed (Jes) lawrence adams. same pictures and still trying to pick up single women on facebook. he contacted me 3 days ago. Said he was single dad with 6 year old son that lives with his grandma in west africa while he is in afganistan. My gut instinct was right on the money. His wife supposidly died in car crash 5 years ago. talked for a while on the internet. I do have the number he calls from on the phone. gave him my number so that i could caller I.d. him and then changed my number. 011-234-703-186-2458. he called my phone and that came up with his name on it. He has been very busy the last few days on facebook.
#135821 by Bubbles Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:15 am
Welcome to ScamWarners ajcamp47 please post up the email address that is currently being used.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#135903 by ratt84 Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:50 pm
facebook.com/adams.walters.54
Jed Lawrence Adams (Jes Lawrence)
Jed Lawrence Adams
Lives in Clifton, New Jersey
From Clifton, New Jersey
Male

About Jed
I am a romantic, creative and smart man with temperament and a good sense of humor. My Hobbies: music, sport, traveling and different cultures. I like to be active but also I like to sit at a romantic place with good music. I am optimistic, self-confident and independent. Also I am serious, honest and not married. I like to go out sometimes in jeans and sporty and sometimes elegant and style. It defense of my mood and what I am doing.but I miss in my life a trustful and happy relationship filled with much love.

Family
Son stevens
Grandmother erika