Information on romance scams and scammers.
#2801 by Pinky Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:05 am
[email protected]

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =291755550

Claims to be from Colorado Springs but knows nothing about it (my son lives there).

The picture he's using is stolen from Focus Agency Hawaii, model name is James Bill.

http://focusagencyhawaii.com/view_male_models.htm

He romances and rushes his victims into a relationship, claiming to be in Nigeria for a contract and promises to come to meet you soon. He just needs to get paid by his client. Then he gets in a terrible accident and his doctor emails (from his yahoo account) with grammar school English skills and says he needs the bill paid - by Western Union.

I am sure he has other stupid stories, too. Don't fall for any of it. This guy is a SCAMMER!

Anything is possible!
Advertisement

#2804 by sheboppe Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:34 am
Hi Pinky,

Thanks for posting this. Please feel free to post the scammer's email addresses also. Google with cache them, and other potential victims can find them.

#2806 by Ralph Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:31 am
Thanks for posting Pinky

If I may add, the first few emails sent to you were most likely ready scripted replies, often scammers will use a variety of email addresses and they will often change them for no apparent reason.

The script however, changes less often.

For this reason it may also be helpful if you were to post the first few emails to you as well as his phone number if you have it.

By doing this it makes more potential hits when people start to do a search.

A little known tip for finding proof of a scammer is to do a search on not only his name and email address but also on unusual lines of the script.

For example, do an exact search on this "i like going to beaches in my bikinin" you will see many hits on that which are by the same group of scammers, the script will go on "movies shows,musical concerts and sometime go for dinner and taste a little coffe from a small window"

Now that you have an idea of what can be picked up you will see how it can be helpfull to post the emails, especially the earlier ones.

If you are posting any details on any website please ensure that you remove any personnal references to your self.

#2821 by Underwater Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:11 pm
Also, thanks for posting that link to the models site! I took a quick scroll through there, and found several pictures that have been sent to me by various scammers over the past year - not just love scammers, but all other types of scammers. One pic of a man has been sent to me about a dozen times by different scammers claiming to be him! I've always wondered where they got the pic - now I know. So thanks for clearing that up for me! :)