Information on romance scams and scammers.
#69177 by ifonlyIknew Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:06 pm
omg, Nelle I met him on the 6th of August....and I talked to him since yesterday...he told me the same things he told you...I'm so sorry that it happened to you too I hope you are feeling better now. I know what you mean by telling everyone that you like him, I still haven't told nobody what really happened but I will, the hard part will be ...when I tell my parents.
Advertisement

#70996 by libbyanne Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:18 am
Hi my name is Liz from Brisbane Australia on the 9th August 2011 I was contacted by one James Edwards via Facebook.
After a few days of corresponding for a few day this way he then asked if I had yahoo messenger and I said yes and he
advied that this would be easier for him as he would be able to have a better conversation this way.
which we did then after of month of talking and getting to know each other he advised that he would like to met me
but I would have to request his leave and gave me all the information to apply for his leave. In the mean time I received
the following email from supposeably from FROM DESK OF LT.COL ROBERT GONZ ; PHASE 2,KABUL COMPOUND
AFGHANISTAN.

THIS OFFICE WILL LIKE TO NOTIFY YOU THAT THE MILITARY PROTOCOL OFFICE IS
GIVEN THE ACQUISITION TO MONITOR EVERY EMAIL CONTACTS WITH EVERY OF THE
CODE 216 OFFICERS.WE ARE USING THIS MEDIUM TO INFORM YOU THAT EVERY INFORMATION
IS MONITORED.TROOP 109 BSA NATIONAL FOR SENIOR SARGE JAMES EDWARDS IS NOTED.

SIGNED

COM.ROBERTS GONZ
After I received this email and I believed that it was all above board and that I had indeed found true love. He had it all he spoke of all the
things that I wanted to hear and swept me off my feet. I applied for his leave and I received and email from Optimal Leave and forms to fillin I filled them
in and paid the processing fee requested of USD1650 which IU thought at the time strange, but paid it as this is America not Australia and just because
we donot have a processing fee when requesting leave the US may so I sent the money via Western Union to NAME : SUSANNA RAMIREZ; CITY :WALLA WALLA
STATE:WASHINGTON; COUNTRY :USA; ZIP CODE:99362; ....I then received a email advised that they had received the payment and that I would
be advised when the leave was approved which I did and the below is the email which I received .
To: Personal information deleted. ~Bubbles
Sent: Saturday, 15 October 2011 3:17 AM
Subject: LEAVE APPROVAL

THE PROCESSING OF S.SGT JAMES EDWARD'S LEAVE REQUEST AFTER WHICH WE'VE DONE ALL NECESSARY
WORK ON ITS APPROVAL.WE ARE GLAD TO INFORM YOU THAT THE LEAVE HAS BEEN APPROVED
AND THIS YOU CAN FIND IN THE ATTACHMENT ON THIS MESSAGE. YOU ARE EXPECTED TO PAY THE SAID FEE
TO THE DETAILS BELOW.

DETAILS OF PAYMENT

NAME : SUSANNA RAMIREZ
CITY :WALLA WALLA
STATE:WASHINGTON
ZIP CODE:99362

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected].

THANKS.

SIGNED.

along with attachment advising that once the fee of USD2770 for International Travel Stamps he would be at his destination with 72 hours of notification of the payment.I was on my way to the bank to when my friend rang and told me that she was on the Tagged site and scanning throught photos and came across photos of the man with whom I had been corresponding to on there but under the Profiles of the following

James Edwards 44 FROM NORCROSS GA, Edwards Wagner 50 FROM WINTER HAVEN FL, Edwards Wagner 40 FROM WINTER HAVEN FL,

Edwards Wagner 46 FROM OZAWKIE KS; Edwards Wagner 48 FROM COLUMBIA SC; FREY EDWARDS 58 NY
FREY EDWARDS 54 OF PROVO. and Edwards Roberto 48 .....

Can you please advised if you have heard anything on this man as I would like to know one way or the other because I do not want to be scammed out of any more of my money.

Thank you Liz
#70998 by Helen Halper Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:34 am
Welcome to Scamwarners, Liz!
Yes, this is definitely a scammer that you are dealing with. There is no doubt.
Please read this for more info on the military leave scam: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6528

#71002 by libbyanne Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:18 am
Thank you for your help is there any where to go to report him and his activies I am such a fool, I should have question it all but, all the documents seemed so real. thats why I sent the money. Ah well at lest I know now that it was all a dream, and not real....
#71005 by began steele Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:09 am
I am sorry you have lost your money libby. It will help if we have the tagged url/links. I place such here if I can. I try to collect as many email addresses as possible that are used by this type of scammer and parts of profile text too.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#71055 by libbyanne Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:32 pm
There are few one is [email protected] , [email protected], [email protected] & [email protected]

Tagged ID's are as follows
Marc Curry - is Curry Marc
Marc Nelson - does not have a profile but plays the part of his Marc Curry's CO.
Wagner Edwards is Edwards W and has multi under this with different ages
Frey Edwards has two under this name
James Edwards - 1 on face book

Thanks
Liz
#71125 by libbyanne Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:01 am
Edwards .W : Frey Ewdards & James Edwards

Photo used by Edwards . W. - URL=http://scamwarners.com/main/]Image[/URL]

Photo used by James Edwards:- URL=http://scamwarners.com/main/]Image[/URL]

FREY EDWARDS - URL=http://scamwarners.com/main/v.php?id=20111018024827_800406hFCMP1.jpg]Image[/URL]
#71209 by libbyanne Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:04 pm
hey are the photos of the person who says he is toes people and on all his profiles he used all of these photos
and a lot more of him at his army camp, cooking a BBQ and his quaters, having a haircut, there is just too many to put up on here, but each and every profile has these photos and he sent these and many more to me via mail.
Liz
#71229 by Bubbles Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:02 am
Liz, what Arnold is saying is the scammer stole / lifted those photos from a real person to use in the scam. The photos are not the actual person you have been communicating with.

Everything scammers do and say is a lie. The photos are part of the lie, but are used to persuade you to fall for the lie and send money. Money is all they are after. Not a friendship, not a relationship, not a marriage. Just money and they lie to get it from their victims.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#71233 by began steele Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:48 am
On the matter of Photos. You can save a pic to desktop on your computer and on Google , see what tools it has and one is image search. You can drag image from desktop or from a profile pic to the box and search for it. Negative results are not an indication of innocence, more that Google hasn't found it or they havn't been caught scamming before.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#78821 by AlanJones Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:32 am
Here are a couple more pictures used by the scammer calling himself SGT.BARRY HUNT [email protected]

He also uses the following details for Western Union transfers, which are provided using the email address [email protected].

Pickers name : Babatola James
City; Ado Ekiti
Postal Code: 0234

And here are some of the emails that he sends:
Dear Baby,

Since the day we met, I've grown so deeply in love with you. Day by day, my love for
you becomes so overwhelming till I can't handle it when I don't see or talk to you for
even one day! You make me feel wonderful. You give me strength when I just can't carry
on. You make me smile and laugh a lot and I truly treasure that.

You are the most wonderful thing that has EVER happened to me. I thought that I would
never find a love that is as strong as yours before. But now that we've found each other,
I've changed my mind. You are the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, the
person I want to get married to, the person I want to have kids with, and the person
whom I want to grow old with. Baby, you complete me. You make my life so brilliant
and I don't know how else to repay you but to love, care and support you more and
more. You're the star in my sky - the one and only star. You make me feel beautiful, very
beautiful. Thank you for giving me your all.

I can never imagine how it would be like if we were to lose each other. I don't even want
to think of it, Baby. All I want to think of is you. You are the love of my life. May God
bless your beautiful soul. From the bottom of my heart, I love you.

dear xxx
Though the miles separate us, the bond we have is far stronger. You are the very one
I have spent all these years looking for. You make me smile. You make me laugh. You
make me whole. I can not describe the giddy feeling I have when you are near or even
when you cross my mind. I am so amazingly happy and content and forever I want to
spend in your life, in your world, in your family, and in your arms.

Love always,

hey dear,

you are my angel and promise to love you till the end of time. we have vowed to
love each other for better for worse.. I will love you in joy or in pains, rich or poor..i
will always have your back no matter the situation of the condition on the way to our
destination, you are always my on my mind.

Baby, strike a word, add a word and let our budding dreams take flight, Remember, the
heart of dreams inside us brought on by flight of fancy within our waiting souls.

Since after i confession to you that i want you to be my and wife, I now spend countless
hours thinking only of you, imagining our future together in perfect hapiness. with this
i'm sure there is no limit to what we can achieve if we wish...All we need, is to have the
courage and will to live it.

With you by my side;on each others heart and right at the back of each other... We will
achieve whatever our heart desire.
love you so much xxx....

Hey Dearie,

It's the end of the day and I was thinking about you, as usual. I want you to know
how much I sincerely love the times we've spent talking. It means so much to me. It
truly seems like I've known you forever and I honestly can't imagine life without you
now. There will be no looking back, no second thoughts and no regrets. I want you
and need only you ... and that love will only grow stronger. Do not be scared my love.
Sometimes life hits you with unexpected things that take you totally by surprise. All I can
say is you're the best surprise life has given me and your capacity for love, caring, and
understanding never ceases to amaze me. I've truly been blessed by finding you and I'll
never let you go even if the world tells me too...i love you my baby...

your,s faithfully.

hey xxx love,
What further words can describe what we have together? For our love to grow as it has
this past year, I took with every beat of my heart. Words can no longer describe it, but
rather in feeling and emotion of what we have for each other. You have always had the
key to my heart, and you inside my heart has made me more than I can ever be. Though
the sea separates us till that special day, I know we take each breath with every beat,
and always together ... as one. I love you with all that I am.

Love always,
Barry.

Me finding you, chatting online, confessing my love to you and then it happens all over
again. The feelings that I’ve felt for you all along begin to resurface. Only this time, I am
free to act on them without fear of upsetting anyone.

Thank you, xxx. What more can a man say to the woman who opened her heart to me,
allowing me to feel the warmth of her love across the great distance that separates us?
You truly have no idea what I feel for you.

I try to put this feeling into words, but fail miserably. This feeling of being both scared
and at peace, of having both butterflies and a sense of calm, is a feeling that I have only
dreamed about. As the days continue to pass, my love for you continues to grow. I never
thought I had the capacity to love anybody as much as I love you right now. Yet, my love
for you continues to mature, growing beyond the realm of my heart. It seems that you
have become the fiber of my soul, the very reason for my existence.

I have no other words to describe the way you make me feel. No words, no actions could
even come close. I believe that Ronald Regan said it best to Nancy in a letter, telling her
only that, "I more than love you". Their love was a strong love, surviving everything,
even death. I believe that even after his passing, Nancy felt Ronald's love for her raining
down upon her. That is why she has always seemed at peace after the death of such a
truly loving husband. That is the love that I feel for you.

your,s forever....

Sgt. Barry

Hi xxx. You're always lighting up my heart with the things you do and say. I feel
so happy just being with you this way. You're my baby, and will forever be my baby.
You will always be the love of my life, and please never give up, always have faith in
yourself and you will gain the greatest gift of all, the gift of hope and love you righteously
deserve. Every time I think of you my heart misses a beat. You're my theme or a dream!
Every moment we share together we grow closer...

I love you with all that I am, all that I was and all that I will ever be. Please know that
my love and I are inseparable and I would want it no other way and if time could express
my love for you then it's forever and a day. I can't wait to be with you, see your smile,
look in your eyes, feel your sweet touch, hear your perfect words and kiss your perfect
lips. The way I feel about you some people call crazy, some call it insane, but I call it true
love. I really love you.

Love always,
Barry...

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#81352 by grenouillette Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:05 pm
Risa wrote:Dear all, please help me!!
Actually this is not new topics because someone named Debbie ever posted the similar cases with title "US ARMY LEAVE SCAM - AFGHANISTAN". But let me tell me what is happening to me.
I have received request from a Sgt Harrison Stone (SSN 32006) in the US Army in Afghanistan to ask for a leave permit to meet him. I send the request to [email protected] and i have got confirmation on behalf of General Benjamin Hanks, Leave Permit Processing Dept., New York, New York, United States.

In the leave request form, they are asking for $ 880.00 (processing fee) to be paid so his leave will be granted. That fee should be send to the financial secretary to the below address:
NAME : SHEILA FERRYMAN
CITY : SPRINGFIELD
STATE : OHIO
ZIP : 45501-0271

Sgt Harrison Stone has an email address [email protected]. We have been corresponding via yahoo messenger.

Please.....please help me because I don't know anything about US Army because I am not American. Am i being scammed?? Harrison Stone also never never asked me for money.
Dear Debbie, if you read my messages, please let me know what should I do??
I am waiting the reply as soon as possible. Thank you.

Dear Risa,
Have we been duped by the same Sergeant STONE? Do you have pictures of this person? I will not be surprised to see the same head as the person with whom I talk now. I hope to hear from you ... Regards ...
#81362 by Bubbles Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:37 pm
Hello grenouillette,

The person in the photo is not the person who is writing to you. Scammers NEVER use their real photo. Scammers NEVER tell the truth. Scammers only want money from the people the communicate with. Their sole purpose is to steal your money.

It helps to have the email address as that is something the scammer has to use. They can change photos almost instantly, but they need an working email address to accomplish their scams.

It is best to stop communicating with the scammer. Nothing good will come from being in contact with them. More information found here: viewtopic.php?p=81364#p81364

La personne sur la photo n'est pas la personne qui vous écrit. Les escrocs n'utilisent jamais leur vraie photo. Les escrocs ne disent jamais la vérité. Les escrocs veulent seulement l'argent du peuple de la communiquer. Leur seul but est de voler votre argent.

Elle aide à avoir l'adresse mail que c'est quelque chose que l'escroc a à utiliser. Ils peuvent changer presque instantanément des photos, mais ils ont besoin d'une adresse email valide pour accomplir leurs escroqueries.

Il est préférable de cesser de communiquer avec l'escroc. Rien de bon ne sortira d'être en contact avec eux. Plus d'informations trouvées ici: viewtopic.php?p=81364#p81364

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.