Information on romance scams and scammers.
#296354 by Tim Atem Fri May 27, 2016 10:10 am
It is a scam and he is a liar. Military members do not pay for their leave and there are no troops stationed in Nigeria.

Please post his emails with your personal information removed.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
Advertisement

#296357 by AlanJones Fri May 27, 2016 10:17 am
Never send money to anyone that you meet on the Internet. It is a guaranteed scam.

Soldiers do not pay for leave.

Please post the email addresses that the scammer is using as other victims may be searching for them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#299345 by Denise77 Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:58 am
Hi to all,
I want to give a new email that one from the chat gave me to request for him ''Reguest for leave permit''
He gave that email: [email protected]
He olso want me to send money for him,because he has a problem with the food that they give to them.To can buy a food:)))
Ok I did't caught.
I think that they take the pictures from the soldiers.
The scammer make female profile and pretending to be a girl.He has several pictures of a beautiful girl and he sends them.and asking for photos of soldiers.
I understood that so far
But still I am hoping That will find the love:)))
Last edited by Denise77 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
#299348 by Tim Atem Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:24 am
Yes, please post any phone numbers and emails you have for him. Also post the emails with your personal information removed, especially those requesting money, .

#300009 by boeserfrosch81 Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:28 pm
Hello!

I busted a guy on Facebook today! His Fake Name is Marshall Eugene. We talked a few days and he claimed to be widowd with two kids. He sent me photos of him and his kids. He send me emails from this Adress: [email protected]
Today he asked me to mail to this adress: [email protected] and file in for a request for leave! Something was very wrong. I checked google and found your website! I was shocked!! I copied the link of your website to him. His profile was deleted right after i posted the link. I hope this will help to catch this guy!
#300011 by Bryon Williams Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:48 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

We ask that people do not inform scammers that they are posted here nor any other anti scam site.

We try to help potential victims from becoming paying victims.

As you can see he deleted his profile after you sent the link.

He will take 10 minutes out of his life and get a new fake name, email addresses and FB account.

Your warning will not help future victims. Any post on this scammer is now useless.

We will find him again when a potential victim or even worse a paying victim reports him here.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#300108 by Awesome Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:14 am
Also, most military personnel won't have an email that has their name as the address, and definitely won't put their rank in their address. Cause that's just bad OPSEC, and they would most likely get in trouble for it. Hope this helps.
#300109 by Bryon Williams Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:16 am
They would not use a free email address.

Names mixed with initials or full names is normal.

Is is not an OpSec issue. Nor a ComSec issue.

Email needs to end with .mil Check the headers to make sure the scammer is not forging it. Sometimes the scammer will make his "from line" look like a .mil address. You will want to see the from/reply in the header.

Ex: itsmeat.sw @us.army.mil

If he gives you a real .mil address write to it and see if you get a reply.

Never send money to someone you never met face to face in person.

Do not receive money or packages for someone you never met face to face in person.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#300709 by Jenns Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:47 am
I have just received this email today, i think is also a scam as below :

Dave Hawkins <[email protected]>
To xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Today at 15:01
To who it maybe concern!

Dear Sir/Madam.

I am Jxxxxxxx , am from Singapore, i am writing on behalf of 2nd lieutenant Dave Hawkins, recruitment code number: US4658TR, who has been deployed for peace keeping mission in Syria and we have been in a relationship for long and i want him to come over to Singapore for six (6) months vacation leave, so that he can meet with me and my family and do the proper planning of our marriage.
I implore the high commissioner to kindly grant my leave request positively.
Thank you for your consideration.

Yours sincerely.
xxxxxxxxxx

Send the application letter to this email address:
[email protected]
#300724 by Tim Atem Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:31 am
It is a scam - only the military member themselves can request their leave and it certainly wouldn't be through a free email address like usa.com

Cease all communication with him and do not tell him anything. Let him think you just feel off the face of the Earth.

#301138 by KitKat1980 Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:08 am
Hi, I am from Europe, and I have already met a few person saying they are US Army stationed in Nigeria or Syria, bur when ever I ask for a picture they have an excuse why they can't send me one. the one I am talkin to now just gave me this email [email protected]
that made me more suspicious than I was before. Shouldn't that be gov.com or something?

he asked me to write a letter to that account telling that I want to be his legal wife or something like that and then write a new one asking for his leave.
Not gonna do that but maybe you can do something with that email.
If you need names I can give you some.
#301144 by Mike Wilson Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:46 am
Hello KitKat1980,
i am happy to hear that you saw the scam before investing any more time with this lying scammer. Please post the contents of the email that ask you to write the letter. Please include the names and all contact information used by this scammer.
Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#301245 by txcb26 Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:38 pm
I knew there was something sketchy about Micheal Gibson - Kik: gibsonmicheal wechat: sgtmich777 okcupid screen name: mickygllb .. He reached out to me on OK Cupid (online dating site) and started off with the usual questions.. when I brought up the question about eventually meeting each other.. then he brought up how I would have to request for a leave if I would accept him as his fiancee, and how it cost money to do so.$400 to be exact, at that point I had so many questions and he answered them but I wasn't convinced they were right. I have a few friends in the military so I asked one of them if this was regular procedures and he said NO absolutely NOT! He told me to not send anything no matter what he said. So I told Sgt Gibson that I didn't feel comfortable with the situation and that I thought we should end it. end what I wasn't sure b/c we had only been talking for less that 24 hours and then he started to beg me to not leave him.. b/c I was just the kind of woman he wanted and needed in his life. blah blah blah.. so long sgt gibson...

So trust your gut people don't send people anything if you don't know them!!!!
#301394 by alberta 74 Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:39 am
to txcd26 :=) great you did not send any money. that one was very quick to ask for money. i´ve seen it they´re first building up a "relationship". :?
defenitely a scam! :wink: