Information on romance scams and scammers.
#105724 by Grunt Thu May 31, 2012 10:43 am
Hello xxx,

I am sorry for the delays in response. How are you doing? as regard your email, you got the email address right.will be sending you some recent pics later ,i guess that will be ok for now. How long have you been out searching for your real love. This is who i am am and what i really want in a woman.

I am looking for a someone that would understand me ,be able to Love me and respect me ,someone that's drama free ..likes the little things in Life .knows how to Laugh ,how to have a good time ,someone who is romantic ,sweet ,has a good heart...someone that i would kiss in the middle of the night and would say to me i love you ,someone that i would share my pains with and heart.she holds me when I start to cry..makes me smile with just her eyes.. shares my hopes, dreams, and fears. wipes away all my tears. I love her without regret. I just haven't found her yet.someone that would mean this much To me waking up and she’s on my mind. you’re in love.You see her and can’t help but smile.Think of her for miles and miles.Weak in the knees when she comes through.You know her eyes see right through you.You don’t care what people say.You want to be with her all day.Seeing her you can’t get enough.And you can see that you’re in love. I once had a heart and it was true but now it's gone from me to you so take care of it as I have done because now you have two and I have none. my heart is what i am looking for.i am Looking the special one woman i can cater To .take care of .Love for Life forever .Someone i would love without doubts ,someone that i would be able to wake up with in the morning and dedicate each passing day we wake up together To ,someone i can admire ,someone that would aspire me to be better.Some that would be up for the challenges of a Life Time together with ..Someone that would assure me that without me she is nothing and me also re-assuring her that without her my life is purposeless..... I guess my profile will tell much more better of me.Hope to hear from you.

Chris.

X-Originating-IP: [69.31.103.86]
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012
IP: 69.31.103.86
ISP: nLayer Communications
Organization: GIGLINX
Services: Suspected network sharing device
State/Region: California
City: Torrance
Advertisement

#117950 by jeri Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:17 am
Here are the e-mails I received. Imagine his or her surprise when I stated that I know what he/she was doing!
ATTENTION: Jerixxx xxxxxxxx

You are recieving this email in response to your leave request for (captain. john willoughby), of the United States Infantry Army, HB UNIT: 5TH STRIKER BRIGADE, 2ND INFANTRY DIVISION, CODE: F 7387-3647/ADMIN/17WSHLER-HB6UT4-GCNG; COUNTRY: Kabul province AFGHANISTAN.
This process requires you to fill the LEAVE DOCUMENT form which is attached to this email, you are required to download the attached Document, print it , provide the required information, mark the check box below to certify that the information provided is correct and sign it. You are to scan the completed form and send it back via this email address.

After this is done, we can proceed with the remaining process. Thanks for your anticipation.

Yours faithfully,

LT.COL STULTZ C.JACK.

this had an attachment of a photo of paperwork (a very simple form) not something the government would ever send out.

then next e-mail was this
FROM THE DESK OF THE COMMANDANT- IN-CHIEF OF THE USA INFANTRY ARMY, KABUL PROVINCE, AFGHANISTAN.

Hello Madam,

We are glad to have recieved your information being filled on the leave request document, processing has begin Immediately on it. Well madam you are now required to open the document being attached to this email, read the information carefully and proceed with the payment of 695 USD, which is the speculated amount on the Document. You are to pay it through Western Union Money Transfer to our financial agent address stated below:

NAME- CYNTHIA M. REINERT
ADDRESS- 700 ST. PHILLIPS.
CITY- FARRAGUT
STATE- IOWA
COUNTRY- UNITED STATES
ZIP- 51639

Yours faithfully,

LT.COL STULTZ C.JACK.

this had another attachment wanting you to fill it out and send the money of $600 odd dollars.

I am sure they have 100/s of e-mail addressed so if it is not official from the military (they will never ask for money) and you cannot verify it through your local military office then it is not real.
Last edited by Bubbles on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Quotations added for clarity.
#119275 by yekia Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:45 pm
my sister just lost everything she had her house, car, and kids because of a online military scam this guy was telling her he is from Afghanistan and is was coming to visit her every since thanksgiving and she haven't seen him yet she sends him money through western union and moneygram she also signed a request for leave permit form
he goes by the name Doug green.
#119547 by ladytee123 Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:57 pm
Hello I came in contact with a Online Military Scam stated that he is in Afghanistan had been talking to him for 3 weeks on yahoo messenger. He was telling me i love u babe and i need to be with you but my leave is not up until December of 2013. Stated that he can come home if me his fiance will request his leave, So I said how do you do that? He said babe you will need to write a letter asking for my leave. After that they will email u the forms fill them out and send them to this [email protected] it will cost 3500.00 for each month that u request because they will have to get a replacement officer. And the money will be refunded in 3 days. So if that is 6mons it will be 3500 times the six mons. I Just will like to let everone know these guys pop on these dating website talking to you for weeks then will ask you to start talking to them on yahoo messenger at [email protected]. They going to talk so sweet and so good telling u they love you a thousand and one time everyday saying they will love to be with you but they leave is not up until another year. If you have Kids that will ask how are the kids doing ? They will ask how was your day? they will just say anything sweet to try and wheel u in. I told him Why you didnt come home when the other solider came home. He said because he was single but he has a fiance now so he can come home. Please Do Not Fall For Any of It the pictures of them looking like they are in the Military I Want to Save anybody who is talking to one of them..Thank God it didnt fall for it,
It sound to Fishy for me when u need somebody to Pay for you to Leave the MIlitary....... Here is one of the letters from Him.

To: >
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2012 10:19 PM
Subject: babe!!!

hello darling,how u doing ? babe is been difficult for us to get to chat,i don't know whats wrong with me..i think i miss u so much and my soul desire to meet u..babe i wanna know how many months leave u want to request for because each month goes for 3500.00 USD.we really need to chat babe please come on let talk about it ok ....i miss u so much babe,i hope u doing pretty well ?

HERE ARE THE PICTURE THAT THE SCAMMER USED.

http://scamwarners.com/main//guestuploa ... dele66.jpg

http://scamwarners.com/main//guestuploa ... rused1.jpg
Last edited by ladytee123 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
#119591 by Bubbles Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:20 am
Welcome to ScamWarners ladytee123 and congratulations for recognizing the scam. You are totally correct, it is a scam. Thank you for posting this up for others to see or learn from. This is what makes our site work.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#119643 by Grunt Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:44 am
tagged.com
Jim J
oh my God am so lonely 7 days ago
Last Active: 19 hours ago
Orientation: Straight

facebook.com/jim.jerseley
Jim Jerseley
Male
#120102 by Plaing nice Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:55 am
Hey guys and girls my friend has being scammed or appears to have being scammed by an early set of details these guys were using

If their is any old photos that I can be offered a link to review them that would great as I am conducting some
Investigations of my own b4 passing up my chain to some federal police

Many regards
#123386 by wyldcatt Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:38 am
I have been in contact with someone claiming to be in Afghanistan with the army says he wants to meet me and i needed to send the request to " [email protected]", I believe this to be a scam any help would be appreciated, now he is telling me that in order for him to get here i have to pay ....this is what he has told me.....most times transit are granted based on the request of a spouse ,which implies that all bills will be footed by the spouse or the person requesting for such trasit of an officer..the bill is just a sum to guarantee that ,the officer will actually be going to the predetermine destination..and the sum will be arranged logistics such as ticket and likes,i will be made to execute certain document immediately i get home ...when it's approved the authorities will request for you acct or mine to pay my entitlement the sum used as guarantee earlier to you, so now i am sure this is a scam has anyone heard of this website for requesting military leave
#123388 by Dotti Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:22 am
It's a total scam.

There is no such thing as transit leave, or a transit leave fee, or replacement officer fee. These are all inventions of African scammers.

In reality, a soldier must request leave for himself. Someone from outside the army does not and cannot request leave for him. Outside people (civilians) do not participate in the leave process in any way (or phone, or anything else for that matter). Leave is like vacation. It is earned based on time served, and it does not cost anything. Sometimes scammers claim this is a new policy, created because soldiers weren't coming back when they weren't supposed to. There will never be a policy like this, as it goes against the basic principles of the US military--and soldiers don't just ignore return dates--a soldier who failed to return to duty when he was supposed to would be located and arrested!

The US military does not have email addresses at instruction.com. All official military addresses end in .mil

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#123391 by wyldcatt Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:07 pm
is there anyway to verify someones affliliation with the us army, or to track where email are being sent from, i have asked for him to email me his address there to send a care package what would the address look like as in anything to determine its a true military address from a deployed soldier
#123395 by Dotti Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:34 pm
There is absolutely NO doubt.

He is not in any way affiliated with the US army. He is an African scammer.

The whole "request leave for me" story is an invention of African scammers. It is used solely by African scammers who are pretending to be American or British soldiers. In fact, the moment a "soldier" asks you to request leave, set up a satellite phone so he can talk to you, or apply to the US military for anything else you can be absolutely certain that you are talking to an African scammer who has simply stolen photos of a soldier from the internet, because these are scripts of African scammers.

The US military is very much a self-contained organization. They even have their own police and justice system! In reality, even a wife cannot request leave. In fact, a wife only has interaction with specific departments who deal with family issues. Privacy rules would prevent the real US military from sharing any information about a soldier with you, because as far as the military is concerned, an online romance is nothing more than a penpal. You would also be entitled to NO benefits of any kind.

With that said, if you could post the name and email address the scammer is using, as well as some of his emails (most of these will be scripts that he has sent to dozens of other women he is also trying to scam) it could help others to avoid being scammed.

The truth is, greater than 99% of the "deployed soldiers" on dating sites are actually African scammers posing as soldiers. Contrary to the scammers pretending to be them, real soldiers are actually quite busy, and do not have hours to spend on a computer or blackberry chat every day with strangers. They are rarely, if ever, active on dating sites. They typically want to spend what communication time they do have keeping in touch with their loved ones back home.

With that said, for future “soldiers” who contact you: If the writer is not using gmail, and is not using a proxy, you can get a location by copying the FULL headers and pasting it into something like iptrackeronline: http://www.iptrackeronline.com/email-header-analysis.php

Also, every soldier is given an official email address that has their name ends in .mil
A real soldier would be able to give you his address. You could send him an email, and he could reply. Scammers can’t do this, so they will always have an excuse why. Some will claim that they are prohibited from using the email for personal business, or security reasons, or just that it is not working. These are all lies. The US military makes sure those addresses are always working and they are allowed to use them. Some will give you a made-up address, but if you can’t send them an email, and they can’t answer it, they are lying.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#123408 by wyldcatt Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:32 pm
Here is the first email i got from him
Hello pretty how are you and how is your day going,My name is Glen A military hard working man,with a lovely daughter.I am a reserved person. Not a flashy person, but enjoy looking good and it is nice to read your profile on speed-dating i was totally attracted to your Profile,and sincerely you are so picky...I would really LOVE to know you more and here is my email and my cell# (419) 862-5412,You can always text me...I will wait to hear from you pretty...that's my picture below..

what should have tipped me off was ive never been on a dating site called speed_dating, but i got suckered in and suckered out of $200, now he wants me to send more to "top off his cell phone and the newest is he wants to come see me but i need to pay for him to do so, well hes in for a big surprise when he will be expecting it and doesn't get it, ugh feel so stupid for falling for this, but i wont fall for it again
#123411 by wyldcatt Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:40 pm
ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:Header Analysis Quick Report<br>Originating IP: 23.19.172.119<br>Originating ISP: Ubiquity Server Solutions Dallas<br> City: Dallas<br>Country of Origin: United States<br>* For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline

this is what i get when i analyze the email header, so is this coming from dallas?