Information on romance scams and scammers.
#256179 by rose presillas Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:59 am
I was chatting with someone who introduced himself as a US Army and has been deployed at Nigeria since December 2014. He even sent me his military I.D and photos wearing a military uniform and even recieving an award saying his rank has been promoted to SSgt.
To make the story short.. We have been changing of photos and even my personal information to each other. He said he wants to come to my country and marry me. But for him to come here i have to make an email to Captain William. To request for his vacation to meet me. Then I recieved a reply from his Captain saying they are granting my wish but for them to process the papers i have to send them $500 through moneygram.
I was kind of depressed because i can sense it already that i was being scammed. So the following day i confronted him. He got angry then.. because i even asked his AKO account in which he cannot provide it. Then he started threatening me and said he has the picture of my kids and i will expect it after a week that something bad will happen to them.
Please im asking for your help for the safety of me and my children.
Advertisement

#256332 by JosieGal Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:52 am
Hi:

A Medical Doctor contacted me from Syria. He said he had a 3.5 years contract with the US Army. Very romantic! He was a widower and had a son studying in the UK.
Name: Godfrey Omoniyi
He contacted me through FB. He asked for my skype info. Then unfriended me from FB which he has no friends anyway.
He said to email: [email protected] to request a Leave Permit for him.
Thanks for all the info.
Regards
#256383 by Dotti Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:10 pm
Welcome Rose and JosieGal.

First of all Rose: Do not worry. Your children are not at any risk. The scammer is a low-life coward and bully who only acts brave because he is hiding behind the anonymity of the internet. He is not coming anywhere near you or your children, now or in the future. Just cut off all contact with him, and block him from your email/facebook/etc. Please let us know the email addresses this scammer used for himself and the fake leave request, so that others can be warned.

JosieGal: I'm glad you caught on before getting in too far. If you could post the first couple of messages he sent you and the ones around the money request, they are likely scripts that he will re-use and will serve to warn others as well.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#256697 by JosieGal Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:18 pm
Hi:

He had not asked me for money yet. He only requested I send an email to get his Leave Permit.

I also noticed some contradictions. At first he said he was German and that he has never been to North America. Toward the end he told me he was American and he was from NY .

He was so sweet! Read this:

"Hello Baby it has been a very busy day for me. I can´t stop thinking about you, even if I try my hardest not to. Much as I know there isn't much you can do against an ocean of distance between us, you still don´t seem to leave my thoughts.. You are my most constant memory,you are the consolidate passion in my heart, in my body and in every inch of my skin. Your cute eyes still keeps mine open to see you next to me. I want to wake up close to a lady with that beautiful eyes and cute lips to kiss everyday for the rest of my life. Hope my baby girl and little prince are well? cheers.. Hugs "

So sad that I can find a real man who writes like this :D

Regards
#256729 by Dotti Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:44 pm
The "request my leave permit" email is basically the first script in the money request. The leave permit is an invention of scammers. Real soldiers request their own leave, nobody from outside is involved, and there are no permits or fees associated with getting leave.

His sweet words aren't even his own writing. Like thousands of other scammers, he simply found some words online and stole them, in this case from here:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=224780770891833&story_fbid=804690346234203

#256867 by JosieGal Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:00 pm
Thanks so much, Dotti!
I am so glad I started surfing the net right away and I didn't waste any more time.
Thanks to everyone who made this site possible reporting your experience!
#257493 by Scamcatcher22 Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:16 pm
I am weary and completely suspicious of this soldier I met in okcupid recently. While all the hallmarks of the beginning of a scam is present - won't give me his apo address that he has to speak to his commander about, being in love right away, even talking about marriage - I'd like to find out who I am dealing with is on the up and up. He calls himself Greg Whitear, age 41, in turkey. That's all I know. Please help - I am a single mother with two young children and feel extremely vulnerable and scared.
#257498 by Dotti Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:09 pm
won't give me his apo address that he has to speak to his commander about

I'm sorry to say but that alone is enough to tell me it is a scam.

Soldiers are allowed to give out their APO addresses. They do NOT need to talk to a commander first.

He isn't a soldier and he has no APO address, so he is stalling, trying to get around your request. Next, he will tell you that his commander won't allow him to give it to you, or he will give you a made-up one but tell you that he can't use it for security reasons or because it isn't working; or he will continue to stall while buttering you up with romantic talk, in hopes that you will get pulled into the scam and drop the request for the address entirely.

#257509 by Bryon Williams Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:46 pm
Just ignore his contact with you. Eventually he will go away.

Do not be scared. This internet thief hides behind a computer and will not come into the open. This thief would have to get a visa and plane ticket to visit you. He will not waste his stolen money on this. Plus, he will show himself on various camera's and provide his true identity.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#257512 by Bryon Williams Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:21 pm
Currently you are not a victim.

If you post his email address, phone numbers and facebook page you will cause him more hurt.

Other women will find your post and be warned.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#259780 by CParent210 Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:08 pm
Please see the following conversation:

there is something we need to talk about urgently
Today at 1:47 PMme
What is it?
Today at 1:49 PMme
Hello?

Today at 1:51 PMme
Where'd you go?

Today at 1:53 PMDorothy Cornolly
I have been scheduled to leave for Syria where i do not meet up for the requirement of securing a leave permit

Today at 1:54 PMme
Explain... What's a leave permit and what requirements?

Today at 1:57 PMDorothy Cornolly
(1/2)I stand a chance of spending 60days off active duty in a peaceful environment of my choice under the supervision of the security company i am working with
(2/2)and there after put in for my retirement

Today at 1:58 PMme
And you don't qualify in Syria?

Today at 1:59 PMDorothy Cornolly
however before such leave is granted, a compulsory program must be passed through that will help and build ones morale when blending into the civil world

Today at 2:00 PMme
And the program isn't available in Syria?

Today at 2:04 PMDorothy Cornolly
The option is i either go to Syria for 6months or embark on a 3weeks program and secure a leave permit to spend 60days off active duty in a peaceful environment

Today at 2:05 PMme
Where is the program, and what do you need to do to qualify for it?

Today at 2:09 PMDorothy Cornolly
(1/2)The program is due to start by soon and last 3 weeks and afterwards it is a peaceful world away from everyday violence, but i have to register for the
(2/2)program through a diplomatic agent back in the states but my challenge is i am an orphan and no one to help me just like you when the going was tough

Today at 2:10 PMme
What do you need me to do?
Just remember, I'm in Canada

Today at 2:12 PMme
I'll do what I can.

Today at 2:14 PMme
Babe?

Today at 2:15 PMDorothy Cornolly
I understand but you can help if you want to, all i need is to pay for the registration through the diplomatic agent which i have no means of completing here

Today at 2:16 PMme
How much and where do I contact him

Today at 2:19 PMDorothy Cornolly
(1/2)For security reasons i will be providing you with the diplomatic agent details in US and the fee needed for the registration is $695. My chances of a
(2/2)future hangs in the balance of certainty and uncertainty

Today at 2:40 PMDorothy Cornolly
Hello

Today at 2:44 PMme
DO you have an APO address where I can send it?

Today at 2:46 PMDorothy Cornolly
I work directly with a security company and that makes it all different, it is all different
only regular armies do APO, special ops do not

Today at 2:52 PMme
Hmmm. Well, please allow me to let you in on a few things you don't know about me. The name I have been using is a pseudonym. I am a retired Lt.Cdr from the US Navy, SEAL Team 8, and I KNOW how SpecOps work!! At NO time is it required for ANY serviceman ( or woman) to pay for an MEP. Further, actual military email addresses end with .gov or .mil, NOT with civilian email providers. You are NOT Dorothy Cornolly, and your email address and contact info, as well as your IP have been reported to US Army CID (Criminal Investigation Division) as well as the NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigation Service) for investigation for fraud! You should be ASHAMED of yourself, for trying to scam people by using the good name of a servicewoman who put her life on the line every day to protect freedom!
#261362 by Bryon Williams Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:31 pm
For the bots. Updated email addresses and name.

lbear wrote:Ive been in contact with capt.andre graham..going on over a year..since he stopped writting someone in feb .last year .he started writting me .all the same info and pics ..i sent his money for leave .he stole close to 10,000...our contact stopped the weekend after easter..april 2015 ..in august last year he gave my banking details to someone who defrauded by bank..he said oh sorry love..this man is not who he claims to be .he prays on woman like a pedophile. I didnt contact him he contacted me ..i trully beleived him .i come from a world where trust you beleive what they say..
Than during this time everyweek he had someone send me money to send to him.im Nigeria where he was sent from kubal for the bring back our girls campaige..said the money was for a team member ..i sent him 200 for a phone but he never called..he gives your info to a sopha graham who uses it to scam people for money..said shes a causin of his foster parents..im a single mom who had 2 surgeries in less than 10 months i didnt have the money to help him but i did cause he made me feel bad.so if your in contact with him hes a manipultive liar..

Capt Andre Graham
[email protected]
[email protected]

#261744 by Kober77 Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:58 am
Hi I feel I am also being scammed. I met a girl named Mchelle Miller(Patton) on MEETME app she claimed to be in the peace core in Nigeria. We got to talking saying I was exactly what she was looking for. Her last BF cheated on her and my ex did as well so we had a similar problem. I am also an addict in recovery and recently started to go back to church. Well turns out she's christian and so on. about a week went on she mentioned it was her birthday July 30th and asked if I'd like me for her to come to my city for her birthday. Of course I was excited she then said I'd have to pay for here leave of absence. Thankfully I am broke and could not pay. So she then mentioned how her parents were killed in a car accident and she has alot of money and she would pay thefee but it would have to be deposited in my account and sent back to them. I gave my bank info to her and sure enough 3600$ was deposited in my account I then wire transfered it to a Jason Roberts in NY which was where she claimed to be from and this guy ws her accountant or lawyer can't remember. So I was like ok transfered it no problem. It was to be a total of $35000.next day there was another deposit for $2100. And after that $35000 was to be paid off I'd receive $25000 for when she got to my city and we were gonna stay at the finest places eat at the finest restaurant. She would pay all my debts buy cars and even a house so her and her son can come live here in Canada. Meanwhile she said she owned a house in NYC and I have never been so of course we'd spend time there. Then after all this I decided to check her e mail and brought me to this site basically. My main concern now is they have a lot of my personal info like online bank info address my full legal name.Not sure what I can do about what I did. .