Information on romance scams and scammers.
#222717 by melanie11137 Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:59 am
can someone advise me please ive been talking to man who says he us marine working in syria, he claims he can get leave no problem but he said due to him having only 400 dollars he needs me to pay for flight to uk for him from turkey, he said he will get there and fly as civillian as its safer from istanbul, as they've stopped all flights at moment for them due to attacks. he claims that the marines put holds on there accounts as some men waste the money and that he cant use his cash card till hes back in europe anyway, hes asked me to send it to a uk liason officer who will forward money so he can purchase ticket. is this real im due to pay tomorrow
Advertisement

#222723 by Dotti Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:00 am
It's not real.

It's an African scammer, not an American soldier.

Soldiers CAN access their money, and the military DOES fly them home for leave. The marines (or any other branch of the military) do NOT put a hold on their accounts. That would never happen, because among other things it would be completely illegal. He just made that nonsense up as an excuse to explain why he is asking for money.

Please post more information on this scammer, as it may help other women he is trying to scam.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#223184 by kili087 Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:40 am
Fake army national guard in secret mission in Nigeria need a vacay after being stationed overseas for a year+ wants to come stay with me and rest and get to know me better .....

Jump Williams from Facebook.
I know it's a scam and am posting a warning

First off ... no way would I ever allow some one I just met of the net the streets any where into my home ... I just dont so I am always Leary of anyone wanting to come meet and stay.

Next I asked for rank and name ... he couldn't give me that because he was on a secret mission ..... black ops don't get 2 hours to talk via internet.

He wanted to meet but needed me to call his boss to request leave as only a spouse could get him back into the US for leave ..... if this was true many dads wouldn't be missing their children's births ... and I have never heard of any personnel getting their spouse military leave. He also needed fund because he couldn't access his accounts cuz he was on active secret tour ... again not true military takes care of their own and doesn't freeze accounts like that.

Lastly just cuz I was bored and wanted to see how far it would go ...

He offered to help tender the request I asked how much it would be ... of course he promised to pay it bac once he was state

So he gave me the info for money gram

Receiver's Name: Ogunyemi Ayodeji
Nigeria, ekiti.ado

No I would never send money across seas and thought I would post this to your site so that other people well see and use a little common sense when dealing with people.
#223761 by Grandma Grim Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:37 am
Contacted me this morning. On FB chat at present. Will see how he goes... but getting all the usual about divorce, want someone to look after this daughter and my persona being perfect for that.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004801215223

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE never tell a scammer he is posted here....
Never Ever send money to anyone via Western Union,Moneygram or Bank if you haven't met them.
If unsure, please ask... better ask and know than trust and be scammed....
#226075 by Lionslover Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:16 am
Hi I need some help too, I met bill on mingle2, been chatting there for a while and then swapped email addresses, he's currently serving in Libya with the UN. After talking for a month and a half he wants to meet me, he said that there is leave that spouses can send to get leave granted, [email protected] and that leave was granted once I gave them his details, also a payment is to made as this payment is not made by the military, 1130 USD is it be paid either western union or money gram money transfer to my destination.. I've had a few people say yeah it's legit, me I'm 50/50 , please help me, my name is Michelle,
#226076 by AlanJones Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:45 am
Lionslover wrote:Hi I need some help too, I met bill on mingle2, been chatting there for a while and then swapped email addresses, he's currently serving in Libya with the UN. After talking for a month and a half he wants to meet me, he said that there is leave that spouses can send to get leave granted, [email protected] and that leave was granted once I gave them his details, also a payment is to made as this payment is not made by the military, 1130 USD is it be paid either western union or money gram money transfer to my destination.. I've had a few people say yeah it's legit, me I'm 50/50 , please help me, my name is Michelle,

"Bill" is a scammer - please post his email address for other victims to find, along with some of their emails.

Soldiers NEVER have to pay for leave.

The military NEVER communicate with real family members, let alone Internet pen pals - how can you be his spouse if you have never met him or legally married him.

The real military DO NOT ever use free email addresses.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#226086 by Dotti Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:13 am
I've had a few people say yeah it's legit, me I'm 50/50

There is no maybe here. There is NO chance that it, or the "soldier" you are writing, is real. The whole concept of an outsider applying for leave for a soldier is no now, nor will it EVER be, legit. It goes against the entire premise on which the US military structure (and the structure of most militaries) is based. The whole nonsense scenario was created in the imaginations of scammers who have no clue (and don't care) how the military is run.

I am concerned about the people who are telling you that it is legit. If they are people you know and have met personally, I would recommend you send them here or to the US Army's most recent warning: http://www.army.mil/article/130861/Army_investigators_warn_public_about_romance_scams/
But if they are people that you have met online, it is possible that they are other scam characters, created by the scammers to help fool you.

#228640 by darrinh Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:59 pm
Lara Burgess [email protected] Updating email address (BW)

Ok, looks I have lost a few hundred dollars to this scam. I met someone on okcupid that I struck up a relationship of sorts with. The profile name is Lara Burgess. The okc profile is gone but another one can be viewed here: http://m.vk.com/id228692809

I had my suspicions but "lara" claimed to have needed money to pay for continued internet access, which i thought odd but not knowing anything about how the military works, i went along with it.

This person talked about meeting up and also claimed they couldn't send any pics from their current location, which raised suspicions but again i assumed it was some army rules.

It finally clicked when i received this email:

No you didnt and it's ok cos I already told them about you and that you my boyfriend and all babe and I hope that's right Darrin and I was told they will write you and that's all, I guess it's coming from [email protected]

My reaction was 'why the hell would they contact me and why is the supposed US Army using a free email address. So i did a seach on the address and came across this site. I thought id never fall for one of these but more fool me for not listening to my instincts.
#237517 by AlanJones Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:41 am
laura candler wrote:I need to know if there is such a [email protected] in order to purchase a leave card for a soldier in nigeria he claims to be a lutenant in the u.s army his email address is [email protected]

Real soldiers do not need random people on the Internet to pay for anything for them - not leave, communication, "fiancee" forms or whatever other rubbish scammers come up with. That only happens in the drug addled brains of scammers as ways to steal from their victims.

There are also no US soldiers currently on active deployment in Nigeria (and if there were, they would not be spending all day chatting with people on the Internet).

The email address [email protected] is a free email address, not something the real military would use - the real military would also not communicate with outsiders (not ever real husband and wives and family members).

Please just delete all the emails and do not respond any further to them. Do not challenge them about being a scammer, they will just deny it and carry on trying toi steal from you.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#237533 by Dotti Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:41 pm
To add to what Alan said:
@usa.com
@mail2army.com
@live.com
@gmail.com
@hotmail.com
@yahoo.com

The above free email domains are some of the ones we more commonly see used by fake military scammers. None of these are associated with the US military, and if you are given an email address ending in ANY of the above and told that it is connected to the military in any way, then you can be absolutely certain it is a scam, no matter what reason or excuse you are given.

#239803 by cassy Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:43 am
hi I'm Cassy,

I had experience that also, but luckily I am, I did not believe to him right away when he told me about the request for leave permit..I thank God that his always on my side..I was about to fall in love...He is Howard Dickson Evatt. I research everything about the scam and then i found this website.
Now everything is clear to me..here is the letter they send to me..I would like this to share to other people so that they will not become a victim like the others..

UNITED STATE ARMY
[email protected]

Dear Cassy,

In response to your request to grant a leave to Sergeant Dickson Howard Evatt., an officer on a peace keeping mission in India, you have to provide the information requested for in the first part of the attachment to this email to certify that you truly request for his leave. An administrative fee of $150 US dollars should be pay by you for the quick response.

PAY AT ANY WESTERN UNION FOR IMMEDIATE TRANSACTION TO THE OFFICER IN CHARGE BELOW:

OFFICER NAME: Emmanuel Mike (as Receiver)

ADDRESS: Andrei West, Opposite Singapore Complex, B Wing 105, Mumbai India

NOTE:

1. Make sure you inform us as soon as you make the payment because the available receiver in charge of the accounting/transit department is stationed in Mumbai because Mumbai is more peaceful.

2. You have to provide the information in the attachment and send it back to us with the MTCN code, your name as sender, and Emmanuel Mike as the receiver.

3. You must keep the receipt of the payment for future use.

4. We shall call you when your fiancé finally arrived at home with you, to help us ascertain he is with you.

5. His leave bonus shall be pay to you through western union money transfer, which is why we requested for your correct information.

6. The reason why you are to be pay for an administrative fee is to be sure that you are really requesting for his leave and the money is refund back with his leave bonus, just to be sure how serious you are.

7. Your fiancée have agreed to pay his leave bonus for you that is why we need your correct information.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Lt Col ,James Wilson,
Administrative/Transit Department (US ARMY).

Regard,Jame Wilson
USA Army Base,
Jam Mu Kashmir India

Attachments area
Preview attachment TRANSIT FORM APPLICATION FORM..jpg
TRANSIT FORM APPLICATION FORM..jpg

Here is the picture they used to captured your attention: