Information on romance scams and scammers.
#64186 by Helen Halper Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:56 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners, myosefina !
I'm sorry that you have been in contact with the scammer SGT.BARRY HUNT [email protected]
Thank goodness you haven't lost any money!
Now that you are aware that he's a scammer, please stop communicating with him. It's best if you don't tell him that you know that he's a scammer, for one thing we don't want him to change his name, so that others can find him when googling.
Last edited by Helen Halper on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

#64190 by began steele Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:07 pm
Could we have the Tagged link please for the attention of Scampolice Group there and our data base. We will label the profile and send warnings to potential victims (as usual). Cheers.
Incidently scammers are out of touch with reality because no foreign forces are deployed in Libya, the rebels are sorting it out and there is no need to keep the peace.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#64198 by Helen Halper Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:01 am
myosefina,

Is he using both [email protected] and [email protected]?
Last edited by Helen Halper on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#64224 by began steele Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:36 am
Thanks. We'll add these email addresses to our data base for Google and get the pictures up for the bots. We message the potential victims who are actively posting "nice stuff" on profile and will try to get it deleted once we have done enough. We know it will be back and we can find it again when it does, because they are unimaginative and it will clone the profile. It will lose its work over many hours and it will hurt. Profile is decorated.
SCAMMER TEXT
Peaceful Love There is peace in my soul For such a long awaited time There is love in my life A love of melody and rhyme. Once you took hold of my heart I knew no other could have reached As whispered fate took

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#64235 by began steele Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:37 am
YES IT'S UP TO ITS TRICKS ON TAGGED. See messages I have been sent after warnings.
Hi,my name is MXXXX can we talk? I've been chatting to this man for a while. That was I thought. Did he tell you that he is from US army and right now he is in Libyia for peace keeping mission?

Thank you for your information. I know I get scammed from this man. He still talked to me lastnight,asking me to send email to his boss so he can take a leave for few weeks. But I am not going to do that,after I read your comment on his picture,thats open my eyes. Thanks again for you information MXXXX

PROFILE DELETED!
Last edited by began steele on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

#64276 by jenny62 Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:04 am
I have also been scammed by someone impersonating a US soldior in afganistan.....your story is exactly the same as mine. he wanted money for leave because apparently he did not have access to his bank accounts in America....He didnt get any money from me because this is not the first time I have been contacted by someone with a similar story....and part of the story is their parents died in a car accident.... I know all most of us want is to find someone special but I really dont think the internet is the way to do it...we should try it the old fashion way go out and meet someone face to face at least that way u know what your getting....The thing that really gets me the most is that these low lives are impersonating soldiors that are putting their life on the line everyday for us and them....
#64285 by Katharina Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:02 pm
Welcome jenny62!

It is good to know that you can't be scammed. :=)

Unfortunately, there are a lot of ladies who have little experience with the internet and will fall for scams. So it would be a big help if you posted information about the scammers who contacted you:

- one of their first emails
- their email address
- their account on social networking sites
- pictures.

That way, a potential victim who does a Google search will find out in time.
#65262 by Aika Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:29 am
Hello everybody.
Great thanks to all of you in here, for you managed this beautiful forum.
As being registered on "EuropeInLove" server, I got an email from soldier, captain Darren Armold. We started talking on yahoo and it all appeared "quite" good, except the fact that even if my English is not good, his English seemed to be extremely bad to me... As a college person and native American - I have had many friends who were Americans, but no one had such a bad English.. .((
WEll, same case as all others. I found him on FB - wrote him about that, he said he lost his password a time ago (while I saw last post few days ago) and he also asked me for request for leave. "The army" replied immediately , he gave me their e-mail address, they sent a short message but no signature, no name underneath :
Dear Madam,
We got your request on behalf of Captain Darren Armold.
You are to open this attachment and read it, You will send it back to us in good time for proper process on Captain Darren Armold's leave from the war region.
We are waiting for your respond in good time.Thanks for your cooperation.
Officer in Charge

Today we spoke again ( a lot of love and looking forward to ..blablabla.. ) and he said to write them this this this and send it immediately, don´t worry as the fee you have to pay for me is not "that much"... and I was not able to get the information about "how much do you mean is not that much" as ..... Well, fine, I can not afford myself to pay for someone ..... and got scared for I might get in trouble with US army etc etc...
Finally I decided to "google" the e-mail army address: [email protected] and found this forum.
When I sent him the message that he is a scammer and a copy of message about the US army soldier leave, he said: What the hell are you talking about? and disappeared... here is our last communication:
Captdarren Armold: what are u talking about
Captdarren Armold: You must be out of your mind
Captdarren Armold: What the hell are you talking about
Aika: about scams...
Captdarren Armold: What do you mean
Last message received on 5.9.2011 at 13:06
Aika: I am afraid this all is going to be placed onto the server scam warners - interned fraud center as another case of scamming....thank you for this story !

His yahoo was : captpcarren [email protected] I believe that the real captain Darren Armold lives a different life and I feel really sorry for having an idea of him in front of my eyes, believing that he has two daughters and wife in US but not living with them.... jeeez...!!!
Great thanks to all in here, I am really very very happy for being "awakened". Wishing a lot of real love to all of you :) :) take care, Aika :) :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

PS: Now I got the IP address (crazy me why I did not check it before!) it is.: 175.142.217.8 and is from Malaysia... ( did not know that US army head office is in Malaysia :)) )
#65341 by Bubbles Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:14 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners Aika. It is good that you recognized that something was wrong.

We typically discourage telling scammers about this site. I don't think you did any actual harm though. Telling scammers how you know they are scammers is educating them and it lets them become better at the criminal activities they undertake.

I am glad you checked the IP! That is often so telling. I hope you have not been in contact with this scammer any more.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#65357 by nelle Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:51 am
Hello all,
Im so sad now. I told many friends about this Richard Dunne [email protected] US army special force based in Cambodia coming to see me, whom i like and communicate very well for one month. I still wish this is all real, i really dunno kno, hope you can help out. If it is a scam, i dont want other gals to fall for that, cos it just hurts so so much.
Facts:
1.He dropped me a message on WAYN which is a decent travelling website other than dating site.
2.The pics sent to me are not found in scam website, and he deleted his Wayn accont and pics since finding me.
3. He is so polite, nice, patient than you can ever imagine, always say "my angel", "my love" and discuss "our futrure plan, how we gonna settle down if I truly like him", "even consider my parents"
4. His English aint that bad...well sometimes spelling and say "that nice"
5. He didnt rush anything, just kept it naturally.
6. He even went for Somalia help the peacekeeping as exactly what happened as stated in the UN officail site, it's almost the same time of UN posted the news when he told me. That's hard to explain!
Why Doubt Now:
1. As I read, no outsider can apply for solider leave, and there is no such vacational leave. This guy did ask me to do that, by keep saying "whenever Im ready to do it"
2. As I read, the US military goes to great lengths to ensure their personnel have access to the means to communicate with their family back home wherever possible. He said no phone left in the barrack, asked me to send one to a free polit in Indonesia/Tailand or Malaysia, see which one is free through the week.
3. As I directly say to him being honest and tell him the real policy, he asked where and who I got that information from, said there is a little misunderstanding, Im hurting him and accusing him, but he is still being very nice for explaination and chatting. (If all is fake, nice acting I hav to say even I confronted him)
4. Ps: He sent me 6 poem emails
Up-to-now:
I want to see whats his next move, we are gonna talk about the phones. Or maybe I just dont wanna wake up compeletely.

Could somedoby here help me out? If you are 100% sure Im scammed, appreciate it!
#65366 by nelle Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:59 am
Hello,

About the Email header and IP tracker, because all yahoo.com is located in Sunnyvale, CA, so when tracking the email header, the IP add is the home of yahoo.

How could you track their email header and IP?