Information on romance scams and scammers.
#301782 by kristine1990 Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:50 am
I just want to share this. I was almost scammed..

SGT BRYAN RODRIGUEZ UN/USARMY 009/16770/UNAMIL
Email: [email protected]

We chatted on FB Messenger for a month. His FB Account is BRYAN RODRIGUEZ
He told me that he's on a peacemaking mission in Sudan. He said that he's widowed with a 6 year old son.

Hope this will help other potential victims. God bless everyone. Hope this stops. And I pray that everyone will not fall into this trap. Let us be very careful. And anything or anyone that involves you to shedding out your money, then please think a hundred times. Those are your hard earned money.. Don't let this happen to you or to anyone else.
Advertisement

#301922 by Quintsey Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:56 am
Hello, I am Dutch and i was so stupid i fell for this.
I already called for legal help, but it is weekend.
Is there something i can do now before i am in realy big trouble?
#301923 by alberta 74 Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:20 am
hi! did you just apply for a leave request or already send any money? if you just send a request just forget about him abd the matter, block him! :D
if you have given him money it depends on your bank and how you have done it. by western union would be lost, with some banks you can ask it back within a short time. :!:
all the best for it! :wink:
#302170 by logranat56 Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:20 pm
I am currently trying to be scammed by an Army Sgt. William Andrews, stationed in Iraq. He has received a Medical Grant for discharge,but needs BTA (basic traveling allowance) in order to leave.
I have read enough to know that BTA is a scam.
#302171 by AlanJones Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:23 pm
Now that you know that it is a scam, the best thing to do is cut off all contact with the scammer - don't tell him that you know it is a scam, just disappear and leave him wondering what happened.

Please can you also post the email addresses and any phone numbers that he is using and a sample of some of his mails to you. Other victims may be searching for the details.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#302211 by Upnorthlove Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:29 am
I have been talking with a guy by the name of Brooks Hall, 39 years old who claims to be in the US Army and he wanted to meet me. He said in order to take leave I had to fill out a form - emergency leave form. Then said in order for him to leave Afghanistan they need the sum of 3250.00. I did some research and seen this scam warmers. Nope as soon as money was involved I knew something wasn't right. He also mentioned Captain Joseph Betts then Gavin Robinson. Are they even real soldiers or just scammers taking their profiles?
#302213 by Tim Atem Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:11 am
They are scammers that have stolen the names of soldiers.l Please post the email addresses and any phone numbers you have. Also, please post the email of the leave request with your personal information removed. This will help warn others.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#302332 by legionlady14 Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:01 pm
I was also in the military and know that if anyone contacts you asking for money re leave, its a scam. block and unfriend him on Facebook. I suggest you hide your list of friends. Change your security settings on Facebook . It your posts are public, everyone can see them. Facebook is loaded with scammers.
#302352 by friendneedshelp Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:09 am
Help I believe i have been scammed too. He claimed to be James Farrar divorced and in the US Army in the States. He claims he had a daughter called Ashlyn who was happy for me to become a mum to her as she didnt get on with her mum. Have sent money as thought with all the pictures he sent me was legit. but now not so sure. Please help as i have seen his photo on here after all this has happend. He was supposed to arrive at Gatwick South today at 16.00.
#303297 by Angela Holmes Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:52 pm
AlanJones wrote:Hi Risa and welcome to ScamWarners.

This is a definite scam.

The US Army would not write to you from a free email account (which is what the usa.com address is).

The army and the soldier are the same scammer, which is why the original contact has not asked you for any money. If you pay the $880 then there will be some reason why the soldier cant visit you (probably needing you to send more money).

I would advise you to cease all contact with both the "soldier" and the "army" as they are just looking to scam you out of your hard earned money.
#303507 by Merlina.Diaz Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:00 am
I have in the same situation right now asking me to send 400USD for processing fee.His name is Sgt Michael Herry Hermes and on mission in Lake chad border..pls kindly help me to trace if he is scam or real as i promise to send money at the end of the month by the adim name John Allen on military [email protected] Me and Herry chat on whatsapp his number is +2348034818636. Please help me as am loosing my mind now if i need to send or not..thank you in advance
#303509 by Tim Atem Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:41 am
It is a scam. Do not send any money and stop all communication with them. Ignore any further emails from him.

Please post the email address the fake soldier is using.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#304182 by Misocat Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:45 pm
Hi I just blocked a guy I met on tinder who asked me to download viber. He claims to be Raymond Steve Johnson and is the father of a 5 year old girl named Whitney. He is supposedly in tel aviv and wants me to send 450.00 for a processing fee to allow him to come to visit me. He claims to be 47, from Chicago IL, and is recently divorced with full custody. Claims he had a Bentley and a house that the ex wife took instead of fighting for custody. I have already blocked him, but just want the info to get out there. He is currently using this number +1 (312) 275-3852. As of 10 mins ago when I posted a pic of the article of this scam. Of course he called me immediately to try to salvage his scam. I guess he forgot he told me that he is unable to make calls from his military phone. Duh. Only wasted 3 days on this ass. Thank gawd! I have reported him to tinder and now am passing on the message here. Peace.
#304389 by DupedKiwi Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:12 pm
I think I'm getting scammed, right after being scammed! This guy is in Afghanistan and after chatting for 2 days (we met on tinder) he's asking me to fork out $400usd so he can come visit me as he's sure "I'm the one for him". A few things don't add up: the English is not great, it's waaay too fast & I couldn't understand the US asking me to pay for him to visit. So I googled and here I am. Donatus Massingale is claiming to be an engineer working for the UN, KIK username is donamassy, aged 52 with a 14 yo son at boarding school in Arizona. He claims Calufornia is where he lives when he's home tho. Ah, the joys of trying to meet a nice guy