Information on romance scams and scammers.
#329366 by Bryon Williams Mon May 29, 2017 11:25 pm
He is a scammer/thief.

He will lie to steal your money.

Stop all contact with the thief.

Stupid scammer can not be in combat in the field also messaging women to marry.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#329367 by Mike Wilson Tue May 30, 2017 12:16 am
He is a liar. there is no war zone in Cameroon. As long as you keep responding he will keep telling you lies with the goal of stealing money from you. The video excuse is nonsense - he does not want you to see that he does not look like the person in the profile or other images that he has shown you.

Just stop all contact with this lying criminal.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#329531 by Mike Wilson Wed May 31, 2017 10:09 am
[email protected] <[email protected]>
[email protected]

FROM THE TABLE OF THE US MILITARY ARMY COMMANDER OF THE US ARMY SPECIAL FORCES 1ST SQUADRON 2ND CALVARY REGIMENT EGYPTIAN SUNSHINE CAMP.

Dear: <removed>,

Thanks for contacting US Army Military Department. we want to let you know that we have receive your fiancee request regarding is vacation leave. Sgt, Duke Bright '623-30-6835' of the US ARMY SPECIAL FORCES 1ST SQUADRON 2ND CALVARY REGIMENT EGYPTIAN SUNSHINE CAMP.

We want you to know that your Fiancee request as already been process under the US Army Military Conduct, Session 675701USA on the table of US Army Military Secretary General. and your fiancee will be approve to spend his vacation leave with you. You are to fill the attached form on this e-mail that you provide to us. and once will receive your response your fiancee Sgt, Duke Bright '623-30-6835 will receive the leave approval certificate to spend is vacation Leave in your country.

Thank you for contacting US Army Military Department.

Sincerely,

Comm, Gibbson Demsy

US ARMY SPECIAL FORCES 1ST SQUADRON 2ND CALVARY REGIMENT EGYPTIAN SUNSHINE.

Warning: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the US Army Military Department or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager by directly click on your reply tab. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for who is address to. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify US Army Military Department system manager immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#329670 by Bryon Williams Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:36 am
Dotti wrote:I am from the US, and used to work extensively with a military organization.

1) US Army leave is not bought. There are no fees to be paid before leave will be granted. Military personnel are given a certain amount of leave time, just as your average worker is given a certain amount of vacation time. Additional emergency leaves are handled through official military channels, have very specific requirements, and do not require fees. (Incidentally, a boyfriend/girlfriend/fiancee has no standing whatsoever with the military, and a visit to him/her would not qualify as an emergency leave anyway.)
2) An outside person does not apply for leave for someone in the US military. In other words, if I am serving in the US military (any branch), and I need leave for some reason, I would apply for leave through official military channels. In some cases, my commanding officer might start paperwork, but my spouse/significant other/friend/business partner who is not in the military CANNOT apply for leave on my behalf.

As a general rule, if you are corresponding with someone who claims to be from any branch of the US military, and he asks you to complete ANY military forms, or you are contacted by any "military official" in relation to him/her, it is a scam.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#330468 by karin70 Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:51 am
I have fallen for this guy and now I do believe that he is indeed a scammer and a new one. I am searching through the internet for his name and pictures but can't find it anywhere.
He says he is an staff sergeant (mechanical ingenieer) in the army serving in Afghanistan now, and wants to retire in 4 months. He wrote (I am half American and Half German, My mother was German and my Father was American..I grew up in the united states and i have a home there, I am an Engineer by profession but i work under the united states Government in Afghanistan at the moment, I am a staff sergeant, that is my rank at the moment in the military..I have been divorced for 6 years now, i was married to an american woman and had a son with her, my sons name is Jordan he is eleven years old, i'm here looking for a serious relationship and i want to get to know the person very well before we take things to the next step.)
He is very charming and good looking, he send me pictures of him in uniform and casual, his room and his personal gun and outfit. On the outfit is writen "Patrick" which is his first name, i wondered and asked he said it depends on the rank and the work you do". I met him on a what seemed to be a safe dating site. The things he said in the beginning where believable, he was stationed at the NATO base in Belgium (Mons) and in Germany (Bamberg) He didn't asked for money or even didn't talked about sexual matter, nor he asked about leave permit. He even made a story that a recruit he was training got killed last week and he felt guilty. I spoke with him by skype but no cam of course.
What makes me believe he is a scammer is the lines he use." A woman who can express what she's thinking/feeling and is willing to take the effort to build a relationship founded on truth, love, understanding, passion, and commitment. That I enjoy sunsets, fireplaces, etc. is a given...that I embrace so much more is for someone special to discover. I'm deeply romantic, sensuous and passionate with that one special woman. It's been a while for me to experience all this beautiful things I’m telling you but that is what I’m looking for and hoping to find that with you". This Is what i read typical for a scammer. And that line is why i believe he is a scammer, cause i searched google image and tineye and other image searchers but can find the pictures, I saw hunderds of pictures but none of his, can't find something strange about his name or email. The email adress it's location is Sunnyvale CA. It's too bad cause i liked the guy on the pictures. I confronted him with little things and asked for the APO mail the military has, now he doesn't reply anymore. His name is Patrick Kent Morgan and used the mail [email protected]. also for skype. I am happy I caught him on time and never send him any money.
#330469 by AlanJones Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:27 am
You were right - he is a scammer and the money request would have come eventually.

Romance Scammer - Patrick Kent Morgan - [email protected]

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#330617 by Skylark Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:19 am
Dear Dotti,

First of all God bless you all for sharing your experiences in trusting someone just because you are so compassionate and believing in the good in people in spite of all the bad that we see and hear.

This is embarrassing for me to share, I don't want anyone else to be a victim of online scams. I found out that I was scammed yesterday...All thanks to your post here that I was able to confront that person and be saved from paying $550 to get a Leave of Absence approved.

This person who ever is operating the online accounts on Facebook, MEEFF & LINE surely doesn't go by the name Nelson Lengefield. I got to meet this person on a language exchange app called MEEFF. He seemed like quite a gentleman so I continued to chat with him on LINE messenger.

He introduced himself as a US military person who is 47years old working in Turkey-Syria border

82nd SF Division
Al-Anad Army Base,
Syria/Turkey Boarder

for the past 9months. He also said that he is a mechanical engineer who fixed the military trucks after they finish their patrols. He said he was in service for 16 years. He wanted to move from friendship into a serious relationship. That's on day two of chatting with him. I wanted to see how it would go so I agreed. There was no way I could talk to him coz he said their audio and visual communication has been blocked due to security reasons as they don't want the terrorists to track them.

I should admit that in the conversations we've had he has never been perverse or rude. He said that he was divorced from a wife who cheated on him with his own best friend and that she has a son with that person. That he wants a good woman to be his wife and care for him like how his dead mother used to.

However within 4 days of chatting he sends me pictures of wounded soldiers and says its only by God's grace that he missed the bullets and escaped death. He said that he'd want to come out of the base and start a life with me. Though it was moving super fast for me, I only felt compassion towards him and asked how I could help.

So he said that he couldn't apply for a Leave of Absence directly and that I should apply for him on his behalf and asked me to send an email to [email protected] from his email - [email protected] he sent me a draft.

I went ahead with the email adding just my full name, city and country mentioned.I received an email from SGT Eric Paul. Military Leave Dept. acknowledging the email I sent and that they'll get back to me about their decision. This was sent to me on 3rd June.

The conversations were just precious with so much affection and longing (nothing obscene) over the weekend. Then yesterday I receive an email from Maj. Gen. Patrick J. Donahue. Processing Officer. Asking me to fill in a form, scan it and send it to over to them with a payment of $550. That's where things started getting weird... I know... I feel so dumb for believing that this was my happily ever after...

He was panicking and pressurizing me to send the money as he along with the other officers at the base have no access to their bank accounts. Honestly I would have sent the money if not for the two friends who I had kept in the loop about the whole "Relationship" which by the way this person kept telling me that these things are not to be shared with anyone else until he comes back, where he will personally meet with all of them and tell them about our marriage plans.

In spite of the hectic day I was having at work I was trying to be there with him, still with a tiny ray of hope that he is telling me the truth. With so much guilt in me for not being able to believe him I typed "application fee for leave of absence us military" on google.

This link to your blog gave me all the answers I was looking for. God bless you guys who were so courageous to step up and share your awful experiences from 7 years ago. I am grateful for the blog page that remained.

Thank you all for keeping this page in the blog and for saving me from a scam.

I confronted him and there has been no response on the chat since last evening. I feel so silly and embarrassed right now but I don't want anyone else to become a victim to this.

I hope everyone who believed and trusted with a faith and sincerity has now been blessed with a beautiful life, if not I hope and pray that you all be blessed with one.

Dotti wrote:I am from the US, and used to work extensively with a military organization.

1) US Army leave is not bought. There are no fees to be paid before leave will be granted. Military personnel are given a certain amount of leave time, just as your average worker is given a certain amount of vacation time. Additional emergency leaves are handled through official military channels, have very specific requirements, and do not require fees. (Incidentally, a boyfriend/girlfriend/fiancee has no standing whatsoever with the military, and a visit to him/her would not qualify as an emergency leave anyway.)
2) An outside person does not apply for leave for someone in the US military. In other words, if I am serving in the US military (any branch), and I need leave for some reason, I would apply for leave through official military channels. In some cases, my commanding officer might start paperwork, but my spouse/significant other/friend/business partner who is not in the military CANNOT apply for leave on my behalf.

As a general rule, if you are corresponding with someone who claims to be from any branch of the US military, and he asks you to complete ANY military forms, or you are contacted by any "military official" in relation to him/her, it is a scam.
#333323 by AsAngel47 Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:05 pm
Hello,
I just found your forum and I would like to point out, I also think a scam.
First, I want to apologize if I make mistakes, I am French and I rarely speak English.
A few months ago, a man contacted me on Facebook, he has been on a mission in Syria for almost a year. He contacted me in March, and we talked, got acquainted as "friends" on facebook.
He says he is divorced from his wife and has two children. We talked and then he started to say that he had stronger feelings and that he liked to talk with me. I am a cautious person, and my past sentimental experiences make me very skeptical of the sincerity of people ... but I confess that I have attached myself to this person and that to speak to someone who is interested in you is pleasant.
In May, he had problems and he lost his portfolio and important papers. He asked me to help him, send him an Itunes gift card to retrieve documents ...
Then it was at Father's Day, as he could not be with his children, he asked me if I could send toys or money to his children from him.
The last conversation we had on Friday, he said he wanted to come to see me and why not end up living together in the United States. To do this, he must ask for permission for a leave, but it would take time. He said I could write an email from him, to ask him to leave the army to come here. But he thinks we can ask for money to allow him to take his leave

He gave this email address:
[email protected]
I said that I found it strange and since then I have not spoken with him. In researching, I came across your messages. I am writing to you and I share this to protect other people.
Thank you for telling me, to confirm that I am facing a manipulator, I think I need to be reassured
I don't know if i can give you his name ...

Have a nice day
#333452 by Miss Pretty G Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:05 am
Hello Everyone! Badly needed help for this!

This guy sent me a chat request from online dating site SKOUT. He's name is John Boyd from Sacramento USA. Yes, I accepted his request since it's from US. :laugh-s: We now started talking..he introduces himself, about his family and job. He was already left alone because his parents died at the age of 18 and he decided to go in US military. His English skills is somehow good.

He asked me if I have other apps where we can talk. I told him I only have Viber. Then, he asked for my number and added me there. He told me to uninstall my SKOUT and I did it right away ( without any idea though ) He was busy that time. He was deployed in Sudan. Sent me a photo.

The next morning, he sent me messages about their rules in the camp and some photos again. We continued talking there. We can not do video call since he was using a security phone TS2 ( I am still not sure )..

He started sending me sweet thoughts and made me feel that I am worthy. I tried to call him - and I can hear the American accent :roll: :roll: :roll: Until he mentioned about the vacation leave. I am the one who wants him to prepare his leave and that involves money..huh??!! about $50 I told him, I do not have money..I"m working to survive, to feed my son. But he insisted.

I started to check the internet on how military file a vacation leave. I was shocked since they need to it internally and no money involve ( as far as I know, leave is one of the benefit an employed person can have ).

I was angry and upset. We are still talking thru Viber. He always saying that he cant wait to see me and mentioned about the leave. He sent me an email address [email protected] and a content of leave that I'll be sending. I tried to send it as of 07/08/17.

The next day, they replied - and the email now named to Marcus Torres.

Email Content:

On behalf of the United States government to the recipient request for the vocational leave, Department of defense, Department of the United States Army, we welcome you to the official desk of the Special Unit Squad (SUS) agents serving base. The mission of the Special Unit Squad (SUS) is to provide the military forces needed to deter War, engage in political, economical, religious, crime investigation, intelligent agency, logistics & threat reduction as well to protect the security of our country. The Special Unit Squad is to support the overall mission of the United States of America by providing official, timely & accurate information about defense policies, organization, functions & operations. Your request as been confirmed and verified by our leave request department. We are happy to tell you that your fiance would be granted a leave. But first there are some process that as been taken before he could leave the base. All you have to do is to write out all the informations you need to fill in the form and email to us and where you suppose to sign your full name will be written there and stamped for authentication as signature.

Full name:

Date of birth:

Relationship with deployed officer:

Full address:

Phone number:

Duration for leave request:

Read the following instructions carefully and make a solemn signature as Beneficiary. You are advised to do this as soon as possible as the department will not be liable for any delay caused. Once again thank you for contacting us. Col. Brian Mario Office of the commander of the 55thLeave infantry division, Request Unit, U.S Army United States of America

Though there's no amount needed, I still did not replied to it. But I replied a different thing.

Replied:

Good day!

May I ask. Should have been this on a PDF file. So that I can see authenticated logo from your good office.

Thanks,

Until now, 07/09/17, I did not receive any reply. But I informed John about it and said,

" I am very happy
You are the only one I have
It's my first time that you are the one who preparing my leave request ( where I was in doubt :? )
3 years from now since the last leave he has"

Oh well, I still don't trust him but I need your help guys! Everytime I talked to him on chat or call - he personally tells me " I love you"

Help!
#333453 by AlanJones Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:26 am
It's a scam - his continued declarations of love for you are just part of his scam - all he is interested in is your money.

The best thing to do is to block him and not respond any further - do not accuse him of being a scammer ,just disappear.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#333541 by Rhs1982 Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:49 pm
SMA Gary Gilmore. Widower 5 years, son age 15, lives in Bocca Raton FL, deployed to Incrilik in Turkey. special agent counter intelligence. Deployed 6 months supposed to come home end of July, retires in December. Always polite, never any sexual talk, friendly. Had grammar and idiom use problems. Some times felt like there were several persons replying at different times of day. Very interested in my activitis and what i ate. Last night when he said he was applying for leave and application fees it finally clicked. Confronted him today, he said I didn't understand. Met on Our time, used hangouts to chat. Sent photo of very well built bald male, heavy shadow facial hair. Tattoo on both biceps. Alabama red tank top. Used name of nebulagazer on our time. I feel like an idiot.
#333544 by Bryon Williams Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:28 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please post a couple of his initial emails/messages to you. Please remove your personal information prior to submitting.

#333545 by Rhs1982 Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:45 pm
[email protected]
This week,for those going on leave,we are suppose to send letter out to the command and also application fee.
I slept off...
Yes you are unique in your own way
My son, he is at a boarding house
My wife, she would send me these boxed treats too.
I have to meet with my colleagues
I was confuse..I thought it was a typo, But i kept on communicate but still confuse
I know how it feels to be alone, I have also been alone and I know how it feels