Information on romance scams and scammers.
#123415 by Dotti Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:53 pm
Ubiquity Server Solutions is a proxy.

So he's hiding his true location.
The writing definitely confirms African.
The more information you can post, the better--post his email address, some of the other emails he sent, etc.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
Advertisement

#123418 by wyldcatt Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:19 pm
this one is a long email he sent
How are you priceless Angel..am so sorry for my late response ok...Are you enjoying your night?...I believe its going to be splendid as mine?..Anyway i want to thank you for taking out of your precious time to respond to my email deep down i really appreciate it and i would be looking forward for a smooth communication/conversation between us.
Baby i have decided to put some words down for you so i thought i will be 100% open and honest with you ....I want to tell you some things you don't know about me....I lived my earlier life in Holland Amsterdam with my parents,2 sisters and a brother,My dad was originated from Holland as a dutch man.I have some dutch accent also.Please dont mind my English..When i was 21 years old we moved to state FL Elgin to continue my study in Engineering ,i lost my dad and two sisters to an Auto crash and my mother couldn't walk with her legs for some time.It was a very big shock for me as a youth but my moms parents really helped me to grow so and they took care of me like i am their kids.My grand father was a really great man and he thought me to be the man i am today.To some extent i can say i am a good man and i don't think anyone will ever complain about me.Like my Grand father used to say then, "experiences don't kill you, it makes you stronger" Life for me has been so hard and i have been through a lot in life.Having lost my family members as such a young age it was just so difficult for me but i did move and i have God and my grandparent to thank for that ,I have always believed that when there is life there is hope.
A couple of years after me, my brother and my mum moved in with my grand parents,they moved to Texas Austin where my grand mother as been living for 36 years,It was during the years i did live there and i had a good growing years.After my College we moved back to Elgin.I entered the Army Training School in 1985 after receiving a degree in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering.I have typically commands a squad (9 to 10 Soldiers).,a specialized undergraduate US National Guard (Army Supported) group, I have also held leadership positions on an operations crew, Heavy Construction Equipment Operator, training, standardization and evaluations, and current operations.I have maintained combat mission ready status as an instructor/evaluator in the battle management, surveillance, identification, emergency actions, and data link operations areas,supported the joint and coalition mission in Iraq with expeditionary assignments to Baghdad. Balad army Base and Al Asad AB.I was the deployed to Iraq and now redeployed to Afghanistan this year.I will tell you more later.
I do believe the key to a long distance relationship are HONESTY,TRUST and COMMUNICATIONS and I do believe COMMUNICATION is very Important to me that's why I do try to find you online every now and then to talk with you - because I believe through this process we get to know more about each ..Will you send me your pics??
Can we be friends your highness pleaseeeeeeee..
he is using the email Lueker Glen <[email protected]>
#123438 by wyldcatt Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:14 pm
Nope thats not him, i am in the process of editing the photo he sent me as to protect the small child who is in it, and will post it when i am done
#123446 by Dotti Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:28 pm
Scammers often change fake names and photos, but continue to use the same scripts. Scammers will also steal/copy scripts from other scammers.

This is one reason we ask people to post the scripts. Sometimes when a victim comes here, he or she still has a hard time believing the person he/she is talking to is not real. When that happens, seeing the same script from another scammer can be the key to helping them understand and recognize the truth.

#123490 by wyldcatt Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:56 am
Oh i do believe it is a scam and i knew when he said i had to pay for him to come here, just needed to verify when i joined, he believes im going to send him more money today...lol well not gonna happen, ive cut all ties, now if only he would stop texting me, may need to change cell phone number, thanks for all your help even though this one got 200 from me he wont be getting anymore, and i hope to help save someone else from this loser
#127196 by Cowgirl_lostincity Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:16 pm
Someone was chatting with me saying he was Sgt Jeffery James Miller and was stationed in Kubal, Afghanistan, He was from Ft Hood. He was an MOS E-5 (and since my best friend is Army vet and her son is currently in the Army I know is meaningless). He wantd money for a vocational leave. He was born Apace Junction, Arizona and an only child. His email is [email protected] his commander's email is [email protected] Needless to say I know he was trying to scam me, but wanted to post this so if he tries same info again someone else can be forwarnd. Met him on myspace.
#127228 by began steele Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:38 am
Hello Cowgirl_lostincity / You are dealing with one of the most prolific military scammers there is. This one uses pics of LT JEFF MILLER and if you see a profile with any of him it's a scam. Google pic search is the easy way to check photos. The other soldier whose pics are used is SSgt Aaron Ramos and the same rule applies .
I checked his email address [email protected] using this tool. http://www.romancescam.com/results.php and it gives me a profile on Tagged and I add the photo used by your scammer.
http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5433286942
Jeffery M

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#140096 by Spook Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:37 am
ladytee123 wrote: From: Jim Jerseley <[email protected]>
To: >
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2012 10:19 PM
Subject: babe!!!

hello darling,how u doing ? babe is been difficult for us to get to chat,i don't know whats wrong with me..i think i miss u so much and my soul desire to meet u..babe i wanna know how many months leave u want to request for because each month goes for 3500.00 USD.we really need to chat babe please come on let talk about it ok ....i miss u so much babe,i hope u doing pretty well ?

Up to his tricks again on badoo

Badoo (banned)

Hello Beauty,Damn what a profile...I Really Develop some interest in you but i am a shy type.sounds sexy and cute...tell me more about you.can i be your friend?You have the sweetest,kindest eyes I've seen on a woman.Such a great combination with your other great features!Tell me more about you..you are the most pretty cute woman i ever seen am here am seeking for passion and love.damsel and cute face...Oh My God you are lovely and having a nice profile cant wait to hear back from you...you can as well reach me on my yahoo [email protected] or add me for a chat i will really appreciate
#142385 by began steele Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:31 pm
John M http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5453237644
email address: [email protected]
Here is another profile of his Micheal J on Hi5 today. He is also on Tagged.
Andrea R http://www.hi5.com/profile.html?uid=5978176480

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#146318 by Lucmix Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:20 am
I know this is the year 2013 and I'm just saying something now about this guy [email protected], but I just recently found out that u could google someones pic. I found out about googling someones pic on the show Catfish saw the movie too. Great movie people should watch it and be aware. Anyway I communicated with this guy before about a couple years ago and had talked to him for a little bit until things just didn't start adding up. Thank God I didn't send him money , but I didn't have any money to send anyway. He didn't go under the name Barry thou. He went under the name Aaron Chase. I was even friends with him on facebook but noticed he didn't have a lot of info on the FB page and not a lot of friends. I also had looked at his myspace page and their was a lot of pics on that page but I think that was the real Aaron Chase's page on Myspace, but who knows. I never thought to look up Aaron's name on the search on FB until I got suspicious and when I typed in his name a whole bunch of Aaron Chases's profiles came up so I decided to look threw each one and of coarse I saw the Aaron Chase page that I was friends with. Then I looked some more and then I saw another profile with a different pic that I never saw before of Aaron Chase and clicked on it and low and behold it was him. This FB page was different as far as he had more info on it he had more friends on the page. He had his wife on there which she was suppose to be dead from cancer. He had his 2 kids he told me about on there and plus one more that he said was his niece, but really is his. Needless to say I think it was the real Aaron Chases's FB page. I even tried to message him to warn him that someone is using his pics and info and even sent his wife an friends request. At first his wife excepted me as a friend but by the time I noticed she had befriended me. So I don't know if he told her something to befriend me or he is his wife's profile and knew to befriend me or he is cheating on his wife and creating fake FB pages to talk to women and his wife doesn't know and he was trying to cover his ass. Who knows but he never friend ed me. So I reported the fake page and never talked to him again except for the couple of times he tried to talk to me on yahoo IM. I had told him I didn't want anything to do with him that he was a fake and I knew it and he couldn't convince me other wise. I know now not to tell them I know they r a fake but back then it was all new to me and I just wanted to call him out. Now I know the way these scammers talk, the sob stories they tell and key words they may use to talk to u. So I just wanted to let everyone know that this guy Barry also was using the name Aaron Chase. Thanks Here's his myspace page and Face book page (I think the FB page is real thou and maybe the Myspace page, but the one that I had friended on FB wasn't like the one I have here as far as info and friends and stuff)

links removed by dotti to protect the innocent and avoid handing more resources to scammers
#146332 by began steele Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:36 am
The real soldier would know his pictures are stolen and if married why is he hunting women openly? I believe his wife is alive and if they married 2009 then they probably still are. I don't know if the profiles you give are real, the Facebook one has a few mistakes such as working in health and in Army at same time, but they may just be mistakes. One certain way to tell a Military scammer is if he askes for money for leave, gets forms sent for leave from some army officer, wants a phone, and if he will not give you a .mil email address and tells you he can't tell you. All of those are lies. Dead wives from cancer are a clue to a scammer . Soldiers are not in Iraq, Libya, Syria , Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Sudan. They are not on Yahoo chat all day long. They do not ask for money and they write proper English. If they are in Afghanistan they are not on chat line to you and sending emails using Yahoo. They are not in Special Forces, special operations etc. If they were they would not tell you and not even tell you where they were. The moment a so called soldier suggest you send money or needs money then you depart without a word. There are so many Mil scams here you can read them and see what scammers do.

#146362 by Dotti Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:11 am
So I don't know if he told her something to befriend me or he is his wife's profile and knew to befriend me or he is cheating on his wife and creating fake FB pages to talk to women and his wife doesn't know and he was trying to cover his ass.

More likely, if it is his real page, he told his wife about your PM, and they chose to stay away. He and his wife probably want to have their own private lives. There is absolutely nothing to suggest he is in any way behind the fake facebook pages.

There are several reasons we discourage contacting the people behind the photos. Many of them DO already know, but there is absolutely nothing they can do about photos that have been stolen and saved to the scammers' computers. Some are not nice people, and have been unfriendly or downright mean to victims who have contacted them, and the victims have ended up more hurt. And unfortunately, many are perfectly nice people who have also had to deal with confused or unstable victims who have located them and accused them of being scammers, or overwrought victims who have tried to establish a relationship or lean on them for sympathy or support (whether or not they are married.) And some have had their families harassed, too. They don't know you. They have no way of knowing if you are a stable, normal person, or someone who is emotionally in a bad place who will make their lives more difficult. They don't have to try to find out, either. If your PM was clear, then it's safe to assume he knows about the use of his photos. There is no reason it needs to go any further.

I know it is unintentional, but any time a victim posts the real person's information with comments or speculations like these, the real person and his reputation is being hurt as a result of something he cannot control. And of course it will lead to him not wanting to have interaction with former victims.

I am removing the link to the facebook profile that appears to be real.