Information on romance scams and scammers.
Advertisement

#193592 by Bryon Williams Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:22 pm
^^^^
How to post photos: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219 I use scamwarners it is easy and you can mark the photo's as required. If there are children in the photo's please cover their faces.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#209869 by Smith Jones Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:52 pm
Hi Diwata, looks like you recently got contacted by this scammer with a new profile. Can you post any emails or pictures to help us identify his new details? Did you end up getting into an online relationship with this liar? Please let us know any details you can help with and let us know any support you need.
#210050 by began steele Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:15 am
I am dealing with this criminal and looking at what it is up to. Bear with me as I am out all day and will post the pics and warn victims, and hopefully get the info collected. It is targeting Filipino women.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#210691 by zai Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:13 am
my sister got the same message on facebook

How are you today? My names are Brown Wayne. I found your profile here and i was inspired. I am a British Citizen an engineer, you are so beautiful. What is your age and what do you do for living? I will like to know more about you. It will be nice to receive your response and know more about you Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks for the compliment, my names are Brown Wayne from British Citizen,Am 43 years old.I am an Engineer by profession. I like your profile and you look so beautiful. I work with Marine shipping company Ltd here in the U.K. I have been with the company for 13 years as a director of operations in the SHIP. I will like to know more about you and what you do for living? I am the only child of my late parents, I was married before, but lost my wife in a car wreck five years ago.May her soul rest in peace. I have one daughter, Her name is Benedicta and she is 8 years old now. I want to spend the rest of my life with someone who is friendly, honest, caring, trustworthy and God fearing. I find very much peace and tranquility here. I`m 5`11" 190 bls with a athletic build, mentally stable, physically fit, a bunch of laughs, warm, caring, honest, a good listener, God Fearing, and a positive person.I am real easy person to talk to and a loving and outgoing father. I enjoy playing sax which i do often at my leisure time. I like going to the movies, or watching movies in my room or Cabin, I like swimming, listening to music and dance to any kind of music, I sing, sailing, going bowling and also a good cook. I am a family oriented person, love children and there is more, but it would be better for you to find some things out for yourself. I want to know more about your family, your background, your life experiences, past relationships, your goals and dreams, your interests, and anything else you want to tell me. Hope to hear from you soon.Until then have a pleasant day. From Brown Wayne.

I do not have Skype because of my job, I am happy to read all the message and I want you to know that I have been looking for good partner in my life and now that I have found you....in short I got your face book profile when I was looking for serious relationship so I decided to contact you for a reason and I know you will be a nice person... I hope you have already read more about me in my first introduction...I will meet you in person as we get to know each other better, do you live alone?, I live alone with my little daughter Benedicta who is 8 yrs old, but any time am traveling for work I always get a domestic helper that take care of her until I return back from traveling that is why I really need partner in my life, someone that is ready to live with me forever... looking forward to hear from you soon.

I am happy to read your message, tell me your favorite food and what are the things you hate most, how do you live your life,do you like going to party,beach or club? do you smoke or drink alcohol?..I will like to know more about you and how you enjoy your life do you live with your family?Are you in any relationship now?, Tell me your past relationship and how you spend your life with friends.I will like to know you in person as we get to know each other better. I told my little daughter Benedicta about you and she was very happy and also she is willing to meet you in person. Looking forward to hear from you soon..

Thanks so much for your message,actually I really need serious partner in my life, someone that will be taking good care of my little daughter Benedicta and that's also ready to live with me until death do us apart.As a sailor I don't always have time to be at home,I spend most of my time in my work because as a sailor we don't always have the time at home but I will be putting my resignation as soon as I get woman of my choice to settle down with and I prayed that you should be one of the woman of my choice in life. I think you must be a honest person, please don't always delay to write me on time and I will be coming to meet you in person as soon as we get to know each other better. Like as I told you in my first introduction, I don't have any family and my parents have past away and also there is no relative. I live alone with my little daughter Benedicta but when ever am traveling with my job I always get a domestic helper who take's care of her until I return back from my trip, because of all this that is why I really need good partner that will live with me forever. since the death of my wife I have no any relationship and my job don't allow me to have the chance for anything. Thanks so much for having enough time to write me always and here is my contact phone number +44-7010120715 I will be expecting your next message soon .

Thanks so much for your message, I am marine engineer . I want you to know that I am just new in this face book due to the fact that I need someone to be my life partner. We shall get to know each other better if our relationship continue to grow in faith and I will be happy if everything work together for us in future to become in one family and to live together forever. As we get to know each other better, I will be coming to meet you in your country. Always take good care of your self......waiting to read your next message..

im thankful because i discovered this forum,
here is the link of his facebook profilehttps://www.facebook.com/brown.wayne.142
#211331 by Whitney Morris Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:49 pm
OMG! I think I have been scamed also but this person goes by a different name, change the characters' name in his messages and have a different profile picture. I have replied to this person for a whole week. Most of these messages I have read are similar to the ones he sent me. WOW I have also sent him my name and number n a couple pictures of me. The thing is he actually replies like it is so easssyyyyyy. I feel like such a fool. here is an example of one of his messages.

Hello Beauty, How are you today. Thanks for your revert back message. It gives me courage that my good dreams are already coming to pass. I will like to tell you more about myself but where do I start from okay. My name is Daniel Vinyard. I am England born I am an Engineer by profession. I like your profile and you look so beautiful. I work with Marine shipping company Ltd here in the U.K. I have been with the company for 15 years as the director of operations. I am the only child of my late parents Professor Andrew Vinyard and Dr.Mrs Rose Vinyard of the blessed memory. I was married before, but lost my wife in a car wreck three years ago. May her soul rest in peace. Sincerely I have one daughter, Her name is Benedicta and she is ten years old now. I want to spend the rest of my life with someone who is friendly, honest, caring, trustworthy and God fearing. I find very much peace and tranquility here. I`m 6`11" 190 bls with an athletic build, mentally stable, physically fit, a bunch of laughs, warm, caring, honest, a good listener, God Fearing, and a positive person. I am real easy person to talk to and a loving and outgoing father. I like going to the movies, or watching movies in my room or Cabin, I like swimming, listening to music and dance to any kind of music, I sing, sailing, going bowling and also a good cook. I am a family oriented person, love children and there is more, but it would be better for you to find some things out for yourself. It is very important for me to build a life of stability, security, and opportunity for the special person I hope to share my thoughts, feelings, experiences, dreams and fantasies with, and to offer the best opportunities for any kid that might be included in my life, both mine and that special person's children, and that is my focus at this time and I also do enjoy my job though risky because we are always on the high sea as a Ship Engineer. I am really interested in wanting to know about what makes you the special person you are today, I want to know more about your family, your background, your life experiences, past relationships, your goals and dreams, your interests, and anything else you want to tell me. I even want to learn about the secrets you very rarely share with someone!. So come on and share it all with me, as I am not here to talk to you about general things such as partying, the weather, sports, e.t.c. I want to learn about you and what makes up your heart and soul, as the friendship I want to build with you I want it to be like no other you have ever shared in or experienced. This friendship I want to build with you will be filled with substance, quality, spirituality, love, faithfulness and potential. Hope i didn't write much of a novel.............lol. Hope to hear from you soon. Until then have a pleasant day. Engr. Daniel Vinyard +447937432085
#211332 by Whitney Morris Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:57 pm
hi here's another!

Hello Angel, I was so much excited to read your mail and thanks so much for taking your time to write me. I am confident you are in good health now. Honestly, there is so much I want to tell you and so many things I want to ask you, I don't know where to start. I am new at this online dating thing so please understand if I am a little awkward at it. I am writing this message to you not for the fun of it, but because I want you to take some time for yourself and read carefully. Let me start by saying that I thank God I met you. As you may have known, the fountain of any relationship must spring up in the mind. It is very important for me to express to you how much you really mean to me. I wish I could do this in person while gazing into your eyes, but since we are physically separated by miles of emptiness, this expression must come in the form of letters such as this. To me, you are first of all my friend and then...... something more greater in the near future..... God willing. To be honest with you, I am really short of words here, but one thing I do know is that I have the arms to give you a hug, ears to listen to whatever you want to talk about through chat, mail or phone, and I have a heart; a heart that is aching to see your smile. I would like to use this opportunity to say...I am delighted to have met you. To tell you more about me, I am an honest, kindhearted, hardworking man who does need the support of a loving woman. Ideally, l am someone who is confident in what he want and who he is. We all face tough situations in our lives and we sometimes tend to be mislead by it. A lot of times we often tend to give up. In this life, I have chosen to give up numerous times but I am proud to say that I have also chosen to stay strong and be patient all these years..... which has now led to my finding you. He who seek happiness; they say, by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts and multiply the grief which he purposes to remove. Your living is determined not so much by what life brings you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens. This is the reason I have decided to move on in life in spite of my incalculable loss. Yes! Distance doesn't permit the action to be seen, rather, words convey the feelings when distance hinders. No matter the distance that separates us now, I can assure you that this gap will be bridged as we really get to know each other. As the saying goes: "True Love and Friendship knows no boundaries and no distance; miles and obstacles mean absolutely nothing in the face of love" Though miles may lie between us right now, we'll never be apart forever, for friendship doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart. Now that dishonesty and disbelieve seems to be taking over our souls these days, to know there are people like you makes all the problems look smaller. It’s great to be your friend and to be able to look into the future and see a mix of serenity and hope. This fairly recent friendship is something I consider to be sacred already. It makes me have faith again in some simple but fundamental human values which sometimes; for the lack of practice, we swipe under the carpets of our memories and of our hearts. For me, this new friendship is precious and that’s why I intend to keep it till the end of my days. I believe we can achieve that, because I have faith in you and I have more and more faith in life and in the future. Those who have a friend like you fear nothing. Always bear in mind that my affection and true friendship will be yours forever. My job will be taking me to AUSTRALIA by today (Sailing for a month plus ....here is my Mobile No: +447937432085) Hug and sweet kisses Sincerely, Engr. Daniel Vinyard
#211346 by Whitney Morris Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:01 am
hi trying to send the pic of the person Daniel Vinyard is posing as. Dont know if it is working out thou. Try copy n paste that didn't work either.

Last edited by Bryon Williams on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Tagged photo.
#223561 by Hura Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:06 pm
I also received a message on facebook similar content. I just spoke with him a few days ago.

When I find information about him on google, I found this site. lucky for me. Thanks for the information I found.

>>>> This is what he wrote to me.

Your profile looks interesting and you've got a gorgeous smile.
would love to know you better.

My name is Patrick Owen. United Kingdom citizen. I am an Engineer by profession. I like your profile and you look so beautiful. I work with Marine shipping company Ltd here in the U.K. I have been with the company for 19 years as the director of operations.I was married before, but lost my wife six years ago. I have one daughter, Her name is Becky and she is ten years old now. I want to spend the rest of my life with someone who is friendly, honest, caring, trustworthy and God fearing. I find very much peace and tranquility here.

I have a warm and friendly feeling as I think of you today;And I wish that we could visit,But you're many miles away.Separated by such distance,Yet our emails bring us near, Through the miles we share a friendship That's become to me most dear. Friends through correspondence; Still, your face I need not see For your soul shines through the words every time you write to me.You have a special way of writing, Warming as the sunshine rays,Bringing joy and inspiration, Brightening up my days.You have enriched my life my dear one and I'm glad that God brought us together.

It’s great to be your friend and to be able to look into the future and see a mix of serenity and hope. This fairly recent friendship is something I consider to be sacred already. It makes me have faith again in some simple but fundamental human values which sometimes; for the lack of practice, we swipe under the carpets of our memories and of our hearts. For me, this new friendship is precious and that’s why I intend to keep it till the end of my days. I believe we can achieve that, because I have faith in you and I have more and more faith in life and in the future. Those who have a friend like you fear nothing.

Always bear in mind that my affection and true friendship will be yours forever. My job will be taking me to AUSTRALIA by today (Sailing for a month....here is my contact phone number +447010025237.

Hug and sweet kisses
Sincerely

This is his Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/patrickowen89
#223703 by began steele Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:26 pm
+447010025237. Redirect number to West Africa.
Director of Operations at Marine shipping company Ltd
13 April 1995 to present
Studied at fulham :=)
Past: Fulham County Grammar School :yikes:
Lives in Fulham, United Kingdom
From London, United Kingdom

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#275968 by angelsuela Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:47 am
Hi sir! Ive been chatting over a british seaman and he said his gonna send me his docu and money and i tried just now to know the company his working at it leads me in here iam nervous because i gave him my personal information to send me the docu and the money i just figured put that it maybe a scam or something am i going to be in trouble? Pls i need your help
#276024 by Bryon Williams Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:25 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

It is a scam.

Stop all contact with everyone you are talking to.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/