Information on romance scams and scammers.
#289922 by Bonnylass Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:18 pm
This guy has just started a conversation with me....with very good looking pictures of himself, may I add...as well as a cute daughter...but I got suspicious this morning when realizing there were only 6-7 profile pictures of him posted on Thursday....he sent me the ad request on Thursday evening and Friday morning he got in touch. He goes by the name of Paul Edwards. He is searching for a partner to look after him & his daughter...I foolishly replied this morning that I am already married...as I told him in my initial email..but he did not seem to pay attention....I guess I felt sorry for his 'lack of family status'....but luckily never gave any personal information about where I live (town) or where I work..or any contact details etc. I gently turned him down lol!!! But he has not yet checked my messages...so now that this IS a scam, I am going to block him before he can reach me!!

I will send his conversation, but not mine to you here & see if I can forward the pictures he used!

Paul Edward
Hello
How are you ?
Paul Edward
25/03/2016 15:39
Paul Edward
Thank you for your respond, i will like to tell you more about my self , my name is Paul Edward I'm British Citizen, I'm an Engineering by professional. I like your profile, I work with Marine shipping company Ltd here in the U.K. I have been with the company for 13 years as a director of operations and also the chief Engineering in the SHIP, I am the only child of my late parents, I was married before, but lost my wife years ago.
I have one daughter, Her name is Nancy and she is 6 years old, I will like to know more about yourself.

Paul Edward
I'm glad to hear from you today, please tell me about your Hobbies, what are the things you do in your free time, how do you live your life,I will like to know more about you,and how you enjoy your life do you live with your family?Are you in any relationship now?, Tell me your past relationship,I will like to meet you in person to discus, as we get to know each other better. I told my little daughter Nancy about you and she was very happy and also she is willing to meet you in person. Looking forward to hear from you soon.
Today

Paul Edward
Actually I need a serious partner,someone who will care for me and also care for my little daughter, someone who is ready to live the the rest of her life with me until death do us apart.As a sailor I don't always have time to be at home,I spend most of my time in my work, but I will be putting my resignation as soon as I get woman of my choice to settle down with me,and I prayed that woman should be you.I think you must be a honest God fearing person, please don't delay to write me, and I will be coming to meet you in person as soon as we get to know each other better. Like as I told you in my first introduction, I don't have any family and my parents have past away and also there is no relative. I live alone with my little daughter Nancy, I have no relationship. my job don't allow me to have the chance for anything. Thanks so much for having enough time to write me always, and I will be expecting your message
soon. [This I received early this morning]
Advertisement

#289923 by Bryon Williams Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:22 pm
Welcome to Scamwarner,

What email address did he use or did he use FB? What is his FB link?

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#290838 by Lynnea Wyatt Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:07 pm
I'm totally a head over heels victim of this one. I got not one but 2 of his phone numbers, emailed him and got replies, wow. What an idiot I am.
#290840 by Tim Atem Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:36 pm
Thank you for posting Lynnea - if that is your real name than you need to contact one of the Admins (usernames in red) and have it changed.

What emails and phone numbers did they use with you? Can you post some of the emails with your personal information removed?

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#290862 by Bryon Williams Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:42 pm
Pm me or any mod with three choices. From #1 choice down to your last choice.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#306202 by Melinda hoo Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:52 am
Last night 8:45pm the name Henry Christopher send me a message again his message is My dearest wife How are you hope your fine as always I really miss you,we are now in laban island close to India ocean and our ship have developed fault major problem and we are now moving in very slow place pls pray for our safety and all the crews of the ship,honey my problem now is my valuable documents and my money I kept in my cabin safe I know that I can trust you my love so I want you to keep my documents and money Intel we meet I already arrange this to the insurance by the ship pls send your complete address and full name,and valid I'd for your identification...this the last message last night by the scammer name Henry Christopher.. He is also chief ingeneer in marine shipping company UK ltd..he has one daughter name Jennifer 4yrs old,and 13yrs in the company,the same story,I have his picture but I don't know how to send here in your website.. He is still in fb scammer with a new name Henry Christopher I meet him July 15 2016..but I did not give my address and full name lucky for me..thank you again I found this website before its too late..
#308732 by jsb1974 Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:31 pm
I just received a Facebook Message from FRANK MORRIS

My name is Frank Morris,i am 49 years. I am from Kingston,Ontario Canada. I am an Engineer by profession. I like your profile and you look so beautiful. I work with Marine shipping company Ltd here in the U.K. I have been with the company for 13 years as the director of operation.

I am the only child of my late parents Professor and Dr. Mrs Benson Morris of the blessed memory. I was married before, but lost my wife in a car wreck three years ago.May her soul rest in peace. I have one Son, His name is Micheal and he is ten years old now.
================
No email or any information on his profile. Have already blocked the bloke.

Im so glad I thought of searching about the message he sent because it sounded and felt too "scripted" for me. Thank you for giving warnings of all sorts regarding men like these.

I am not able to send the photo so others may be warned. Thanks again
#333047 by Nmmfirefox Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:03 pm
I can't believe this is still a scam going on today your posts were from 2012... I met this guy on a dating site Plenty of Fish I haven't reported his profile yet. Still haven't called him out yet.

This is his email to me:
Thank you so much for your mail and for the open heart and sincerity.Good Afternoon to you and hope you are have a great and productive day with less stress.it was great getting you mail that you had your phone fixed.I will like to know more about you and I will also like to tell you more about myself.i will love us to have it in a right way too as well and meet face to face but it will be better meeting face to face and allowing our heart to take over us but we have to always start from some where to always get to great and higher point in life..where do I start from,okay. My name is Lane Morgan,I am originally from finland.i left for Uk at the age of 14 immediately after i lost my dad.i live with my mom younger sister in the Uk and i schooled and work there as well and i even meant my later wife in the Uk at school and we got married after school.I am an Engineer by profession,I work with Marine shipping company Ltd in the U.K.i worked with the company for 13 years as the director of operations before i became an independent contractor.i work for my self now and i am into maintenance of oil and gas pipeline.i relocated to the united state with my late wife through the advice of here Dad because her dad was also an Engineer as well just as me but in different filed.i was opportune to work here in the united state as an independent contractor through the help of my late wife dad,he was an engineer too and he introduced me to companies and fellow workers in the same field as well.I am the only child of my late father Professor Dr Morgan of the blessed memory. I was married before, but lost my wife last years in a bomb blast in Belgium.May her soul rest in peace;Amen. I have a son, His name is Micheal and he is 14 years old now. I want to spend the rest of my life with someone who is friendly, honest, caring, trustworthy and God fearing. I find very much peace and tranquility here. I`m 5`11" 190 bls with a athletic build, mentally stable, physically fit, a bunch of laughs, warm, caring, honest, a good listener, God Fearing, and a positive person.I am real easy person to talk to and a loving and outgoing father. I like going to the movies sometimes with my son,I like swimming,fishing,Camping,travel to explore new areas and get to see new things and experience some other cultures,listening to music and dance to slow music and also a good cook or just site at home and have fun with my son.I am a family oriented man, love children and there is more, but it would be better for you to find some things out for yourself.Hope to hear from you.
Lane.

What should I do now