Information on romance scams and scammers.
Advertisement

#212298 by HillBilly Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:54 pm
GHOST wrote: how do i put his pic up ??

Click on the link at the footer of my post and follow the directions in that article. Be sure to watermark the pic(s) with "used by a scammer" or another of the choices if you use scamwarners.com to store the pics on.

#231833 by GHOST Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:13 pm
HALLO I HAVE NOT BEEN VERY LONG TIME ON HERE BUT NOW WITH ALL THE BS GOING ON I HAVE FEW QUESTION AS I BEEN TOLD MANY THING BY A BOARD MEMBER ON ROMACE SCAMMER BUT SOME HOW A BOARD MEMBER FOUND ME ON FACEBOOK AND ASK ME QUESTION ABOUT A DUDE CAN SOME ONE PLEASE CLEAR FEW POINTS FOR ME PLEASE 1) DO REAL SOLDIER NEED TO PAY TO GET THERE MONEY SO THERE GET IT WHEN THERE ON LEAVE ? 2) DO THERE NEED TO PAY FOR THERE LEAVE LIKE LEAVEPASS OR MONEY TRANCFER ? 3) DO THERE HAVE AGENTS TO DO THERE MONEY TRANCFER IN NIGERIA ? 4) WHY THERE WANT TO COME TO THE WOMAN FIRST AND THEN GO HOME USA TO GET MARRIED ? 5)WHAT IS USA ARMY OR USA GOVERMENT DOING ABOUT THE SCAMMERS ? 6) WHAT DO SO CALLED USA SOLDIERS IN NIGERIA ? 7)HOW DO THE SO CALLED USA SOLDIERS CAN GET HOLD ON SOME ONES EMAIL ADDRESS IF THERE NOT ON ANY DATING OR CHAT SIDE ? CAN SOME ONE FROM A BOARD MEMBER ANSWER MY QUESTION TRUESFULL PLEASE AS AM GETTING VERY TIRED OF BEEN TOLD DIFFERANT ANSWERS TO MY QUESTION BY ROMANCE SO CALLED BOARD WOMAN
JUST FOUND ME SIDE AGAIN
GHOST :roll: :evil: :cry: :(
#231834 by HillBilly Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:38 pm
1) No
2) No
3) No
4) different scammers, different scams
5) see this article from the US army http://www.cid.army.mil/documents/Looko ... Scams2.pdf
6) There are very few soldiers in Nigeria. Those that are there are fighting Boka Harem and very likely can not often communicate with others.

There is a very good article here : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527 that describes the fake soldier romance scammer. read it and all of your questions will be answered.

Please turn off your CAPS LOCK when posting. :smile: :mrgreen:

#231835 by Bryon Williams Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:39 pm
1) DO REAL SOLDIER NEED TO PAY TO GET THERE MONEY SO THERE GET IT WHEN THERE ON LEAVE ? No, Soldier have access to their money. They do not need anyone to send them money.

2) DO THERE NEED TO PAY FOR THERE LEAVE LIKE LEAVEPASS OR MONEY TRANCFER ? No, Soldier get free leave. It part of their employment package. No one can request it for the soldier. Only the soldier can request it through his chain of Command. No one speaks with his chain of command but the soldier only. No wife, children, mother or internet girlfriend will ever communicate with the chain of command.

3) DO THERE HAVE AGENTS TO DO THERE MONEY TRANCFER IN NIGERIA ? No. This is something made up by scammers.

4) WHY THERE WANT TO COME TO THE WOMAN FIRST AND THEN GO HOME USA TO GET MARRIED ? It is a scam. The scammer is looking for lonely women to steal their money. He is already home in Nigeria.

5)WHAT IS USA ARMY OR USA GOVERMENT DOING ABOUT THE SCAMMERS ? Read here>> http://www.army.mil/article/130861/Army ... nce_scams/

6) WHAT DO SO CALLED USA SOLDIERS IN NIGERIA ? There are no USA Soldiers in Nigeria. Only scammers pretending to be soldiers.

7)HOW DO THE SO CALLED USA SOLDIERS CAN GET HOLD ON SOME ONES EMAIL ADDRESS IF THERE NOT ON ANY DATING OR CHAT SIDE ? Sometimes from past victims or mail list.

Please read here about Military Scammers>> viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#231837 by Dotti Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:11 am
Hillbilly and Bryon have both done an excellent job of answering your questions. For the sake of anyone reading this who is completely unfamiliar with these scams, I will add a little more detail to a few of the answers.

4) They say they want to come to the lady first because they expect that she will be more willing to send money if they are coming to see her than if they say they are going to USA.
As Bryon said, neither is true. They are not coming to see the lady, and they are not going to USA. They are already at home in Nigeria (or in some cases another country like Ghana or Malaysia) and they are not leaving there.

6) There are no units or troops in Nigeria. As Hillbilly stated, there are a few people from the US military who may still be there supporting the effort to fight Boko Haram, but they are on highly confidential missions, and will NOT be allowed to be on dating sites or meeting strangers on Facebook. Any one who tells you that he is an American soldier stationed in Nigeria is a liar and a thief.

7) Unfortunately, because you were scammed in the past, you will continue to be a target for scammers in the future. Sometimes the same scammer will try to approach you again using a new name, new photos, and an updated story, while other times he will share or sell your information to other scammers. Either way, the sad reality i that anyone who has once been a victim to these scammers will find herself to be a target over and over again.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#231839 by GHOST Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:45 am
hi yea you are right i been scammed befor but i do not send any thing becoc am very carefull after the first time and yea online love but is never real love face to face and any body wants money i say you send me first and i send some back but there never do as i know there never do and the storys i been told by them oh my lord but all so i know there not true as i sayed romance scammer side told every body that real soldiers got online banking and can get to there money any time there want no matter where there are but why will a board member from that side looking for me on facebook and ask me what am i to a dude and then told me he is a scammer as he all ready told me she wanted him but he sayed no but she never put his name or pic on there as scammer plus i was told other things i can not say here i just wanted to know all correctly befor i answer question from woman here in uk where i live and any ask me if it is ok to send gifts to there kids in nigeria i sayed no as it is not real thank you for answering all my question
ghost
#232132 by GHOST Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:32 am
hi i found out with long talk to her she is in fear as she was told if she say any thing to any one he will send some people to kill her i told her to tell him she moved and to give him my address she was ok with it but not tell him is my address as i told her she can stay with me i been there and had some dudes and nothing i will find out who it is she is to much in fear i will help her and find out all i can she only told me becoc she was hearing me telling a friend about it
#232136 by AlanJones Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:59 am
The best advice you can give her is to stop all communication with the scammer. Don't give any explanations, don't accuse him of being a scammer, just stop replying and block his emails. All the time your friend is communicating with the scammer, he will see a chance to steal from her and will use whatever threats he thinks will work best to get her to send him money.

And please, as Dotti said, encourage her to visit here herself. She doesn't need to post, she can PM one of the support team and we will help her.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#232141 by GHOST Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:05 am
hi she try to block him but as you know your self there come back under other name i told her all about it what and how there do it and no she has not send any money and will not send any thing as he tryed all tricks in there book but she will not come here is fear stopping here i told here every thing but still no she trust me yes i hold a eye on here as she told me to do as i think is the same dude that scammed me but she told me some lawer from nigeria will help her she given me there address i will post it next time as i wait for her now but i think i know who that is just need confermation i will do all i can to help
#232147 by HillBilly Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:06 am
Real lawyers do not use free email addresses ( such as gmail, hotmail, lawyer.com, usa.com or dozens of other domains). Then she must look to see if it is a real lawyer, or if it is impersonating a real one. ( I'd guarantee it is an impersonation). But here is the link for the Nigerian Bar association : http://www.nigerianbar.org.ng/

See if this "lawyer" can be found there, and if it not a free email address it comes from. See this article about free email domains that don't always look like free ones : http://www.scam-email-addresses.tk/
and here : http://419advancefeefraud.blogspot.com/ ... esses.html

#232179 by GHOST Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:24 am
i give up some times but one good thing there not paying any thing new thing is there want to retirer how do a soldier do it ? why do there asking for money from woman to do
it ? there do not asking for small amount but very big amount so she can get there money in to her account i told her never ever tell them any thing about your account i just wish she stop been in fear of them as this is a new dude now and stop talking to them can some one please explain to me about soldier retirerment and how it works if there retirer from warzone or where there live ?? thank you :(
#232211 by HillBilly Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:04 pm
GHOST wrote: why do there asking for money from woman to do it ? can some one please explain to me about soldier retirerment and how it works if there retirer from warzone or where there live ?? thank you :(

First of all, Ghost. Your friend is talking to a scammer(s), not real military personnel. Scammers scam because they are criminals and find it easier to steal money from someone else, rather than work a legitimate job to begin with. scammers are scum, they will steal the battery from someone with a pacemaker on their heart if they think they can make money on the sale of it, then leave that person for dead.

No real person in the military would ask their partner for anything, its taught to them (more like drilled into them) to be self sufficient.

The military does not charge for retirement. You've asked a question with a lot of variables in it. So here is an official page that you can fill in those variables and find out the answer for yourself.

http://myarmybenefits.us.army.mil/Home/ ... l?serv=148

The short answer is, there is no difference in how the pay will be received. It will still be monthly pay. But the amount may change depending on the variables in the equation.

http://google.com/ ghost. Always remember Google is your friend. (google)

#232224 by GHOST Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:24 pm
hi i showed her what you sayed and this dude is a new one she talking to but she blocked him now as i told her real soldiers do not ask for any money ever as that is a insuld to any army so not i pray hope she will come on here and talk her self to you i shown her all i have here of information about army plus the games scammers playing online thank you for every help you was given me so she belive me now :roll: :)