Information on romance scams and scammers.
Advertisement

#152676 by began steele Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:20 am
Ghost there are none there. BUT DO NOT TELL SCAMMERS THIS .If a victim sees it they might be warned by the mistake. We want uneducated scammers who tell bad lies that do not get believed . Sounds like someone working in the place where the money is collected has access to WU computers and can see the transfers .Could you PM me one or two expired MTCN and I will work on the matter with WU and see if it can get shut down.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#155684 by Mountainmaiden Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:45 pm
Yes , these guy's are uneducated , I asked someone what Unit he was in , and he said > The US Army
Wrong Answer > Removed information which would educate a scammer. ~Bubbles :laugh-s:

They think they are smart , but they need to brush up better on the job they supposidly work at so they can give correct answer's to your question's.
#155758 by Bubbles Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:05 pm
We don't want them educated and able to give correct answers. We do not want to educate them at all. We want them to make mistakes that tip victims off.

Please everyone, do NOT educate scammers when they give incorrect answers. Just walk away and let that ignorance protect another victims.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#155841 by GHOST Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 am
HI
I ASK A FRIEND IN WESTERN UNION AND HE TOLD ME..... IN SOME COUNTRYS,,,,, THERE CAN PICK IT,,,,, ALL THERE NEED IS THE NAME ,,,,,THERE WANT YOU TO SEND IT,,,,,,IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN AND EFCC THERE HAVE HELP FROM OTHER PEOPLE ,,,,THERE SAY THERE HAD THERE MONEY BACK ,,,PLEASE DO NOT BELIEVE THEM ,,,IS ALL A LIE ,,,IF I SPELL SOME THING WRONG SORRY BUT I HAVE TO THINK IN GERMAN AND ENGLISH FAST ,,,,BUT WE ALL LEARN IN ONE WAY OR OTHER ,,,JUST WISH PEOPLE LEARN FAST AND DO NOT FALL LIKE I DID ,,,
#156055 by jolly_roger Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:22 am
That is correct GHOST.
Scammers favour wu and moneygram because the money tranference is quick for them. Scammers will say is quick, easy and safe with wu / mg.
a) Quick: That means is faster for the scammer to obtain funds sent. If people sent money through a nominated bank it would be more difficult for the receiver. There would be like a paper trail to follow but scammers do not want traceability.

b) Easy: Being easy for the scammer. I've stated in an earlier post that very flimsy ID is all that's required sometimes. Proper valid identification is not shown or asked for in some instances. Once again is easy for the receiver to simply collect the cash and disappear into the sunset. Once again very minimul paperwork and once the money is collected, no recourse is available. If things go pear shaped, the sender cannot find any info about the receiver for apparently 'privacy reasons'.

c) Safe: Like any large organization, it would be safe to transfer money in such a way. But wu etc should only be used to transfer money to family, friends or trustworthy people.
Unfortunate to say scammers simply exploit the wire transfer services and use them for the wrong reasons.
#158796 by GHOST Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:57 am
HALLO QUESTIONS : HOW CAN SOME ONE TALK TO A SOLDIER? VIA PHONE ??? IF SOME ONE CAN TALK TO SOLDIERS? HOW MUCH CAN IT COST ???? WHAT IS TS2 ????? TEST SHOT 2 TIMES :roll: WHY DO SOLDIERS? WANT A MOBILY PHONE TO USE OR SELL ??? WHY DO SOLDIERS? WANT SIM CARDS ????? DO SOLDIERS? HAVE MOBILY PHONES GIVEN BY US ARMY ????? WHYIS IT ALL WAYS USA SOLDIERS ????WHY NOT UK OR FRENCH SOLDIERS ?????? PLEASE ANSWER WHY PERSONAL OR VIA POST THANK YOU
#158799 by Clair Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:35 am
Ghost, The person you are communicating with is not a soldier. He is a scammer pretending to be a soldier. Soldiers do no need to ask people for money, the government provides ways for them to communicate with their family and friends.
#158800 by Dotti Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:39 am
TS2 is a real satellite phone company. It really does offer satellite phones to soldiers and individuals.

But that's where the truth ends, and the lies begin.
Scammers like to create fake TS2 email addresses (and sometimes websites) and convince victims that they have to subscribe to a satellite plan in order to speak to them. That is NOT true.

Real soldiers are given the opportunity to make phone calls to their loved ones through their base. They are also able to get low-cost prepaid cards for minutes. Many have access to VOIP services as well. There are also various charity organizations that provide calling cards for soldiers in need.

If a soldier had a satellite phone (as I already stated he doesn't need one, but in some locations he still has the option to get one for himself, if he wants to pay for one), HE would be the one to have a subscription, not YOU. It's like having your own cell phone. You pay for your own phone package. You don't ask the people who call you to pay for your cell phone plan!

Real soldiers are PAID. They can access their money. There is NO valid reason why you would have to send any money to ANYONE in order to speak to a soldier. The only bill you would be paying is the regular cost to your OWN phone provider for the international call.

In fact, this scam is so common that the real TS2 has posted a warning about it: http://www.ts2.pl/en/Scam-Warning

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#158803 by jolly_roger Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:57 am
Please read this first >> http://usgovinfo.about.com/b/2011/10/24 ... online.htm

To talk with a soldier on the phone would incur normal billing charges from the service provider. The TS2 is like a satellite communicator. The soldiers do not want a mobile phone, the scammers do. The TS2 phone scams have been previously written of in the forum. The scammer can make a lot of money from selling the phone and SIM cards.(Scroll to the top of this page and type the words, TS2 into the site search and the results will amaze you)
The military, like all other government departments is funded by the taxpayer. Yes that’s right, people like you and I. The military personnel have no need of asking people to send goods of any kind or pay for their leave. Everything a soldier needs being supplied by the Army. Anything to the contrary is a lie.
Last edited by jolly_roger on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
#158804 by began steele Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:59 am
Ghost- this scammer thinks he has another way to get you to send money via Western Union or MoneyGram. We have said it is always a scam, so just vanish. A business can't accept money using these methods anyway. The transfer rules don't allow it. Would you please post the latest scammer details about this, and who is this fake soldier and the fake request for phone link? It is just a scam with another twist. NEVER SEND MONEY TO A PERSON ON THE INTERNET.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#158807 by GHOST Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:08 am
HI AS YOU SAYED REAL SOLDIERS ARE PAYED ,,, THEY CAN ASSESS THEIR MONEY ,,NOW AM THINKING HOW CAN THERE GET MONEY FROM THERE BANK OR ARMY PAY THEM SOME MONEY ??? WHY CAN ANY ONE SCAM THEM THEN ??? LOOKING TO ME MORE LIES AGAIN FOR SCAMMERS ... I TRY TO UNDERSTAND THE WORLD THIS DAYS ,,,BUT I CAN NOT ,,,THERE IS MORE :twisted: BAD DEVILS WORK IN THIS WORLD ..THEN EVER BEFOR ,,,INTERNET CRIME IS ON THE UP ....IS THE DEVIL WINNING? / I DO NOT THINK SO :bondage: AS ONE DAY ALL THIS WILL END.. AS THE LORD WORKS IN MISTERIOUSE WAYS >>>>BUT THE HURT PEOPLE GO TRUE ..IS HURTING ME ..AS I BEEN THERE AND JUST ABOUT GET BACK ON MY FEETH..I JUST PRAY HOPE PEOPLE WILL READ THIS ... THANK YOU
#158812 by jolly_roger Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:37 am
Yes that is correct because real soldiers are paid wages. Like you when payday arrives, your wage is paid by the employer. Soldiers have access to all they need. No, the scammer tricksters are not winning. By exposing scams, publishing all the information possible and education is proving it's worth. Sad to hear you still hurting but the pain will subside and your strength will shine through.
#158813 by Dotti Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:00 pm
Real soldiers are not involved in these scams at all. The soldiers aren't losing money, though they are put in the unfortunate position of having their photos stolen.

Just keep in mind one simple rule. Real soldiers do NOT need to ask people they met online to send money, EVER.

Anyone who tells you that he is a soldier and then asks you to send money to anyone, whether it's supposedly going to him or his family, the military, a phone company, a diplomat, or anyone else--is not a soldier at all--he is a scammer pretending to be a solder.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.