Information on romance scams and scammers.
#32019 by shameonyou Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:46 am
July 1, 2010

This guy is still around. I just found out, I've been a victim.

Other known sites:
Plenty of Fish
Facebook

He is going by the Major Aaron Chronis
I have received almost the same identical emails that are already posted on this site. I also have 3 additional pictures that are not shown on this site.

He sent me flowers and a teddy bear by FTD on this past Tuesday.

He is currently using the following email address:
[email protected]
Advertisement

#32028 by Ralph Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:05 am
hi shameonyou, welcome to Scamwarners.

I am sorry that you have been hurt by this scammer but relieved you now know the truth.

Please stop all contact immediately, do not reply to any emails what so ever, there is no reply you could give him that would actually help you now and there is a real possibility that a reply could be helpful to him.

The extra pictures could be a big benefit to us so i am interested in those, there is a post here viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219 that explains about how to post a picture but if you have any trouble please let me know and I can give you an email address to send them to if you do have trouble

If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask
#32237 by Ralph Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:52 am
This form has had some of the details edited out, note that the details put in specifically for each victim are in bold which is to make it easier for the scammer to see where he needs to check that he has his victims information.

#36097 by Irishlass1970lj Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:43 am
He is still at it...... Here is what I have received this week Alone...
Here is his new email address..
<[email protected]

Dear Cute One

I am glad to here from you again I am a native Of New Britain Ct USA . i was commissioned as a second lieutenant of Aviation through the ROTC Program at Central Washington University, where i graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1991. His military education includes: Aviation Officer Basic Course, Rotary-Wing Flight School, Armor Scout Platoon Leader Course, Military Intelligence Officer Advanced Course, and the Army Command and General Staff College. I holds a Master of Science degree in Public Administration from Central Michigan University.

I served my first tour as an Aeroscout Platoon Leader in the 5th Infantry Division, Ft. Polk, Louisiana. My next assignment was as the Assistant S3, 1-502d ATK AVN Regt, 2AD, Ft. Hood, Texas; followed by S2, 1-4th ATK AVN Regt, 4ID, Ft. Hood. After attending the MI Advanced Course, I served as the S4, 3rd Squadron, 6th Cavalry Regt, Republic of Korea. Upon return from Korea, I served as the S1, 1-3d ATK AVN Regt, 3ID, Hunter Army Airfield, Georgia. I then commanded Alpha Company, 1-3d ATK AVN Regt, 3ID, Hunter Army Airfield. After attending Army Command and General Staff College, i served as the Brigade S3, and later as the Brigade XO, of the 21st Cavalry Brigade, Ft. Hood. In 2005, I was selected to be the Brigade S3, 4th Combat Aviation Brigade, 4ID, Ft. Hood, and served in that position throughout the unit’s deployment to Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005-06. My most recent assignment was as the G3 Chief of Current Operations/Aviation, Early Entry Command Post (Airborne), USARAK, Ft. Richardson, Alaska.

My awards include the Bronze Star Medal, Meritorious Service Medal with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters, Army Commendation Medal with 4 Oak Leaf Clusters, Iraqi Campaign Medal, Korea Defense Service Medal, Humanitarian Service Medal for Hurricane Katrina, two Overseas Service Ribbons, and a Meritorious Unit Citation from Operation Iraqi Freedom. I has earned the Senior Aviator Badge and the Parachutist Badge. I am qualified in the AH-64D Longbow Apache, the AH-64A Apache, the OH-58 Kiowa, and the UH-1 Iroquois “Huey” Helicopter.

I have been alone for 9years since my wife was late in 2001 9/11 blast and I decided that am not going to marry again but I believe life still need to go on since am still alive and healthy..... I have lots to say when I meet the woman of my own Am man of good faith and I believe that is what has been helping me

I need a real woman that would be there for me and that would love me for me... Tell me when do you normal come online so we can chat maybe someday..

Regards
Lt Col Aaron Chronis
-----------

Hello Sweetie,
How are you doing there? Its so good to read from you again
today ..... Well i will Only let you know
my Interest in you ... I
am very loyal and will be the best friend you could ever have or
want. I may not have the biggest shoulders in the world, but I am a
friend for life, and want to always be there for you.I do not smoke or
drink. I would try all my best to make you smile and Happy at all Time. Its nice
seeing new places and meeting new people from the world, Bedroom
aerobics are great, and I consider that an important part of a
relationship. Being able to come home after work and hold a nice
conversation is something that has been missing in my life for a long
time. Believe it or not, the most sensitive part of my body is my
fingertips. I love to touch!!! Holding hands and showing affection is
very important to me. I believed in friendship so much cos to me it is
the key role to a long lasting relationship. I am looking for someone
to cherish to love or be loved and i believe is you.I want the person
whom i can share my ideals with, express my concerns with , comfort
her in an hour of need. i am down to earth, very practical, common
sense individual. I believe in trusting one another. Trust is the most
important of a relationship don't you agree?. Without trust a
relationship cannot exist. I want to be the one that can be there to
reassure You in your times when you questions something. I want to be
the one that can make you laugh for i do have a good sense of humor,
and a general good disposition about me. One cannot fake this, I am a
one woman man and i would respect my love for who she is. My heart
would not permit me to hurt my love emotionally for to hurt you would
also hurt myself. There would be great emptiness in my life if i was
to lose you. I will value you like myself ,ideas, and feel that what
ever you have to say is important! my values are traditional. I was
taught by parents to respect a man like Yourself. To treat that person
as i would be treated. I would like to give it a try and get to know
you as deep and compassionate as yourself better. This is my interest
and i want you to know what you think about both opinion.
Thinking about you.

Lt Col Aaron Chronis

------------

Dear Kerry,
I sat and pondered all alone,
Will I ever find a love of my own?

A love I can trust,
A love that's a must?
A love without the pain,
Such a love--Will I gain?

Will she hurt me too,
Just like the others do?
Will she cheat and lie,
Or will he hold me high?

Will she appreciate what I do,
Or will he laugh and say we're through?
Will I ever find Mrs. Right,
Or will all love be a fight?

Will she always make me cry,
Or will he care and ask why?
Will she want me, as I want her,
Or will love, she just pretend?

From
Lt Col Aaron Chronis
------------

On Aug 23, 2010, at 8:22 PM, Lt Col Aaron Chonis <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Sweetie,
How are you doing there? Its so good to read from you again
today ..... Well i will Only let you know
my Interest in you ... I
drink. I would try all my best to make you smile and Happy at all Time. Its nice
Thinking about you.

Lt Col Aaron Chronis

----------------

Dear Honey

Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end and you need trust to love, but first you need to love in order to trust Your presence in my life brings wonderful smiles and loving thoughts within my heart Happiness started the moment you entered my life and will last as long as you are by my side as my friend, my lover, my soul mate Am very pleased with you and what attract me most is your soul and personality.

Regards
Lt Col Aaron Chronis

--------------

What a wonderful beginning to a new relationship! It’s always a good thing to have great and wonderful woman like you, am pleased with your desires, we are completely compatible. 
How I wish I could be there with you, but distance has kept us apart. -- 
Me finding you, emailing online, confessing my happiness, and then it happens all over again. 
The likening that I’ve felt for you all along begins to resurface. Only this time, I am free to act on them without fear of upsetting anyone.
Thank you, what more can a man say to the woman who opened her heart to him, allowing him to feel the warmth of her truly personality across the great distance that separates them? You truly have no idea what I think for you. Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for friendship doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart."

Regards
Lt Col Aaron Chronis

Same pics, same info.
He asked for my address, I gave him my brothers lol.
#36101 by Arnold Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:37 am
Welcome to Scamwarners and thanks for the new email address.
He asked for my address, I gave him my brothers lol.

That's not a good idea. We discourage messing with scammers (scambaiting) using your real life details. These people are criminals after all. It's probably a low risk, but why chance it?

#36372 by snydenl Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:57 pm
Omg! I have received ALL these same e-mails....exactly...word for word plus all the new photos. I have them all on my computer.

I, too, have been a victim. I am so sorry to see that has happened to so many others. Lt. Col. Aaron Chonis was on Facebook and had one friend. I sent her a message and warned her. She was very grateful.

I am so very sorry this horrible Scammer has gotten to so many others as well as myself.

I have received ALL the emails I have found posted on this site as well as the 5 pictures. I was scammed for money to get a phone activated to talk to Lt. Col. Aaron Chonis.

What do you do if the Scammer has your actual address now?
#36373 by Dotti Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:32 pm
I'm sorry you were scammed by this scumbag.

If you haven't dropped him already, do so immediately. Cut off all contact with him--no need to explain or confront him, as it won't do anyone any good--he will not feel guilt because he has no conscience and he will continue to try to manipulate you, even if he has to "confess" (and tell a lot of new lies in the process). He might even get angry and threaten you, but the fact is, scamming is a business to him, and he will ultimately move on in search of more paying victims. Don't worry too much about him having your address. It's not ideal, but it's not really anything to lose sleep over. He is in Africa, and he is not coming to your area any time soon. You might get a few scam attempts by mail (and very possibly by email, as your info will likely be passed on to other scammers), or he may send you something to try to win you back (if he does, it will be purchased with a stolen credit card). But in time, he will drop all contact and move on.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#36495 by dmh1162 Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:01 am
Wow....I thank God I decided to check into this guy..I was contacted from him through plentyoffish, I recieved all the same emails and pictures like all the others but before I was taken by him I searched him.. I contacted facebook that he is a fake and I sent him an email telling him he was wasting his time with me because I have no money or anything to offer him, I took him off my messenger and deleted his email address, after sending him my last email there has been no contact from him but its sad that there will be so many other women targeted by this loser! If his whereabouts are known why hasn't something been done with him? It's sad that he is using the military like he is and claiming to be a Soldier! Hopefully all this will be resolved before other women are hurt or they will do like I did and check into him!
#36497 by Dotti Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:37 am
Welcome dmh!

I'm glad you did your research and found out he is a scammer before losing too much time or money.

Unfortunately, these scammers operate out of other countries, in the case of romance scammers posing as US military, usually western Africa or Malaysia. All of the information given is fake, we often don't have their real names or info, and we can usually only trace them to general area (i.e. city). But even if we could pinpoint their exact location, they are far out of the reach of our law enforcement agencies, and their own law enforcement would have to take action against them. While this does happen on occasion, in many scammer-infested areas, law enforcement is as corrupt as the scammers themselves, and they can easily be bribed into looking the other way.

The truth is, this scammer is one of many using this format, and as soon as one account is closed, they open another under a new name. While ultimately we would like to see the system change so these scammers get the punishment they deserve, for now our best weapon is education, and every scammer posted here will help other victims or potential victims.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#37350 by ladyeyes1960 Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:49 pm
Well folks I did my homework too. He is still out there. But now he is using Colonel Aaron Clark. But I caught a few things and I questioned him. But he is still using the same emails but this one is coming from att.net. He found me on Plenty of Fish. Also using a different photo. Here they are. Something told me this was too good to be true. I have different photos though. I guess he had to change them. If you go on http://www.plentyoffish.com and look under aaronc001 you will see the new pic he is using. I am glad my instincts kicked in. Unreal. I don't know how to put his pic sorry. Time to go reel in a great big FISH!!!

Dear Cute One

More about me

I am glad to here from you again I am a native Of New Houston Texas USA . i was commissioned as a second lieutenant of Aviation through the ROTC Program at Central Washington University, where i graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1991. His military education includes: Aviation Officer Basic Course, Rotary-Wing Flight School, Armor Scout Platoon Leader Course, Military Intelligence Officer Advanced Course, and the Army Command and General Staff College. I holds a Master of Science degree in Public Administration from Central Michigan University.

I served my first tour as an Aeroscout Platoon Leader in the 5th Infantry Division, Ft. Polk, Louisiana. My next assignment was as the Assistant S3, 1-502d ATK AVN Regt, 2AD, Ft. Hood, Texas; followed by S2, 1-4th ATK AVN Regt, 4ID, Ft. Hood. After attending the MI Advanced Course, I served as the S4, 3rd Squadron, 6th Cavalry Regt, Republic of Korea. Upon return from Korea, I served as the S1, 1-3d ATK AVN Regt, 3ID, Hunter Army Airfield, Georgia. I then commanded Alpha Company, 1-3d ATK AVN Regt, 3ID, Hunter Army Airfield. After attending Army Command and General Staff College, i served as the Brigade S3, and later as the Brigade XO, of the 21st Cavalry Brigade, Ft. Hood. In 2005, I was selected to be the Brigade S3, 4th Combat Aviation Brigade, 4ID, Ft. Hood, and served in that position throughout the unit’s deployment to Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005-06. My most recent assignment was as the G3 Chief of Current Operations/Aviation, Early Entry Command Post (Airborne), USARAK, Ft. Richardson, Alaska.

My awards include the Bronze Star Medal, Meritorious Service Medal with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters, Army Commendation Medal with 4 Oak Leaf Clusters, Iraqi Campaign Medal, Korea Defense Service Medal, Humanitarian Service Medal for Hurricane Katrina, two Overseas Service Ribbons, and a Meritorious Unit Citation from Operation Iraqi Freedom. I has earned the Senior Aviator Badge and the Parachutist Badge. I am qualified in the AH-64D Longbow Apache, the AH-64A Apache, the OH-58 Kiowa, and the UH-1 Iroquois “Huey” Helicopter.

I need a real woman that would be there for me and that would love me for me... Tell me when do you normal come online so we can chat maybe someday..

Regards
Colonel Aaron Clark

Hello Sweetie,
How are you doing there? Its so good to read from you again this
lovely day ..... Well i will Only let you know
my Interest in you ... I
Thinking about you.

Colonel Aaron Clark

Dear Honey ,

A love I can trust,
A love that's a must?
A love without the pain,
Such a love--Will I gain?

Will she hurt me too,
Just like the others do?
Will she cheat and lie,
Or will he hold me high?

Will she appreciate what I do,
Or will he laugh and say we're through?
Will I ever find Mrs. Right,
Or will all love be a fight?

Will she always make me cry,
Or will he care and ask why?
Will she want me, as I want her,
Or will love, she just pretend?

From
Colonel Aaron Clark
#38906 by missmelody Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:32 am
Hello Ladies, so sorry to hear how many ladies hes hurt. He almost got my friend but she had a gut instinct when she asked if he needed a care package sent and he said theres no way to get it to him. She volunteers to help the military all the time, so the bells went off. We did some research and found you.

He met her on a Christian Site http://www.meetingland.com using Major David Chonis and hes also on http://www.sugardaddy.com as dc000012 where hes a Gold all access member.

Hes using email [email protected] or [email protected]

He says he has a son Michael who is in England in Private School, wife passed in 9-11.

Says his birthday is November 16th he will be 50.

Sent pictures of his son & the same ones you already have posted. Does anyone really know who the man is in tthe picture and I hope hes been notified.

Hope this helps, my friend is so sad & sickened that hes using the heart strings we feel for those at war fighting for their lives to scam so many ladies.

Power is knowledge so the more who know about him the more ladies we can empower.
#38954 by dc001 Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:17 pm
YOU GUYS HERE ARE ALL BITCHES, BECAUSE YOU DON'T REALLY VERIFY SOMEONE CAREFULLY BEFORE CONCLUDING IF THE PERSON IS A SCAMMER OR NOT.... I AM THE REAL DAVID SO I WILL ADVISED YOU TO REMOVE ALL THIS BULLSHIT OR I REPORT YOU TO THE MILITARY AUTHORITY FOR ASSAULT. YOU BASTARDS FOOLS.

DAVID.

Mod note: This post was made by the scammer who is pretending to be an American soldier. Although he attempted to join and post using a proxy server, the poor English and lack of understanding of the American legal system in this single post are enough to confirm that this poster is in fact a scammer. We will leave this post intact to show that the character he plays may be a kind, romantic soldier, but the scammer behind the emails most definitely is not.
#38956 by Jillian Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:47 pm
Of course we verified the information, fake David. You're indeed a scammer. For anyone reading this, the above post was made by the scammer in an attempt to claim legitimacy. Dotti has added a note to it and we will leave it intact to show scammer reactions to having their information posted here.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners