Information on romance scams and scammers.
#22756 by Ralph Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:32 am
Name used: Lieutenant Colonel Chris Chronis
Profile names used;
iamchris652D
missingrib001

Email addresses used;
[email protected]
[email protected]
Note that Armyatwar.com is a domain the scammer has created to make his scam look more legitimate.

Known IP addresses used;
41.189.1.243 Nigeria (Lagos)*

Known sites used to find victims:
spark.com.

Claims;
Serving in Afghanistan
Wife and son killed in a car accident in 2005
Daughter Diana living in the UK

Uses this picture;

This scammer will quickly fall in love
Once the scammer believes he has his victim hooked he will begin to try to get his hands on your money.

The first attempt will be by convincing you to buy a phone that will allow you to communicate with him for free once the registration has been paid.

You will never actually receive the phone as it doesn’t exist.

Once he has his hands on your money for the phone he will begin his next lie, Army leave,
He will convince his victim that he would like to visit them but in order to do that he will need to apply for leave, he will tell you that in order for his leave to be approved a fee will need to be paid as well as forms that need to be filled in.

Everything you are told will be a lie, it is all for the purpose of stealing your money.

Aliases used:
The phone company: [email protected]
Will request payment to be made to this person: Nicola Todd, London UK.

Person handling the leave documents: [email protected]
Payment requested to be made to Kevin Lambert

For anybody reading this who would like to know more about how these scams work, please click on this link http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527

If anybody has been approacked by a person using these details, I would love to hear from you.
Advertisement

#22827 by Ralph Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:01 am
Dating site information;

50 years old
New York, NY
Widowed, Man seeking Woman
• For a A Date, Marriage, Long-term Relationship, Marriage & Children
• 50 years old
• New York, NY
• Sign is Leo

About Me
I am from New Britain Ct i am the only child of my family i work with US ARMY i am a Gentle man with good heart and intentions,i really dobelieve in GOD so much and in Trust,Honesty,unders tanding and love isthe foundation of a strong relationship I will give my woman loveand every companion a princess deserve and will never regret knowingme i also need someone that would respect me and that would be God fearing

Initial contact;
Hello Sweetie
i don't fear insects or spiders. At great
heights, I jump off, smiling.
In the face of death I wink. But, when I look
into your profile, i was
in fear of how much i will like to get to
know you .Multiply it by
infinity, take it to the depths of forever
and you'll still only have a
glimpse how your profile as hit me like a
tidal wave .It takes a second to
say I love you, but a lifetime to show
it........................... ....i will be
waiting hear from you on my yahoo id below

colchris010 AT yahoo DOT com

Thanx
Chris Chronis
#22828 by Ralph Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:02 am
Lines used in chat;

He will use a lot of quotes from the bible, by doing this he can show how honest he is being religious, of course, this is just another trick they use.

Surprisingly most scammers are very religious, they believe it is their god given right to steal from people, they have absolutely no problem in telling lies and using religion to tell them makes perfect sense to a scammer.

It is worth pointing out, these verses will be saved in the scammer’s draft folder ready to be pasted into the chat
Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. -- 1 John 3:18

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. -- 1 Peter 4:8-9

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. -- Corinthians 13:7-8

Two are better than one. -- Ecclesiastes 4:9

For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. -- Ephesians 5:31

I will never fail you or forsake you. -- Hebrews 13:5

Follow the way of love. -- I Corinthians 14:1

There is no fear in love; for perfect love casteth out fear -- I John 4:18

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. -- John 13:34-35

Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. -- Matthew 19:6

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. -- Matthew 6:21

I found the one whom my soul loves. -- Song of Solomon 3:4

Further lies;
First up we have the scammer reassuring how honest he will be, (very easy for a liar to say)
i will be honest
and i would love you for you
i dont know why i feel like these but i love you
i keep my eyes on your pics

You will notice that the writing has dramatically deteriorated since he has started actually using his own pre written lines
Once again, he is using stolen lines, this time from a romance writing site, I haven’t tried searching on these lines yet but have little doubt that an exact search will get results;
Don't say you love me unless you really mean it, because I might do something crazy like believe it.
Today I caught myself smiling for no reason... then I realized I was thinking about you
Should I smile because we are in love? Or cry because we'll never be anything more?
Sometimes people put up walls, not to keep others out, but to see who cares enough to break them down
Nobody is worth your tears, and the one who is won't make you cry.

Now back to using his own words;
i do not wanna hurt you in any way
and i pray you do not hurt my feeling too
#22829 by Ralph Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:04 am
Scripted emails sent from “Chris”

How are you doing?I hope you are doing fine wherever you are....Am
happy to know you and i believe this could be a Blessing to me and am
Happy that i can also find someone with a Good heart like yourself,I
adore you for that..well good that you can read and Understand
me,though i am a Gentle man with good heart and intentions,i really do
believe in GOD so much and in Trust,Honesty,understanding and love is
the foundation of a strong relationship.I will like us to build all
these in this relationship we are about to start cos without all
this,a relationship can not go nowhere and God must also be included
cos he is the reason why we are alive today.I hope you understand what
i mean. Well with the way i found your mail ,i believe you have all
this in you and i will be so Much Happy to get to know you more
Deeply,cos its rare to find someone with good heart like you,t ...i
think things could work out someday with us with time,i also believe
you are a God sent to me and i am also a God Sent to you,Who knows?I
am new to this internet things and don't have time to spend.All i just
came here is to see if my dream woman could be found..Let me tell you
little about me cos i want to keep me time to tell you things about me
just to let you know am serious in getting to know you..I am ,50yrs
old man,5.11ft tall ,residing in NEW BRITAIN CT in USA.Am single with a
kid.I'm a father of a 9years old daughter named Diana...I lost my wife and kids
in a car accident 5yrs ago and this really hurt me so much and also my
Daughter.I believe i have to continue my life and also make my
Daughter happy and also find the right lady that i will love so much
and will also be a caring mom to my daughter Diana cos she has been
complaining and worried that i should get married cos she needs some
one she can call her step mom and someone who will always take care of
her when am not around. My daughter Diana is a very intelligent girl
and i do cherish her a lot.She stay with me in New Britain .I am Originally
from Vancouver, Washington but i grew up in DC.
I work as a US ARMY IN AFGHANISTAN WAR ZONE.I can say am
comfortable and have achieved lots in life by God grace and do believe
in GOD so much and also God fearing man and hope also believe in God
also. .I have a security company which i manage in US and do have a house i
planned and build by myself.I see myself as a very hard working US MILITARY. I
have being lonely for a long time now and ever since my wife have pass
away i haven't find anyone like her,cos i believe before i could start
again days will be long and i believe time doesn't wait for anybody and
life is short...that,s why i decided to make a Try this time Around
and see if am gonna find that special woman for myself and make my
Daughter Happy.I will be more Happy to get to know you more deeply ,
be Open to me please just write me more about you,I have a lot to share
with you just lets have believe and Focus in this relationship...lets
see where the God will lead us too.....tell me more things about you.
please write me as soon as you can i will be waiting for your next
mail..and don't be exit ate to ask me any Question,i will be Happy to
Answer you.I have a lot of companion and love to share with my woman..I
am not here for games or to hurt feelings..I will give my woman love
and every companion a princess deserve and will never regret knowing
me..I will be sending you my photos in my
next email to you and will also like to see your photo as well when
writing me back.,Once again you are welcome to my World.
Thinking about you !
Yours
Chris Chronis
#22830 by Ralph Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:09 am
Much of this email is more than likely stolen from the net;
Dear Removed

I am glad you emailed me back. Well i must tell you that i work with US ARMY and i am in Afghanistan as i write i am Lt Colonel.
I must tell you that i am looking for a woman that would be God fearing and that would love Diana make her fill she still have Mum. I can see you and a woman with a lot of knowledge

Below is my Biography

Lieutenant Colonel Chris Chronis i am a native of Vancouver, Washington. i was commissioned as a second lieutenant of Aviation through the ROTC Program at Central Washington University, where i graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1991. His military education includes: Aviation Officer Basic Course, Rotary-Wing Flight School, Armor Scout Platoon Leader Course, Military Intelligence Officer Advanced Course, and the Army Command and General Staff College. I holds a Master of Science degree in Public Administration from Central Michigan University.

I served my first tour as an Aeroscout Platoon Leader in the 5th Infantry Division, Ft. Polk, Louisiana. My next assignment was as the Assistant S3, 1-502d ATK AVN Regt, 2AD, Ft. Hood, Texas; followed by S2, 1-4th ATK AVN Regt, 4ID, Ft. Hood. After attending the MI Advanced Course, I served as the S4, 3rd Squadron, 6th Cavalry Regt, Republic of Korea. Upon return from Korea, I served as the S1, 1-3d ATK AVN Regt, 3ID, Hunter Army Airfield, Georgia. I then commanded Alpha Company, 1-3d ATK AVN Regt, 3ID, Hunter Army Airfield. After attending Army Command and General Staff College, i served as the Brigade S3, and later as the Brigade XO, of the 21st Cavalry Brigade, Ft. Hood. In 2005, I was selected to be the Brigade S3, 4th Combat Aviation Brigade, 4ID, Ft. Hood, and served in that position throughout the unit’s deployment to Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005-06. My most recent assignment was as the G3 Chief of Current Operations/Aviation, Early Entry Command Post (Airborne), USARAK, Ft. Richardson, Alaska.

My awards include the Bronze Star Medal, Meritorious Service Medal with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters, Army Commendation Medal with 4 Oak Leaf Clusters, Iraqi Campaign Medal, Korea Defense Service Medal, Humanitarian Service Medal for Hurricane Katrina, two Overseas Service Ribbons, and a Meritorious Unit Citation from Operation Iraqi Freedom. I has earned the Senior Aviator Badge and the Parachutist Badge. I am qualified in the AH-64D Longbow Apache, the AH-64A Apache, the OH-58 Kiowa, and the UH-1 Iroquois “Huey” Helicopter.

I need a real woman that would be there for me and that would love me for me... Tell me when do you normal come online so we can chat maybe someday..

And i have attached some of my pics hope you would love them

Regards
Lt Col Chris
#22831 by Ralph Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:11 am
Again, this is not teh scammers own writing, this is also stolen;
10th grade

As I sat there in English class, I stared at the girl next to me. She was my so called "best friend". I stared at her long, silky hair, and wished she was mine. But she didn't notice me like that, and I knew it. After class, she walked up to me and asked me for the notes she had missed the day before and handed them to her. She said "thanks" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I wanted to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love her but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why.

11th grade
The phone rang. On the other end, it was her. She was in tears, mumbling on and on about how her love had broke her heart. She asked me to come over because she didn't want to be alone, so I did. As I sat next to her on the sofa, I stared at her soft eyes, wishing she was mine. After 2 hours, one Drew Barrymore movie, and three bags of chips, she decided to go to sleep. She looked at me, said "thanks" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love her but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why.

Senior year
The day before prom she walked to my locker. My date is sick" she said; he's not going to go well, I didn't have a date, and in 7th grade, we made a promise that if neither of us had dates, we would go together just as "best friends". So we did. Prom night, after everything was over, I was standing at her front door step. I stared at her as she smiled at me and stared at me with her crystal eyes. I want her to be mine, but she isn't think of me like that, and I know it. Then she said "I had the best time, thanks!" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love her but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why.

Graduation Day
A day passed, then a week, then a month. Before I could blink, it was graduation day. I watched as her perfect body floated like an angel up on stage to get her diploma. I wanted her to be mine, but she didn't notice me like that, and I knew it. Before everyone went home, she came to me in her smock and hat, and cried as I hugged her. Then she lifted her head from my shoulder and said, "you're my best friend, thanks" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love her but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why.

A Few Years Later
Now I sit in the pews of the church. That girl is getting married now. I watched her say "I do" and drive off to her new life, married to another man. I wanted her to be mine, but she didn't see me like that, and I knew it. But before she drove away, she came to me and said "you came!". She said "thanks" and kissed me on the cheek. I want to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love her but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why.

Funeral
Years passed, I looked down at the coffin of a girl who used to be my "best friend". At the service, they read a diary entry she had wrote in her high school years. This is what it read: I stare at him wishing he was mine, but he doesn't notice me like that, and I know it. I want to tell him, I want him to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love him but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why. I wish he would tell me he loved me! `I wish I did too...` I thought to my self, and I cried.

Your
Lt Col Chris Chronis
#22833 by Ralph Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:30 am
This email is supposedly from the phone company

TS2 Sales Dept <[email protected]

US ARMY CALL ACTIVATION

Date:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for the inquiry, our service is to provide phoning and Satellite facilities for civilian and Military Personnel..
We specialize in providing global satellite access services. TS2 solutions have been implemented for United States Marine Corps (USMC), U.S. Army Corps , Australian Defense Force (ADF), Command of Polish Navy, Special Military Formation GROM, 1st Special Commando Regiment, Polish National Police, Polish National Headquarters of the State Fire Services, Border Guard (Poland), World Bank Group, Lockheed Martin Information Technology, Halliburton Energy Services, KBR, General Dynamics Information Technology, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc., L-3 Communications Vertex Aerospace, US Naval Research Laboratory, ITT Corporation Aerospace / Communications Division, Technest Holdings / EOIR Technologies, North Eastern Aeronautical Company (Neany), EchoStorm Worldwide, Jorge Scientific Corporation, Erinys International, Aegis Iraq, Warsaw Stock Exchange, Polish State Railways PKP S.A., University of Warsaw, Reuters, TVP - Polish TV, TVN, Agora, PAP - Polish Press Agency, EuroZet, Nokia Siemens Networks, PTC - Polska Telefonia Cyfrowa, Centertel, Polkomtel, Michelin Poland, BMW - Bayerische Motoren Werke, DaimlerChrysler, Toyota Marki, IBM - International Business Machines Corporation, HP - Hewlett-Packard, Manitowoc Crane Group, Carrefour, Colgate-Palmolive, Comarch, PBG S.A., Prochem S.A., Holowczyc Management, NG2 - New Gate Group, LPP S.A., Big Star Limited, Bank BPH, PKO TFI S.A., PGNiG - Polish Petroleum and Gas Mining, Drill-Lab, MEGAGAZ S.A., SCHMIDT Holding, White&Case, Sun Microsystems, PMM - Polish Medical Mission, UPS - United Parcel Service, Polish Medical Air Rescue and SkyTaxi.
Especially for US Army soldiers we ship VSAT equipment within /5-7 days/ in Afghanistan, Iraq and the Middle East.
We also provide Thuraya Satellite Phones for the Military personnel.
Thuraya products give you the freedom of movement and the ability to stay connected in more than 110 countries in Europe, North, Central Africa and large parts of Southern Africa, the Middle East, Central and South Asia . This means total coverage whether you are in a village, on a mountain or by the coast.

Basic advantages of the Thuraya satellite telephony we provides for the Military are:
Possibility of communicating freely in 110 countries in Europe, North and Central Africa, Asia, and Middle East
Satellite and GSM connectivity in one telephone
Posibility of calling Inmarsat A/B/Mini/ Iridium networks
No prepaid cards needed
Free Thuraya - SG-2520 Handset - Satellite/GSM
Free unlimited calls for Military Personnel after the registration fee(s) have been remitted.
In other to register for our phoning facility, you are advice to provide us with the information below;

YOUR INFORMATION:
FULL NAME:
HOME ADDRESS:
PHONE NUMBER:
PHONE SERVICE PROVIDER:

MILITARY PERSONNEL INFORMATION:

NAME:
MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTY ( MOS ):
LOCATION (COUNTRY WHERE HE/SHE NEEDS THE SERVICE):

Once you provide us with the above information you are no longer anonymous to us.
(We) protect your privacy. We do not insist you to provide extra personal information than necessary.
All information collected will not be used for any illegal activity
The information is what we are going to use to register you with our servic
TS2 Satellite Technologies' network in Iraq and Afghanistan has over 15 thousand military users of local broadband satellite connections.

/EIN News/ TS2 specializes in providing global satellite communication services in areas with poor telecommunications infrastructure. Its basic transmission medium is a two-way transfer of data, which provides not only the Internet access and transfer of information within the network but also voice communications. This type of services is very often used by defense industries, Special Forces and Army.

"We were among the first telecommunications providers in the satellite technology in the territory of Iraq and Afghanistan and as such we have enjoyed a successful cooperation with the US Army for several years now" - says Marcin Frackiewicz, CEO of the TS2 Satellite Technologies.

TS2 Satellite Technologies [email protected] offer two-way high-speed internet access with no phone lines, no cable, no dial-up modem. It's always on, available virtually anywhere, and affordable. The laptop, or WLAN network, can receive internet signal through a special satellite V SAT modem which is usually set up in a building or tent when deployed.

The Internet access has resulted in major morale improvements. Troops no longer feel cut off from home. This is especially important for the many who are married, and have young children. Not all the Internet connectivity is just for staying in touch with the folks back home. The troops use the Internet a lot for professional tasks, and not all of them are official business. Some troops blog, and many other stay in touch with military friends and associates in other parts of the world. The Internet has made possible many online communities composed of military professionals.

TS2's satellite military networks are located in Al Taqaddum AB, Bagram AF, Balad Airbase, Baquba Airfield, FOB Brassfield-Mora, LSA Adder Tallil, Camp Speicher, Camp Al Asad Air Base, Camp Bucca, Camp Buehring, Camp Charlie Basra, Camp Eggers, Camp Fallujah, Camp Grizzly, Camp Korean Village, Camp Liberty, Camp Mejid, Camp Ramadi, Camp Slayer, Camp Stryker, Camp Taji, Camp Victory, Fob Bagram, Fob Brassfield Mora, Fob Delta Al Kut, Fob Diamondback, Camp Falcon, Fob Garryowen, Fob Gardez, Fob Ghazni, Fob Kalagush, Kandahar Base, Fob Lagman, Fob Mchenry, Fob Marez, Fob Normandy, Fob Rustamiyah, Fob Summerall, Fob Sykes, Fob Salerno, Fob Torkham, Fob Warhorse, Fob Warrior, Herat RTC, Jallaabad Air Base, Kabul Airport, Kabul Camp Eggers, Kandahar Air Base, Lsa Anaconda Balad, Sather Air Base and Q-West Base Complex.

TS2 provides in the Middle East & North African region following services: two way internet broadband access, Thuraya and Iridium satellite phones, VSAT Private Network, broadcasting services, SCPC/SCPC, SCPC/DVB, MESH services, STAR/DAMA, VSAT Mini Hub Solution, VNO and many more.
Amount:

Regards,
TS2.
Satellite Provider - Technology Satellite
#22834 by Ralph Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:34 am
TS2 Sales Dept [email protected]

US ARMY CALL ACTIVATION
Date:

Dear Removed

We have just received your application in respect of your fiance Lieutenant Colonel Chris Chronis for call activation in Afghanistan War Zone. At these point we have one more step to activate the call for him below we have attached the type of call service we do provide you are to choose and get back to us so we can proceed...

Hope to here from you soon

Regards
TS2.

TS2 Sales Dept [email protected]
US ARMY CALL ACTIVATION

Date:

Dear removed

We have received the type of your call activation needed and to proceed you have to make the payment of $940USD
to below Account officer via Western Union money transfer

Name-Nicola Todd
Address-London, United Kingdom

Kindly make payments ASAP to enhance speedy processing.
N.B .This is highly confidential
Thanks for your anticipated co-operation

Regards
Ts2 Sat Com

In this email you will be given a tracking number, exactly what the tracking number is from is unknown however it is definately NOT in regards to a delivery of a phone to you
Dear Removed

We are pleased to notify you that we have received your payment and your TS2 PHONE has been shipped to you via UPS

below is your UPS TRACKING NUMBER

http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/track?lo ... svl=PriNav

UPS TRACKING NUMBER Number removed

I have attached your UPS AIRWAY BILL and as soon as you receive the phone equipment
let us know for our data update

Regards,
TS2.
#22980 by Ralph Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:05 am
I have removed some of the details from this form for security reasons, I will point out that all details removed that are specific to this scam were in bold type, this is to make it easy for teh scammer to identify and check the parts they will fill in for each victim it is sent to

ImageImageImage
#22983 by Ralph Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:11 am
This email is supposedly from a the person granting the leave;

Dear Removed

We just got confirmation from our Washington DC Office that your Vacation request has been approved view attached file for full details

Regards
Col. Susan Croakley
#31991 by dianesgl Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:32 pm
He is still at it as of July 1, 2010

today's e-mail:
i don't fear insects or spiders. At great
heights, I jump off, smiling.
In the face of death I wink. But, when I look
into your profile, i was
in fear of how much i will like to get to
know you .Multiply it by
infinity, take it to the depths of forever
and you'll still only have a
glimpse how your profile as hit me like a
tidal wave .It takes a second to
say I love you, but a lifetime to show
it........................... ....i will be
waiting hear from you

Thanx
Major Aaron Chronis

Same picture and everything!
#31992 by Ralph Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:42 pm
Hi dianesgl , welcome to Scamwarners.

I am glad you found out about this scam, hopefully before getting hurt.

Thanks for the additional information, if you have anything else that is not already posted or things that have changed such as the email addresses then please post it.

This scammer will be ppersistent and if i remember rightly he may even turn to threats, regardless of what you are sent, do not reply, If you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask.