Information on romance scams and scammers.
#38971 by Dotti Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:53 pm
davidchonis
Conquer my heart
Email...

I'm: Man
City:
Vancouver Region: Washington
Looking for: Woman
Type of relations: Marriage, Love, Serious relationship, Dating
Marital status: Widowed
Children
Yes
Boys: 1 (ages list)
Wish children: May be
Most important
things in Life: My future
Spoken languages: English
Written languages: English
Name:
David Chonis
Zodiac Sign:
Scorpio/Rat
Height:
177 cm (5'9.7")
Weight:
80 kg (177 lb)
Hair:
Brown
Eyes colour:
Brown
Ethnic Background:
Caucasian (White)
Education:
4-year College/University
Occupation
US Army
Do you smoke?
No
Do you drink?
Socially
Sexual Orientation :
Heterosexual

Sports:
Football

Forms of entertainments:
Humor, Dancing, Travelling
Interests
Computer Games:
Don`t play

Movies:
Action, Documentary

Music:
Religious, Pop, Rap

Others:
Animals/Pets

About myself: “About me” is rather a complex question! I am kind, sincere, romantic, sensitive, easy-going, honest, but above all, I am a true gentleman!!! I am not into games nor want to meet someone that is into games! I do not believe that a lady is a personal piece of property and can be done what one likes to do! The lady in my life would be my equal and I would always uphold her with the greatest respect. I still believe in chivalry!!! A gentleman should always hold the door open for his lady (for that matter any woman) and will be proud to walk the streets with her on my arm!!! No, chivalry is not dead! I tend to put everything into a relationship and not go into half-heartedly! Am I opening up Pandora’s Box because of this? Yes, if the other one is not sincere, but no, if they are!!! You can only get out of a relationship what you put into it!!! I am 5ft 9" tall with brown eyes and light brown hair! I have very broad shoulders! I am a young man of 49 and will turn 50 yrs by November years old, but please don’t let this defer you from at least giving me a chance!!! Working with the US Army but Currently deployed to Afghanistan, War Zone, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division.

Ideal partner: “What I am looking for in a woman/lady?” is both easy and hard! Hard because does anyone actually know what they are seeking? Yes, you might have some pre-conceived notions of what you are looking for and be closed minded to all options, but what if that special someone slips through and gets away? What then? You should always keep an open mind and not until that “eye-popping” moment occurs, are you truly certain! It is also easy to describe what I am looking for by saying that there must be friendship, honor, trust, loyalty, and mutual respect for each other! These are the key building blocks for a strong relationship! I could say that I am looking for a perfect woman, but that would be shallow of me, and besides is there really a perfect person?

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
Advertisement

#38990 by GomerPyle Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:43 am
dc001 wrote:YOU GUYS HERE ARE ALL BITCHES, BECAUSE YOU DON'T REALLY VERIFY SOMEONE CAREFULLY BEFORE CONCLUDING IF THE PERSON IS A SCAMMER OR NOT.... I AM THE REAL DAVID SO I WILL ADVISED YOU TO REMOVE ALL THIS BULLSHIT OR I REPORT YOU TO THE MILITARY AUTHORITY FOR ASSAULT. YOU BASTARDS FOOLS.

DAVID.

Nice for one of these scammers to come along and introduce himself, and demonstrate why you must be cautious with any online romances. Never ever send money, under any circumstances to anyone you only know online.

The danger is that you could be getting one of these - ignorant, pathetic dunderbrains.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#39370 by Con Warner Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:07 pm
Welcome dc001.
I'm sorry that we are labelling you as a scammer (after all, you're not really a scammer as you never got your payment after the posting here. So, you haven't really scammed anyone! ).
If you need a hug to get over the trauma, please feel free to contact me.
I love you xxx

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
#40043 by MM59 Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:14 pm
Irishlass1970lj wrote:He is still at it...... Here is what I have received this week Alone...
Here is his new email address..
<[email protected]

This guy is not only a scammer, he is a thief! He stole my credit card number and charged up over $2,200. worth of flowers and other goodies online, and paid for memberships to online dating services, etc.. He used the name Aaron Chonis. Beware of this person! Hope everyone enjoyed the flowers, etc. :-) It sure made my life miserable for awhile!!! I hope he gets arrested!!!

Dear Cute One

I am glad to here from you again I am a native Of New Britain Ct USA . i was commissioned as a second lieutenant of Aviation through the ROTC Program at Central Washington University, where i graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1991. His military education includes: Aviation Officer Basic Course, Rotary-Wing Flight School, Armor Scout Platoon Leader Course, Military Intelligence Officer Advanced Course, and the Army Command and General Staff College. I holds a Master of Science degree in Public Administration from Central Michigan University.

I served my first tour as an Aeroscout Platoon Leader in the 5th Infantry Division, Ft. Polk, Louisiana. My next assignment was as the Assistant S3, 1-502d ATK AVN Regt, 2AD, Ft. Hood, Texas; followed by S2, 1-4th ATK AVN Regt, 4ID, Ft. Hood. After attending the MI Advanced Course, I served as the S4, 3rd Squadron, 6th Cavalry Regt, Republic of Korea. Upon return from Korea, I served as the S1, 1-3d ATK AVN Regt, 3ID, Hunter Army Airfield, Georgia. I then commanded Alpha Company, 1-3d ATK AVN Regt, 3ID, Hunter Army Airfield. After attending Army Command and General Staff College, i served as the Brigade S3, and later as the Brigade XO, of the 21st Cavalry Brigade, Ft. Hood. In 2005, I was selected to be the Brigade S3, 4th Combat Aviation Brigade, 4ID, Ft. Hood, and served in that position throughout the unit’s deployment to Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005-06. My most recent assignment was as the G3 Chief of Current Operations/Aviation, Early Entry Command Post (Airborne), USARAK, Ft. Richardson, Alaska.

My awards include the Bronze Star Medal, Meritorious Service Medal with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters, Army Commendation Medal with 4 Oak Leaf Clusters, Iraqi Campaign Medal, Korea Defense Service Medal, Humanitarian Service Medal for Hurricane Katrina, two Overseas Service Ribbons, and a Meritorious Unit Citation from Operation Iraqi Freedom. I has earned the Senior Aviator Badge and the Parachutist Badge. I am qualified in the AH-64D Longbow Apache, the AH-64A Apache, the OH-58 Kiowa, and the UH-1 Iroquois “Huey” Helicopter.

I have been alone for 9years since my wife was late in 2001 9/11 blast and I decided that am not going to marry again but I believe life still need to go on since am still alive and healthy..... I have lots to say when I meet the woman of my own Am man of good faith and I believe that is what has been helping me

I need a real woman that would be there for me and that would love me for me... Tell me when do you normal come online so we can chat maybe someday..

Regards
Lt Col Aaron Chronis
-----------

Hello Sweetie,
How are you doing there? Its so good to read from you again
today ..... Well i will Only let you know
my Interest in you ... I
am very loyal and will be the best friend you could ever have or
want. I may not have the biggest shoulders in the world, but I am a
friend for life, and want to always be there for you.I do not smoke or
drink. I would try all my best to make you smile and Happy at all Time. Its nice
seeing new places and meeting new people from the world, Bedroom
aerobics are great, and I consider that an important part of a
relationship. Being able to come home after work and hold a nice
conversation is something that has been missing in my life for a long
time. Believe it or not, the most sensitive part of my body is my
fingertips. I love to touch!!! Holding hands and showing affection is
very important to me. I believed in friendship so much cos to me it is
the key role to a long lasting relationship. I am looking for someone
to cherish to love or be loved and i believe is you.I want the person
whom i can share my ideals with, express my concerns with , comfort
her in an hour of need. i am down to earth, very practical, common
sense individual. I believe in trusting one another. Trust is the most
important of a relationship don't you agree?. Without trust a
relationship cannot exist. I want to be the one that can be there to
reassure You in your times when you questions something. I want to be
the one that can make you laugh for i do have a good sense of humor,
and a general good disposition about me. One cannot fake this, I am a
one woman man and i would respect my love for who she is. My heart
would not permit me to hurt my love emotionally for to hurt you would
also hurt myself. There would be great emptiness in my life if i was
to lose you. I will value you like myself ,ideas, and feel that what
ever you have to say is important! my values are traditional. I was
taught by parents to respect a man like Yourself. To treat that person
as i would be treated. I would like to give it a try and get to know
you as deep and compassionate as yourself better. This is my interest
and i want you to know what you think about both opinion.
Thinking about you.

Lt Col Aaron Chronis

------------

Dear Kerry,
I sat and pondered all alone,
Will I ever find a love of my own?

A love I can trust,
A love that's a must?
A love without the pain,
Such a love--Will I gain?

Will she hurt me too,
Just like the others do?
Will she cheat and lie,
Or will he hold me high?

Will she appreciate what I do,
Or will he laugh and say we're through?
Will I ever find Mrs. Right,
Or will all love be a fight?

Will she always make me cry,
Or will he care and ask why?
Will she want me, as I want her,
Or will love, she just pretend?

I sat and pondered all alone,
Will I ever find a love of my own?

From
Lt Col Aaron Chronis
------------

On Aug 23, 2010, at 8:22 PM, Lt Col Aaron Chonis <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Sweetie,
How are you doing there? Its so good to read from you again
today ..... Well i will Only let you know
my Interest in you ... I
am very loyal and will be the best friend you could ever have or
want. I may not have the biggest shoulders in the world, but I am a
friend for life, and want to always be there for you.I do not smoke or
drink. I would try all my best to make you smile and Happy at all Time. Its nice
seeing new places and meeting new people from the world, Bedroom
aerobics are great, and I consider that an important part of a
relationship. Being able to come home after work and hold a nice
conversation is something that has been missing in my life for a long
time. Believe it or not, the most sensitive part of my body is my
fingertips. I love to touch!!! Holding hands and showing affection is
very important to me. I believed in friendship so much cos to me it is
the key role to a long lasting relationship. I am looking for someone
to cherish to love or be loved and i believe is you.I want the person
whom i can share my ideals with, express my concerns with , comfort
her in an hour of need. i am down to earth, very practical, common
sense individual. I believe in trusting one another. Trust is the most
important of a relationship don't you agree?. Without trust a
relationship cannot exist. I want to be the one that can be there to
reassure You in your times when you questions something. I want to be
the one that can make you laugh for i do have a good sense of humor,
and a general good disposition about me. One cannot fake this, I am a
one woman man and i would respect my love for who she is. My heart
would not permit me to hurt my love emotionally for to hurt you would
also hurt myself. There would be great emptiness in my life if i was
to lose you. I will value you like myself ,ideas, and feel that what
ever you have to say is important! my values are traditional. I was
taught by parents to respect a man like Yourself. To treat that person
as i would be treated. I would like to give it a try and get to know
you as deep and compassionate as yourself better. This is my interest
and i want you to know what you think about both opinion.
Thinking about you.

Lt Col Aaron Chronis

----------------

Dear Honey

Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end and you need trust to love, but first you need to love in order to trust Your presence in my life brings wonderful smiles and loving thoughts within my heart Happiness started the moment you entered my life and will last as long as you are by my side as my friend, my lover, my soul mate Am very pleased with you and what attract me most is your soul and personality.

Regards
Lt Col Aaron Chronis

--------------

What a wonderful beginning to a new relationship! It’s always a good thing to have great and wonderful woman like you, am pleased with your desires, we are completely compatible. 
How I wish I could be there with you, but distance has kept us apart. -- 
Me finding you, emailing online, confessing my happiness, and then it happens all over again. 
The likening that I’ve felt for you all along begins to resurface. Only this time, I am free to act on them without fear of upsetting anyone.
Thank you, what more can a man say to the woman who opened her heart to him, allowing him to feel the warmth of her truly personality across the great distance that separates them? You truly have no idea what I think for you. Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for friendship doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart."

Regards
Lt Col Aaron Chronis

Same pics, same info.
He asked for my address, I gave him my brothers lol.
#43709 by blackvelvet Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:55 pm
Hi, Ive been online dating for many years and l have learned to be wise and cautious when it comes to emails and scammers from anywhere such as Ghana , Nigeria or anywhere else that sounded suspicious so i started asking them to send me an email to an email add i set up and then l track their IP.

Well i tracked this one also from Major David Chronis, and yes he is not where he says he is, I received an email from him and l decided to google him, well well, and here l am finding many people getting scammed byt this David, Chris Arron Chonis or Chronis.

Here is the email he sent me, you tell me if its not similar

Hi Barb, it's me Major David Chonis.?

10:34 AM
Reply ?

* Reply all
* Forward
* Delete
* Junk
* Mark as unread
* Mark as read
* Delete all from sender
* Print message
* View message source
* Show message history
* Hide message history
* Show details
* Hide details

Maj David Chonis

[email protected]
Maj David Chonis
[email protected]

* Send email
* Find email

Add to contacts
To [email protected]
Sent: January 4, 2011 10:34:51 AM
To: [email protected]
Always show content from [email protected]
Hello Sweet Angel,

Thanks for your email at cupid.com, I must say am happy to know you and I believe this could be a Blessing to me and am Happy that I can also find someone with a Good heart like yourself, I adore you for that.. though I am a Gentle man with good heart and intentions really do believe in GOD so much and in trust, honesty, understanding and love is the foundation of a strong relationship. I will like us to build all these in this relationship we are about to start because without all this, a relationship can't go no where and God must also be included because he is the reason why we are alive today. I hope you understand what I mean.

Well I believe you have all this in you and I will be so Much Happy to get to know you more Deeply, because its rare to find someone with good heart like you, think things could work out someday with us with time, I also believe you are a God sent to me and I am also a God Sent to you, Who knows? I am new to this internet dating of things and don't have time to spend. All I just came here is to see if my dream woman could be found..Let me tell you little about me, just for you to get to know better because I want to keep time to tell you things about me just to let you know am serious in getting to know you..

I am 50 yrs of age and would be 51 by November, a native of Vancouver, Washington. I have all my education degree in Washington, My Education and military profiles goes this way, I was commissioned as a second lieutenant of Aviation through the ROTC Program at Central Washington University, where I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1991. My military education includes: Aviation Officer Basic Course, Rotary-Wing Flight School, Armor Scout Platoon Leader Course, Military Intelligence Officer Advanced Course, and the Army Command and General Staff College. I hold a Master of Science degree in Public Administration from Central Michigan University. I served my first tour as an Aeroscout Platoon Leader in the 5th Infantry Division, Ft. Polk, Louisiana. My next assignment was as the Assistant S3, 1-502d ATK AVN Regt, 2AD, Ft. Hood, Texas; followed by S2, 1-4th ATK AVN Regt, 4ID, Ft. Hood. After attending the MI Advanced Course, I served as the S4, 3rd Squadron, 6th Cavalry Regt, Republic of Korea. Upon return from Korea, I served as the S1, 1-3d ATK AVN Regt, 3ID, Hunter Army Airfield, Georgia. I then commanded Alpha Company, 1-3d ATK AVN Regt, 3ID, Hunter Army Airfield. After attending Army Command and General Staff College, I served as the Brigade S3, and later as the Brigade XO, of the 21st Cavalry Brigade, Ft. Hood. In 2003, I was selected to be the Brigade S3, 4th Combat Aviation Brigade, 4ID, Ft. Hood, and served in that position throughout the unit’s deployment to Operation Iraqi Freedom 2004-05.

My awards include the Bronze Star Medal, Meritorious Service Medal with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters, Army Commendation Medal with 4 Oak Leaf Clusters, Iraqi Campaign Medal, Korea Defense Service Medal, Humanitarian Service Medal for Hurricane Katrina, two Overseas Service Ribbons, and a Meritorious Unit Citation from Operation Iraqi Freedom. I have earned the Senior Aviator Badge and the Parachutist Badge. I am qualified in the AH-64D Longbow Apache, the AH-64A Apache, the OH-58 Kiowa, and the UH-1 Iroquois “Huey” Helicopter. 5th Infantry Division, Ft. Polk, Louisiana, 1-502d ATK AVN Regt, 1-4th ATK AVN Regt, 4ID, Ft. Hood, 1-3d ATK AVN Regt, 3ID, Hunter Army Airfield, Georgia, Brigade XO, of the 21st Cavalry Brigade, Ft. Hood. In 2005, 4th Combat Aviation Brigade, 4ID, Ft. Hood, Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005-06. Operations/Aviation, Currently deploy to Afghanistan, War Zone, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division.

I am a (widow) single with a kid. I'm a father of 23 years old Son named Michael currently schooling at England in a Military School on a scholarship... I lost my dearly wife at the world trade center terrorist attack 9 yrs ago September 11 2001 and this really hurt me and my son so much, I believe I have to continue my life and also make my son happy and also find the right lady that I will love so much and will also be a caring mum to my son Michael, because he has been complaining and worried that I should get married because he needs someone he can call his step mom when he will be back home. My Son, Michael is a very intelligent boy and I do cherish him a lot. He stayed with me in Washington. Before he got admission to school in England, I work with Military as a US Army. I can say am comfortable and have achieved lots in life by God grace and do believe in GOD so much and also God fearing man and hope you also believe in God also. I have a house I planned and build by myself. I see myself as a very hard working man. I have being lonely for a long time now and ever since my wife have pass away I haven't find anyone like her, because I believe before I could start again days will be long and I believe time doesn't wait for anybody and life is short...that's why I decided to make a try this time around and see if am gonna find that special woman for myself and make my son happy. I will be more happy to get to know you more deeply, please be open to me, just write me more about you, I have a lot to share with you just lets have believe and focus in this relationship...lets see where the God will lead us too.....please tell me more things about you.

Please write me as soon as you can I will be waiting for your next mail...And don't be hesitate to ask me any Question, I will be Happy to Answer you. I have a lot of companion and love to share with my woman...I am not here for games or to hurt feelings...I will give my woman love and every companion a princess deserve and you will never regret knowing me..I will be sending more of my pictures and my son Michael picture in my next email to you and will also like to see more of your photos as well when writing me back., Once again you are welcome to my World.

Thinking about you!

Yours in Love,

Maj David Chonis.
#43712 by Dotti Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:51 pm
Are you using readnotify or something along the lines? If you aren't, you can't rely on the IP from gmail to give you a location, as all emails sent from gmail will trace to California, regardless of the sender's location.

But there is absolutely no doubt that this is a romance scammer anyway. The English alone makes it abundantly clear, but a few points:
-Standard scenario (widow,single dad etc)
-English is atrocious and clearly not American-typical African mistakes/phrasing
-typical scammer religion references
-inserts an education/military history that is clearly copied from online
-gets basic information wrong (23 year old in British military school??)
-1st email and already talking about a stepmom for his son??? :shock: (and that's once again ignoring the fact that the son is supposed to be 23).

-

#47196 by Kaine Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:01 am
Reading this, I recognize that, although the stories are the same, only the name is different, that is Colonel Spencer Clark, but the rest is in identical, Spencer Clark is a scammer or not?
#47201 by Dotti Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:31 am
I take it that you have been in contact with someone with the same story, only he says he is Colonel Spencer Clark?

If I am understanding you right, then yes, the person calling himself Colonel Spencer Clark is also a scammer.

If you can post some of his early emails as well as his email address, you can help prevent others being scammed.

#47205 by Zapmaster Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:49 am
There is likely no real Spencer Clark; the pictures you have been sent are of real American servicemen, harvested off of blogsites and the like, many of whom are utterly unaware that their likenesses are being used to scam money out of innocent people.

The people doing the scamming are unutterable scum. They will cheerfully advise a mother to discontinue lifesaving medicine for her children so as to send them extra money (I have seen exactly that go through a post). They consider it their right to drive people to bankruptcy and beyond just to make some more money.

These romance scammers, while perhaps not the worst, are the sort of cowards who will dirty the name of perfectly honest American soldiers by using their pictures to trick lonely women out of their money. Meanwhile, if said soldiers had any idea where these people really were, there would be quite a few less scammers in the world. And I'd carry ammo for them.

Yeah, I've got issues. I've never fallen prey to a scammer like that, but a friend of mine - one I've known nearly all my life - lost $1500 to one of these scumbags, and nearly lost another $4000. So yeah, I have exactly zero time for any of these liars and thieves. If I knew where they lived and worked, I would personally supply targeting information.

Cheers,
Zapmaster
#47236 by nannygirl11 Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:35 pm
Can you please help explain how to track the IP address? I am not sure if I am doing it correctly...And can you explain for those who don't completely understand, what it means to copy a header...I noticed some people were saying they weren't sure if they were doing that step correctly or not. Thanks for any help!
#47239 by kirsten2612 Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:46 pm
Hi

I have recently been talking to a sgt arron smith who again is posted in Afghan,again us military

he asked for money for a phone connection this I have denied

how now wants money for leave again I have denied

I have the forms and the emails and photos that I would like you put on your site but do not know how to

please can someone help me with this

thanks
#47252 by David Jansen Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:06 pm
Welcome here Kirsten2612.

You can simply copy and paste the e mails into the reply field. For the photo's there's some usefull info about posting them here: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
#47254 by David Jansen Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:10 pm
nannygirl11 wrote:Can you please help explain how to track the IP address? I am not sure if I am doing it correctly...And can you explain for those who don't completely understand, what it means to copy a header...I noticed some people were saying they weren't sure if they were doing that step correctly or not. Thanks for any help!

If anyone needs to know how to get headers, and how to trace them, they can PM a support team member, who can explain it in detail. It is better we don't post it openly on the forums, as the scammers are reading it too. The less they know, the better it is.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
#48348 by liz Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:08 am
This guy was recently on spark dating website but was removed, I suspect as his profile is no longer available, very quickly. No profile name just a number. Exact same emails and similar requests but with different photos and different name. He is now calling himself Spencer Clark supposedly from Beverly Hills, CA. Same listed military career and honors. You'd think he could at least be creative enough to change a couple of lines in the emails. Watch out, he'll send gifts to appear genuine!

email address: [email protected]
IP address: 41.219.195.2