Information on romance scams and scammers.
#153566 by tina1960 Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:04 pm
Guy claiming he is a Sgt Johnson Smith from Jackson, MS. Says he's a widower wife was named Danielle and he has a son Joseph 7 who lives with his Mom in Nigeria. He claims to be stationed in Kabul, Afghanistan. After talking to this jerk for a whole week he says he's falling in love with me and the bam hits me up for money. I have a friend that does office work for the army and found this guy is fake and has a ton of complaints against the name for all the same reasons. This is actually some one in Nigeria looking for money. Same old scams. Ugh beware everyone!

here are the pics he stole from some one watch out!

Advertisement

#153571 by jolly_roger Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:18 am
It certainly is a scam Tina if a supposed soldier asks monetry assistance. Scrolling to the top of this page to the site search function will show this. Try typing the words, military scam, into the search box shows trillions of results. :cry: They all follow a familiar theme. Could you publish the email address of said scammer and perhaps the money request that was asked for? If possible post up the header too. Your report is valuable because others will be far less likely to have their fingers burnt in future.
#153782 by tina1960 Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:11 pm
We talked on messenger on Facebook. His facebook name is Johnson Smith. I just had another woman contact me yesterday saying she saw my post and was able to alert her sister in law to the same scam from this guy. He just hadn't got around to asking her for money yet. I've like a page about widowers on facebook and that's how he found me. Either I've been blocked or the page he used has been deleted I can't see it now. It had all the pictures I posted. I saw all the scams on this site when I searched and wanted to post my story too. I'm sorry I'm very new to message boards so I hope I posted correctly. Just wanted to make sure that another fake got exposed.
#290544 by Gabriella Bolyki Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:04 pm
MY scams name is Peter Scott, commander of army with four stars. His e-adress [email protected]. And he wrote me, he is a widower, has a son Alex, 13 years old. He is gone to a mission in syria. He sayd me, he ca'nt send money to his son, because in the mission he does nt have any money. I was so stupid, to Send money for an exursion, for New school books and the eastern money to "Alex". The reciver, the teacher from Akex, I have they found in Internet, the are 3 men from Ghana in, NM, Ohio, and the last men in Norfolk UK!!
And today he doese'nt wrote me again, becuse I sayd him, I will no buy Alex a new iphone.... And so Gameboy is over........
I would be with pleasure sending his photos......
I don't know, how it is possible. You can he Show if you search his Profil here with his e-Mail adress