Information on romance scams and scammers.
#173390 by jkind Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:53 pm
That is an awful photoshop, putting her head on a black woman's body. I find this very disturbing that they dare use the actual person's name. You know, there is one thing that may just happen---they could damage her career and subsequently damage their own 'career'. Maybe. With the number of photos available from Josie, they may never be able to deal with these folks. Those of us who got ripped off may share the photos we received, but that is only a drop in the bucket out of 4,500 pictures (approximately). You can also look on her website, you'll see how she usually dresses, or sometimes almost dresses---the outfit in this photo is way out of character. You are more likely to see dresses , skirts, bikinis, or sometimes nothing at all.
Advertisement

#173392 by jkind Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:13 pm
I feel bad for anyone sucked in by this -whoever it/they really is/are. I just closed out a wasted 2 1/2 years with someone using Josie's pictures. To say i feel like sh*t is a serious understatement. It just got more and more fishy in the end though--how is it that someone who says they are in love and describes you as "an Angel from God" winds up chatting with you only once every two or three weeks, and doesn't call or text anymore? The couple of times I was called, it did NOT sound anything like a gorgeous white girl would be expected to sound. It sounded more like one of those a**holes who calls to bother you about bills, or tries to sell things you don't want, like possibly an Indian, maybe African. Overall, I wasted a little over three years with four scammers, only the first and last one got money from me, the other two were too fishy. One of them knew exactly when to get online with me- but I never mentioned that info to them. Very strange. They obviously have record of your dating site username and other info. So guys and gals that got screwed over---it's highly advisable to change your username and close your email account and start a new one, that's what I've done- try and make it harder for them to track you down repeatedly.
#173783 by jkind Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:45 pm
I see how these letters they write have to be from a script, they just change them slightly in certain spots to address your desires. One of the most repulsive things they do is they claim to believe in God and are regular church goers. What kind of 'believers' do these kind of things to people? I hope there is a special place in Hell for them, see, this is what it means by "taking or using God's name in vain".
#174584 by jkind Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:15 am
I have continuing problems with scammers, no matter what site you use, there are issues, but what does it take to find the real women? Oh, yeah, basically the real ones are the ones who don't answer or are out of state. Go figure. Also what I run into lately is the profiles of course give a US state, but when they email you they give their email and a US phone number, but of course if you chat with them, it's not long before it comes up that their location is of course, Ghana. And not long before the money requests come----money for new webcam, undies, and then family emergencies. Does this sh^t ever end? I only have about two and a half weeks on Chemistry.com, if nothing good comes up, i am tempted to call it quits with these sites, which leaves me with no options on ever meeting anyone, as these sites seem to be so saturated with scam artists. It's ridiculous to pay $35- 40 a month for such results. :evil: :evil: One issue that i find impossible to dodge Is the fact that these people ALWAYS find you! no matter if you change usernames, big problem is---they still have your pictures, undoubtedly they post them somewhere to signify the easy marks. And the free websites have no one you really like, especially in your specific locale. This online dating has become a disaster. Seriously, I don't hardly have money to support myself and sure as hell don't have spare cash for everyone else. You try to cut contact but they may not give up. They will stay on Messenger for hours, waiting, like predators waiting for a meal.
#190738 by glynnpt Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:24 am
At one time when I was really bored, I spent quite a bit of time talking to a few of these scammers. It was usually very obvious that they were not genuine. Well if they were talking to me, they weren't talking to someone who would believe them. From the conversations Ghana must be overrun with beautiful White girls who have a Ghanaian parent, usually who has died in tragic car accidents. Eventually you get a photograph. Then they are committed to looking like that. Then the idea is to ask to see them on videocam. That's when you get the "I haven't got a cam, please buy me one". Sometimes you can get them to go to an internet cafe and use the webcams there. Especially if they think they can convince you they are genuine and you will then send money for a webcam, so you can see them whenever you want. If you get to the stage where you get to see them on cam, ask them to do something like put their hands on their head so you know it is not a pre-recorded video clip. By this time it gets a bit boring for them as they haven't managed to get money from you and they start looking for another person. They don't usually have the intelligence to use an unknown persons photo. So it is often easy to work out it is a scam using Google to search for the photos they send you
#251283 by rococo Fri May 15, 2015 8:00 pm
flirty9.com
karen.bentley84
30 years old - from: United States - looking for a man

About Me:
I'm an easy-going single lady, I'm full of life and fun to be with. I have a very great personality and also have a good job too. I get turned-off by liars and cheats as I am not interested in head-games. So please, don't bother to message me if you are here for just a pass time as I am interested in a matured man that knows what he wants and I wish to meet someone who is interested in a serious and committed relationship as I am tired of hear-breaks.

Hobbies:
I enjoy the simple things of life, I like cooking, movies, reading, traveling, swimming, bowling, mini golf, tennis, and also love to hang out with my friends.

Relationship:
Romance, Marriage

Partner:
I hope to meet an honest and caring person for a serious and committed relationship

CHAT;;
Hi, you have a nice profile and I would like to know you better... I'm karen from bristol tennessee, 30yrs old and I work as a sales rep.

I'd like to know you better though, so you can email me on
[email protected] to tell me more about yourself and also what you seek ...

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

pics -- Josie Ann Miller (Josiemodel)
#251286 by rococo Fri May 15, 2015 8:14 pm
clones on:
https://gh.linkedin.com/pub/philipa-fri ... 85/212/550
Philipa Frimpomaa
ceo at orphan company
Ghana Library
Currently: Orphan company
Previously: chipis childrens home
Education: marital university

https://www.facebook.com/lecourt.laurence
Lecourt Laurence
He works in humanitarian aid
She studied at the university: Université du Québec à Rimouski

:=) more pics:

Image Image
#279372 by scsa316tt Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:34 pm
Hey I received that same picture from someone using the name Mary Larbi Addotey and the person has been taking money from for months but I got sick and tired of it the person even tried to blackmail me for more money because they had sent me naked pictures of josie ann miller aka josie model and threatened to go to the police in ghana and have them contact the FBI in the United States and they have my pictures also I have blocked all contact from the person but I am still very afraid can they really do anything to me since they are scammers in ghana
my-love wrote:Unfortunately, I fell on the scam, because I was very much in love.
maybe I get information about this picture. perhaps it also reads josie itself.

She told me an incredible story.
I was blinded by love, and have also sent money.
she has admitted that she is the real josie and it's past. they want to start a new life with me. they now want to live a normal life
#279420 by AlanJones Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:41 am
A criminal will not go to the FBI. Just do as Bryon says and block them and stop all contact.

The only communication you will have from the "FBI" will be fake emails from the scammer claiming to be the FBI and trying to carry on scamming you. Just delete those as well.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#279545 by scsa316tt Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:09 pm
Just to let everyone know the person that scammed me with Josie Ann Miller's pictures was using the email addresses ([email protected]) and the name the person was using was Mary Larbi Addotey and I met her on match.com with the username profile Moringbless1232 which the scammer deleted after telling me that she wanted to chat with me on yahoo messenger and skype
#279550 by scsa316tt Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:55 pm
Hi I don't know what to do now when I got home this evening I saw a missed skype call and saw some kind of message but since I have her blocked the message dissappeared before I could see what it said now I'm scared again what if the message said they are sending someone after me I don't know how she was even able to call me on skype after being blocked do I need to add her to the spam list and remove her from my contact list please help.
AlanJones wrote:A criminal will not go to the FBI. Just do as Bryon says and block them and stop all contact.

The only communication you will have from the "FBI" will be fake emails from the scammer claiming to be the FBI and trying to carry on scamming you. Just delete those as well.