Information on romance scams and scammers.
Advertisement

#184861 by Smith Jones Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:05 pm
Junebug2013, I know this is rough for you. Everyone here at scamwarners wants to make sure nothing further happens to you. That is a lot of money to lose in your situation and my heart goes out to you. I understand how they can make it feel all so real and they tug at your heartstrings until you give what you never planned on giving. I too gave money when I should have known better. I believed my scammer wasn't one becasue he didn't fit the ideal mold of what i had seen described online. It all hurts and it all comes crashing down when all you wanted was love and someone to really care about you.
First, please make sure you are doing as directed and have stopped all contact with the scammer and anyone else. I know that is hard because you are angry and in revenge mode. It is the natural feeling you get when you know someone hurt you that deeply. The people here, who are saying what you don't want to here, are the ones who helped me when I got scammed. I needed cold hard reality to set me straight and stop me from doing further damage.
You will have a lot of emotional fallout from this. The anger and hurt will go away, to be replaced with sadness, feeling foolish, and it looks to me like financial repurcussions too. Please take it one step at a time. I had to look in the mirror and decide what made me so vulnerable that I would believe my scammer and do what I did. And I found it was because I wanted to believe a fairy tale. I wanted to believe that something good could happen to me, someone wonderful could come into my life and all would be well. I wanted that scammer to show up at my door and prove to the world he really was going to be with me. And it never happened and I had to face it.
You will get through this. Get the Mods as much info as you can. Report it to the police and work with your bank. I"m not sure what all can be done- mostly nothing happens except the good thing of you coming here so someone else will not be scammed by this lying person.
If there is anything I can do, if you need help with the healing, let me know. Take a breath and know at least you stopped it.
#208289 by gdschmidt2dogs Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:14 pm
Hi there: yes, yes, yes, he got you, and good!! It is such a scam!!! I am a very recent victim as well, I fell head over heels, same bs, then something always came up for more money, he also used that he was hurt so it would feel sorry, and stupid me, I did!!! I am out $8000.00, I am a single lady on my own too, I wanted love, he told me he loved me, he was coming for me, and we would get married! I really loved him, he was so sweet, and I am now heartbroken. They do this to get to you. They even make you feel guilty, and I have never, ever been so stressed out about anything in my life! I can't do anything, go anywhere, my credit is ruined, and it was SOOO excellent before all this. So I know how you are feeling, don't give up, you do have a big heart, and he took u for a good ride, don't let this stop u from finding love, I sure won't! Send me a message and I will support u!!! God bless you!!!
#208415 by CharleneYoung60 Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:54 pm
Hi Junebug:
I too was a victim of a scammer, he got me for $1400 and kept coming back for more, wanted $350, came back time after time, I really believed him, really believed who he told me he was. I had to draw on the advice of these good people and cut off any contact with him, I blocked him, refused his texts and calls. I found other women on here that he had scammed as well. I was very angry for a while and did not believe what people were trying to tell me. It does affect how you trust others when you go through this, just go slowly in any relationship that you are contemplating. I could not believe how it has affected my ability to trust. Just take it slow. Have to learn to trust all over again.
Char
#270667 by John Doe899 Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:51 am
junebug2013 wrote:SCAMMER: THOMAS CARMAN
I seriously need some advice QUICK!! I have been scammed for around $20k (embarrassingly) and I am not a stupid woman but I suppose vulnerable to finding love. The scammer, Thomas Carman, is presumably from the UK and this is my story in a nutshell: We met on a dating site and shortly after he went to Aberdeen, Scotland to bid on a job. He claimed to be a project manager/petroleum chemical engineer. The job was in Sri Lanka and he won the bid and went to the oil platform directly from Aberdeen. Shortly after arriving he claims to have lost internet service which is the only way to pay for equipment, staff, etc. He only needed to get through the first phase which included buying a new pneumonic drill. The job would pay him $5 million minus costs - obviously a healthy profit. So I helped as he would pay me back in 2 weeks. Then he needed more for expedited shipping. We couldn't get the full amount needed so ExxonMobil took him into custody at the airport pending a hearing and then trial. He was ordered to pay $500k or whatever that works out to in British pounds. He claimed to sell his houses, car, and other possessions through a friend, but of course he needed another $5000 and then he would come to live with me - for sure!!! He went to the airport and ExxonMobil stopped him from boarding the plane as his fine didnt clear their bank yet. This left $1500 short on plane fare because he was a "no-show" for the flight. I tried to send a MoneyGram and they actually stopped me and woke me up to what was happening - a scam! I told Thomas what MoneyGram claimed and he was so distraught he stopped the call. Next I knew a doctor from a hospital I cant find on the internet is telling me he walked into traffic and got hit by a car and is in intensive care. The dr also emailed me the hospital website, so these people have done some work to verify their story. Thomas' friend and sister contacted me via phone and text from the hospital stating he was beaten up but would be okay, except they needed help with the hospital bill. Oh yeah, my first payment was made by wire transfer to his friends account, which was reversed for some reason. After that I made cash deposits into his friends wife's account at wells Fargo. Can Wells Fargo help me? And what do I do to make these people crazy for putting me through all this? I want to keep them on the hook working with me if that's all I can do. I am on disability with rheumatoid arthritis and have an autistic son, which is why I just wanted something for me, but that's just sick to mess with a single mom like this!! I want some payback!! I have emails, pics and phone numbers if that helps anything. Can anyone give me some advice/help/tips?
Thanks in advance for just being here!!

I maybe able to help. This person scammed me too.
#270668 by John Doe899 Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:56 am
junebug2013 wrote:The following is contact info for Thomas Carman, his friend, Kelvin Asemota and sister, Sharon Duncahn (Im sure these are all fake names but that's all I have right now). I feel totally ganged up on!!

Thomas Carman
ph: +447442371331
emails: [email protected]
[email protected]

His best friend is: Kelvin Asemota
ph: 703-831-3738
UK: +2348162491935
email: [email protected]

Thomas' "sister" Sharon Duncahn
UK ph: +447721967934

Anybody who can help me get rid of or make them miserable, please help!!
I have pics of Thomas as well. Thanks in advance for your support!!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/momentville/146 ... medium.png
#377201 by Superwoman Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:18 am
John Doe899 wrote:
junebug2013 wrote:The following is contact info for Thomas Carman, his friend, Kelvin Asemota and sister, Sharon Duncahn (Im sure these are all fake names but that's all I have right now). I feel totally ganged up on!!

Thomas Carman
ph: +447442371331
emails: [email protected]
[email protected]

His best friend is: Kelvin Asemota
ph: 703-831-3738
UK: +2348162491935

Thomas' "sister" Sharon Duncahn
UK ph: +447721967934

Anybody who can help me get rid of or make them miserable, please help!!
I have pics of Thomas as well. Thanks in advance for your support!!

John Doe899 wrote:
junebug2013 wrote:SCAMMER: THOMAS CARMAN
I seriously need some advice QUICK!! I have been scammed for around $20k (embarrassingly) and I am not a stupid woman but I suppose vulnerable to finding love. The scammer, Thomas Carman, is presumably from the UK and this is my story in a nutshell: We met on a dating site and shortly after he went to Aberdeen, Scotland to bid on a job. He claimed to be a project manager/petroleum chemical engineer. The job was in Sri Lanka and he won the bid and went to the oil platform directly from Aberdeen. Shortly after arriving he claims to have lost internet service which is the only way to pay for equipment, staff, etc. He only needed to get through the first phase which included buying a new pneumonic drill. The job would pay him $5 million minus costs - obviously a healthy profit. So I helped as he would pay me back in 2 weeks. Then he needed more for expedited shipping. We couldn't get the full amount needed so ExxonMobil took him into custody at the airport pending a hearing and then trial. He was ordered to pay $500k or whatever that works out to in British pounds. He claimed to sell his houses, car, and other possessions through a friend, but of course he needed another $5000 and then he would come to live with me - for sure!!! He went to the airport and ExxonMobil stopped him from boarding the plane as his fine didnt clear their bank yet. This left $1500 short on plane fare because he was a "no-show" for the flight. I tried to send a MoneyGram and they actually stopped me and woke me up to what was happening - a scam! I told Thomas what MoneyGram claimed and he was so distraught he stopped the call. Next I knew a doctor from a hospital I cant find on the internet is telling me he walked into traffic and got hit by a car and is in intensive care. The dr also emailed me the hospital website, so these people have done some work to verify their story. Thomas' friend and sister contacted me via phone and text from the hospital stating he was beaten up but would be okay, except they needed help with the hospital bill. Oh yeah, my first payment was made by wire transfer to his friends account, which was reversed for some reason. After that I made cash deposits into his friends wife's account at wells Fargo. Can Wells Fargo help me? And what do I do to make these people crazy for putting me through all this? I want to keep them on the hook working with me if that's all I can do. I am on disability with rheumatoid arthritis and have an autistic son, which is why I just wanted something for me, but that's just sick to mess with a single mom like this!! I want some payback!! I have emails, pics and phone numbers if that helps anything. Can anyone give me some advice/help/tips?
Thanks in advance for just being here!!

I maybe able to help. This person scammed me too.
http://s3.amazonaws.com/momentville/146203/photos/3174556/3174556_medium.png

Hi there
I just found out like today that I'm being scammed most likely by the same person. Is there a photo i could see of this Thomas person. Mine has a different name
#377203 by AlanJones Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:24 am
The posts you are replying to are 3 years old, so it's unlikely any of the posters are going to return.

If you think you are being scammer then please start a new topic and provide full details of the person you are in contact with and then we can help you.