Information on romance scams and scammers.
#165023 by pipini2006 Fri May 10, 2013 9:31 am
The last few days I was approached by a male under the name Jarion Halbisengibbs, a very handsome sergeant who serves in Libya as he said. He found me on Wayn.
Of course he fall in love with me after he saw my smiling photo, I googled his name and I think that srg Jarion Halbisengibbs is a real person and his name/photo is used to scam.
What shall I do?
Consider that it is third attemp to scam me through romance :evil:
Advertisement

#165025 by began steele Fri May 10, 2013 10:10 am
Ignore him but if he has email address please post it. Also be aware of when US soldiers have left any country they were serving in, or if they were there at all. I won't say more to keep scammers puzzled if they read this .
Last edited by began steele on Fri May 10, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#165026 by TerranceBoyce Fri May 10, 2013 10:43 am
Welcome to Scamwarners pipini2006 and the idiot scammer proves he isn't a soldier, because the real Jarion Halbisengibbs is a member of US Special Forces and would never disclose his location. He didn't achieve what he is by hanging around bars and internet cafes.

The scammer is an immature liar with an intellect outmatched by most insects. He wouldn't qualify to get in the Boy Scouts.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#165032 by pipini2006 Fri May 10, 2013 12:08 pm
Well my romantic soldier LOL, is in Lybia!!!!
He did not asked me for money yet beacouse I have not tell him yet that I am in love with him :D , but he will surely do when he is convinced that he got me under his spells and clesed his WAYN account.
This is his meil: Jarion Halbisengibbs <[email protected]>

A soldier under this name appears in many photos in uniform etc the spamer uses one of his photos. The US Army srgt mast be a real person.

I was also contacted by Jupp Muller <[email protected]>
who also uses a photo I did not checked

I also contacted by David Donald <[email protected]>
He was my first and I admit I almost believe him. But during our email exchanging I noticed that he did read me emails, I asked him to skype with me but he refused, he asked me to call him( the reach engineer) and when I did his accent was like he were African not English and I putted him on a test. I sed him that I was falling for him and after only two days he asked me for money.
Here is the details of his partner account ( I suspect false)

First name: KHUMBULANI
Last name: NGULUBE
Address: Sehit Mustafa A. Ruso Cad no. 159 Lefkosa
City: ISTANBUL
Purpose of Payment: FAMILY PURPOSE

Do I have to close my accounts on facebook, google meil and on WAYN?
#165035 by began steele Fri May 10, 2013 12:37 pm
Here is Jupp Muller.
https://www.facebook.com/jupp.muller.144
Worked at Oil & Gas Consultant

Studied at Technical University of Munich
Past: Schweinfurt High School

Lives in North Chicago, Illinois

From Chicago, Illinois

[email protected] is a bit different. He is here.
https://www.facebook.com/david.simomogspeed.7
Studied at stm nasional

Seems this is Indonesia. I am wondering if he is an African fake student similar to ones in Malaysia. However the mention of Turkey an up and coming scam hub does not surprise me .

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#165036 by TerranceBoyce Fri May 10, 2013 12:39 pm
Certainly not pipini2006.

All you have to do is think of ways to humiliate pathetic males who have to pretend to be someone else to impress you. :twisted:

Ask them if they have an inferiority complex because you'll be glad to help make it worse. :lol:

Treat them as your lab rats and, if they cry, tell them you're better looking and tougher than they are. If you know what they are and how to recognise them, you have nothing to fear. They'll amuse you.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#165054 by pipini2006 Fri May 10, 2013 4:47 pm
Is this a good answer?
" David dear, I thought a lot about spending my money on a man.
You see in Greece a man who asks money from a lady is a ziggolo and in Greece ziggolos are very handsome young men, models. I will spend my weekend with a young model spending only 250 euros and I will live on the rest 50 for a week.
And all that thanks to you!"

LOL
#165055 by vonpaso xlura Fri May 10, 2013 5:05 pm
If you're going to answer scammers, knowing that they are scammers, please see http://forum.419eater.com for the necessary precautions. If you've been talking to him as yourself, drop him and start over as someone else.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#165057 by Teex29 Fri May 10, 2013 5:24 pm
Or she could find a good Ba88ter and let them work their magic :laugh-s:

If You Don't Stand For Something Then you Will Fall For Anything.

Not Sure Who You Are Talking To Spokeo.Com do a people search on them.

US Military servicemembers DO NOT NEED your money for any reason they have access to their own money at all times.
#165067 by TerranceBoyce Fri May 10, 2013 6:32 pm
A scam baiter is someone who dupes, fools and torments scammers in a variety of ways pipini2006. I do it and have achieved some notable successes.

Perhaps my response was not clear. I wasn't suggesting that you bait scammers, but you have nothing to fear from them if you can recognise who they are, and running and hiding from them achieves nothing. They are worthless and pointless human beings and should be treated with contempt. How you treat them with contempt is up to you. Ignoring them is sufficient.

I appreciate that my reply wasn't well written and I wasn't meaning to suggest that you bait scammers.

#165102 by pipini2006 Sat May 11, 2013 2:27 am
Thank you for your reply, English is not my native language and I can not understand abbreviations.
Well I do not have time to spent on scamers and I believe that it is worthless, there are out there people doing this much better than I can.
I am sure I know how to recognize a scamer and I am capable to protect my self but I do not know how to protect my personal data.
Have a nice day all of you