Information on romance scams and scammers.
#167509 by AngryVictim Fri May 31, 2013 10:42 pm
North Sea Oil Rig Scam – Dating

A scam involving online dating sites. You will be corresponding with a man – usually very good looking who will tell you something along the lines of he is a Sub Contractor supplying his own equipment and currently is on the oil rig – most likely in the North Sea. He will woo you with romantic emails, have you chatting on Gtalk (google) or Yahoo Messanger. He might even try to webcam you – but he will only be able to see you, you will NEVER SEE HIM. He will tell you his webcam is broken, not working etc.

He will tell you how the production of his project is low, the equipment is not working and he can not come home until his project if completed.

Then he will tell you his credit card has been compromised when he sent you flowers (or gifts) online and can not buy the equipment he needs.

Then he will be asking you for a favour – send money to him to buy the equipment so he can come home.
This person started using the name Matthew Cutriss but has moved onto other names / profiles since being reported to scam sites. See this below website we set up when we discovered Matthew Cutriss was a fake scammer.

Removed for safety of readers and poster - CW
[email protected]

Email they use are:-
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

These creatures are disgusting
Last edited by Con Warner on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed url
Advertisement

#174577 by Iamsostupid Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:31 am
I just had this experience but it was too late I have lost all my money but I am willing to help other and I can provide all information I have about the scam. My case his name is Peter hovarth, he has the Facebook account http://www.facebook.com/hovath.pete/inf ... 158227%3A8
But I am not sure if that man' photo been stolen.

The email he use is [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected].

The story is similar from above I can't believe I was the victim I hope this will help
#295396 by warda Wed May 18, 2016 9:46 am
Hi,

I am in contact with what seems like a lovely guy off the Daily Telegraph Dating Site named William Adams. He may be real but I am not sure. We have been chatting for a long time but he has seen me but Ihave not seen him so it sounds suspicious to me. He is still in touch with me but he wanted to cut short his contract so he could be with me and retire but in order to enable him to go he needed to pay for his licence so I like a fool I think sent a payment to JMP Wilcox & Co Ltd Bank Lloyds Bank and I have the account number for £1,950 and another to Cookstown Textiles with an Ulster Bank for £2,800. He asked for another but I told him I have no more money and he said he would sort it. He says he is a Petroleum Engineer and there is a picture of him on Skype and he gave me his address. I am still in contact with him but I need to know if its real or not. I can't afford to lose that money either. I wrote an email to both companies asking them if they had received the payments yesterday evening so hopefully they will reply. How can I go about this please to find out and how could I get my money back if it is a scam? Thanks for your help on this.