Information on romance scams and scammers.
#193721 by cama Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:09 am
Hi Smith Jones, thank you :)
his profile on Facebook is still current. I no longer have any contact with him because it blocked.
Regards
Advertisement

#193959 by toughmom35 Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:30 pm
I just got a message from this on my FB just last Tuesday and yesterday. His message was in the "others" folder of the mesage. I am just wondering how he saw my profile when my privacy is set for friends only and i choose "cannot be searched but friends only.
Same messages as the ones posted here. Hes an engineer at a shipping company. Only son, married but wife died in car accident, one daughter, etc, etc.
#209870 by Smith Jones Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:55 pm
Hi Graxaness, thanks for posting the scammers most recent information. If you have any emails or chat information and could post that, it would be a help too.
I'm glad you know the truth that this person is active on Facebook to scam people. Unfortunately, that is becoming an active method for these liars. If we can provide any assistance, let us know
#233420 by Getfaraway Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:27 am
I have been receiving the EXACT messages through email from engineer Tom Collinton, (aka Ken Adams, Henry Schmid), only child of Professor and Dr. Mrs. Collinton Tony Scott of the blessed memory. Exactly the same messages reported of Ken Adams engineer in 2013. Met this guy from Mingle2 site last week. Two messages so far and with a photo each time. His email address is [email protected].
Claims to be Australian born and works for American Shipping Company in Kennett Square. Oh, and he will be sailing to Australia today for one week. Same scammer is using these pictures;

This was the first message received!
Hello Beauty,
How are you today. Am glad to meet you It gives me courage that my good dreams are already coming to pass. I will like to tell you more about myself but where do I start from okay. My name is Tom Collinton. I was born in Australia an Engineer by profession. I like your profile and you look so beautiful. I work with American shipping company. I have been with the company for 15 years as the director of operations . I am the only child of my late parents Professor and Dr. Mrs Collinton Tony Scott of the blessed memory. I was married before, but lost my wife in a car wreck three years ago. May her soul rest in peace. I have no kid. I want to spend the rest of my life with someone who is friendly, honest, caring, trustworthy and God fearing. I find very much peace and tranquility here. I`m 5`11" 190 bls with a athletic build, mentally stable, physically fit, a bunch of laughs, warm, caring, honest, a good listener, God Fearing, and a positive person.I am real easy person to talk to and a loving and outgoing man.I like going to the movies, or watching movies in my room or Cabin, I like swimming, listening to music and dance to any kind of music, I sing, sailing, going bowling and also a good cook. I am a family oriented person, love children and there is more, but it would be better for you to find some things out for yourself. It is very important for me to build a life of stability, security, and opportunity for the special person I hope to share my thoughts, feelings, experiences, dreams and fantasies with, and to offer the best opportunities for any kid that might be included in my life, both mine and that special person's children, and that is my focus at this time and I also do enjoy my job though risky because we are always on the high sea as a Ship Engineer. I am really interested in wanting to know about what makes you the special person you are today, I want to know more about your family, your background, your life experiences, past relationships, your goals and dreams, your interests, and anything else you want to tell me. I even want to learn about the secrets you very rarely share with with someone!. So come on and share it all with me, as I am not here to talk to you about general things such as partying, the weather, sports, e.t.c. I want to learn about you and what makes up your heart and soul, as the friendship I want to build with you I want it to be like no other you have ever shared in or experienced. This friendship I want to build with you will be filled with substance, quality, spirituality, love, faithfulness and potential. Hope i didn't write much of a novel.............lol.
Hope to hear from you soon.Until then have a pleasant day.

Engr. Tom Collinton
#233654 by Getfaraway Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:35 am
Bryon Williams wrote:Welcome to Scamwarners bern,

What email address did he use with you?

This guy is back in action! Preying on victims on Mingle2 posing as an engineer again and claims to be Australian born this time. His user name is tomcolinton and the email address he is using now is [email protected] ! Claims to work for American Shipping Company (that has only been in business for 10 years) for the past 15 years as director of operations. Same exact email messages, different name! Tom Collinton this time! Beware!

Bryon Williams wrote:Welcome to Scamwarners bern,

What email address did he use with you?
#278394 by Izzah Gidhwani Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:31 am
I received the same messages last November 6 2015 in Tagged site.
He is now MORRISON LUGUARD... currently active and still hooking Filipina girls in Facebook site...
#278499 by Izzah Gidhwani Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:32 am
My Queen, How are you today? I guess you are fine? Please I need your prayers. We are now at the Le-ban Island close to India Ocean and our ship have develop a major fault and we are now moving at a very slow pace. Please Pray for me and the crew members that nothing happen to us.

Hugs and kisses

Dec 8 at 5:58am · Sent from Web
#307683 by Ladychela Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:55 am
found me on Zoosk. NOW ADAMS WILLIAMS @ [email protected] from Austin Texas had to go to Cyprus. Is an engineer. I started getting suspicious from the beginning. Started investigation & scamwaners pops up. Started reading this peticular post & literally was copying the same words!!!(see below) Called him on it, quickly excalated, needed money, I played along to see if I could n address sure enough wanted me to send him $ to North Cyprus

He is using a Turkey cell number now had a Texas number at beginning. I have a lot of emails & pictures which I'm more than are not him. Started getting ugly have stopped answering his mssgs & calls.

Good Morning Darling,
I can say you are the sole comforter to me, the only one who ever took the pain to understand me you dry every tear that falls down my cheeks. Loving you is the best thing that ever happened to me and I will forever cherish you my love. Every night I dream of heaven, and I'd gotten used to the idea that they are looking for an angel, one that went missing the day you stepped into my life, the day all my sorrows were washed away and I took a step into the impossible, crossing the margin from natural to supernatural. You are my angel and forever you will be. The one whose memories I will treasure forever till the day I turn into an angel like you. I am listening to this song By Michael Jackson (Speechless,cos that's how you make me feel. You can find it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btrruvw5L4I
Things could not be any better than having you in my life. You are my inspiration and my shoulder to cry on, you're the one who stands by me through everything and most of all and you make me know that I am loved. There is no one that completes me the way that you do. You mean everything to me there is nothing that I would not do for you and there is no one else I would want to share my life with. You are the reason I get up each morning, and you make me look at life with a new perspective. I have never met anyone as wonderful as you. I really miss you.

Adams.
#308019 by AlanJones Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:36 am
Thanks for posting Adams Williams [email protected] is a definite romance scammer.

Legitimate people do not beg strangers that they hardly know for money.

The best thing to do is totally block him and not respond any further messages from him.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.