Information on romance scams and scammers.
#173832 by Faizan Docherty Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:45 pm
Mark Pleasants: Predator romance scammer posing as a military member. Here is a sample of his format:

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: <snipped>
Sent: Friday, 9 August 2013 10:55 PM
Subject: Hello sweetie

Hello sweetie,

Well, what can I say apart from, "Wow!" We've had many rides on the Love Roller Coaster. We've had our downs, but with plenty more ups, and I am so sincerely and utterly devoted to you. We are both birds of free spirit, but we fly together forever. It is you who I am so sure of spending the rest of my life with, to marry, to have children with, to love and to cherish forever and eternally. And as fear can stop you loving, love can stop your fear. I believe this to be true. When I look towards our future, you are always pictured there. I worry and I care for you. This is meant to be, <snipped>. I have no doubt whatsoever in my mind.

I have previously thought that I have been in love, but then you came along, took my hand and educated me further into learning as to what love REALLY is. I have so much to thank you for. Thank you for believing in me when I could see no light. Thank you for picking me up when I fell and for kissing the tears off of my face. Thank you for giving me the freedom to tell you how I feel without feeling scared of your reaction. Thank you for your respect of my thoughts and feelings.

The fact that STILL I cannot find the words to describe exactly how my heart feels when I am on line with you, infuriates me. However, even if I had all descriptive vocabulary embedded unto my brain, I am sure that there still would not be a word that would fit exactly right. If I was ask to make just one wish it would be to be in your arms. I hope I get to see you someday good looking.

Before you came along, I use to think that I was ugly and just not special but now that you are in my life, you have made me feel like I am special and pretty. You never want to hear from me that I am ugly and not worth it. I know that I am worth so much to you and I love that in you.No matter what happens in our lives, I know that you made my life so much better and I love you.

Love always,
Mark

Please DO NOT tell a scammer that he has been posted here!

If you wish you can email me at
faizandocherty @ scamwarners [dot] com

How do I find email headers???

How to analyze an email header.
Advertisement

#176638 by tasss Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:28 am
I had been contacted on Facebook from someone called Mark Pleasants claiming to be in the military police now based in Afghanistan, divorced from Texas. Just some things didn't seem right. I've been corresponding with him on Facebook and looked at all his pics and they seemed quite authentic. I live in Queensland Australia so went through his friends on Facebook and found that there were a few girls also in the same area that I live listed as his friends. But there wasnt much other information on his Facebook page and it was only created in July this year. Just the way he spoke set off some bells it certainly didn't seem as if English was his first language. So I started doing some Googling and came across romance scamwarners with Mark Pleasants listed and photos of supposedly him. Some of the same photos he had sent me. So now he has been blocked completely and I've reported him to Facebook but they never do anything. So be warned if someone named MARK PLEASANTS contacts you on FACEBOOK, ban him! He is a scammer!
#339624 by AlanJones Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:07 pm
This topic is 4 years old, the chances of the original poster returning or having any details of the scammer are unlikely, and even if they do, it proves nothing as scammers regularly change the fake details/photos that they use.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.