Information on romance scams and scammers.
#177366 by animallover73 Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:50 am
Hi, everyone,

Last week a friend created a page on datehookup.com to see what kind of people are on there. A few days later, my friend was approached by Anthony Mills who has the id: cuteheart2luvu. They corresponded and talked on messenger. We shared values, and exchanged pictures. After reading about all the romance scams, I am very skeptical for my friend because of the similarities, I see. Attached are some messages he sent to my friend:
"From my sincere [email protected] 6:18 am (3 days ago)to me

Good morning, how are you doing today and how was your lovely night rest. I hope you did dream about me. My Dearest [...]! Woke up this morning thinking about you and I must confess that ever since we spoke so deeply this week, I am growing to like you so deeply. I have heard it said that online romances don't last,but I disagree. I know that what we are doing may be considered wrong by some,but I also know what I feel in my heart,and I know that it's real.
I lay awake at night, sometimes just looking at your pics is just like i am in love, and feel like i was with you cause I missed talking to you and can't hold you and talk to you. I know that we can't change the past,and I know that we can't predict the future,but my heart does not lie... I am so deeply falling for you and I want to be really sure we are meant to be together forever.
When you speak to me on here,my heart skips a beat. When I look at your beautiful face and lovely lips on pics,I see am deeply falling for you and i hope to see you sooner than i can imagine. When we talk to each other babe you so sweet and passionate,I can feel the emotion just like am holding you closely... We may not be married to each other,but the love still goes on,and I just want you to know that you are precious to me and no matter how this story turns out, I will always love you if you can give me your love,heart and trust,now and forever,but i have to be sure of who my heart is with Fernanda if it really safe with the one who really would treat it right.. I like you so much [...].. Take good care of yourself all the time for me lots of kisses and hugs to you from my heart lol....xoxoxoxo
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

Hi gorgeous, Thanks for getting back to me with your personal email address.. Good to hear from you, I just want to tell you something and qualities of what i seek in a Woman, I know you might not have all the qualities, but i'm sure you do have few of the qualities, what I am looking for is someone who will get to know me, who will love me forever and be there for me, who is willing to merge her soul with mine to result in what is called fate then later merge her heart with mine and that will be marriage and then I get to live with her in her humble abode(heart) for ever and start a family with. I am single and I am looking for someone who understands love and know what love is, someone who is not ready to play with my heart, someone who will value my heart and life when i give her my heart, I am the type who gives his heart to the one i am in love with in a relationship and this has been my believe that relationship is built on trust,honesty,faithfulness and love, also passion,caring for one another,the ability to compromise and grow, That is what i call true love and this include being there for each other through thick and thin ,in good times and in bad times, Willing to share your last penny to save your partners life in a dying situation ,True love, an emotion so strong that you would give up everything. To just feel it once, to know that you are a part of something special, To know that you can feel what love really is; to know, to feel, to love."To love someone is to understand each other, to laugh together, to smile with your heart and to trust one another. One important thing is to let each other go if you can't do this."True love is a covenant that we build on a strong foundation. It is with true love as it is with ghosts; everyone talks about it, but few have seen it. I promise to make my one and only the most happiest Woman on earth if only she is willing to accept me as part of her life. In her world i would be the HERO,I will be there whenever she needs me and promise never to do anything to hurt her feelings. I will love her just the way she is, being blind, disable, deaf or dumb or whatever category that she falls in and what I have known and believed all this while is that Death can not stop true love, it can only delay it for a little while. I am ever willing to do anything to have my true love forever and sail to the end of the sea with her. I promised to be the man of her dreams because I'm not going to let her down, I assure her my whole heart. I can't tell if that special person is you but why don't you write me and let's find out what happens. I think this is all i can say about what i want from a Woman like you but if you feels there's more you want to know about me,please you're more than welcome to ask any question. I have to go now ... Hope to read from you real soon.

Warm Smile
Charles
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN"

He sent my friend some pictures, too. Now after reading on romance scam. I wonder if he is legit!!!

Anything would be appreciated it.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2& ... &safe=1&zw
Last edited by animallover73 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#177378 by Grunt Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:28 pm
@animallover73
scammer for sure!!!
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN"

MTN blackberry - major provider in Westafrica, predominantly Nigeria

got booted on FB
Anthony Mills
still on
speeddate
here seeking in the UK
however, ... claims to be from CT, USA :=) - minor geography problems

http://www.speeddate.com/online-dating/singles-in-Greenwich-United+Kingdom-id-GB-p-1.html
cuteheart_41love
44, Male seeking Female
Greenwich, CT

More About Me
First if you wish to get in contact with me text me on my digits which is two zero three three four zero zero one seven six. I am a Christian, I am straight forward, strong willed and I do not smoke. I believe in treating others as i like to be treated - with kindness,courtesy,consideration, kindness and honesty. I do not judge others that is up to God, and i am not prejudice unless it comes to someones negative character and lack of respect. I view others through their eyes the window of the soul, not their physical features etc. Seek a serious relationship that will lead to marriage so please no games.

Who I Would Like to Meet
I seek someone who will get to know me ,who will love me forever and be there for me ,who is willing to merge her soul with mine to result in what is called fate then later merge her heart with mine and that will be marriage and then I get to live with her in her humble abode(heart) for ever and start a family with. I am single and I am looking for someone who understands love and know what love is,Someone who is not ready to play with my heart, Someone who will value my heart and life when i give her my heart, I am the type who gives his heart to the one i am in love with in a relationship and this has been my believe that relationship is built on trust ,honesty ,faithfulness and love, Also passion,caring for one another,the ability to compromise and grow, That is what i call true love and this include being there for each other through thick and thin ,in good times and in bad times, Willing to share your last penny to save your partners life in a dying situation ,True love, an emotion so strong that you would give up everything.

#177436 by Grunt Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:46 am
Hi gorgeous, Thanks for getting back to my personal email address ..To start off my name are :mrgreen: Anthony Charles Mills, I work as an engineer and deal with importing and exporting of timber-wood...I am divorce with no kid also live alone....I am a wonderful, single man with a heart of gold, a man you would love to meet and even spend the whole rest of your life with as am also willing to meet that special woman God has sent to me,that i will be with from now til death do us part.I just need every thing i ever wanted in one woman only,am ready to spend both my day and night with that special woman.I'm my own man and I am comfortable with my own life.. I'm handsome, kind and respectful, well-spoken, and. I am extremely passionate and affectionate...I'm just an everyday, ordinary, average, normal man. Nothing special about me. I consider myself to be very simple. I believe that women needs to be treated with respect and as a equal partner in a relationship, but all I seem to find is the ones that does not know how to respond to that or is untrustworthy to it. I feel like you should treat somebody with respect and like they are a person not a piece of meat or whatever. I am the type of person who wants somebody to feel wanted not just as a trophy. I am a very affectionate person and I love to cuddle, I like to show somebody how I feel not just telling them. I love to be close to somebody whether it is in the bed on the couch or wherever. I guess my dreams would be is to be happy and have a family my goals in life I want to go into business for my self one day but that will be a while from now. I guess I want to work on my love life and be happy first and to have a family, but I guess when the time is right it will happen. I like to play sports just as much as I do watching them. Most of all i like to spend time with who I am with, and cuddle up and watch a movie. It is my opinion that we all want the same thing in regards to a partner, and that most of us either do not know how or is scared to and sabotage themselves from getting it. OK, I like the outdoors, but I don't care about hunting or fishing, well I will fish with an un-baited hook if it means I will get to spend some time with someone I care about. There are a lot of things I like doing as in dancing, cooking, camping, etc. My ultimate goal and what I hink would make me happy is to get back on my feet and have a woman by my side that I love and loves me. I am very relationship oriented and I believe life is too short to waste. When I am in a relationship I am committed, honest, and loyal. I think that falling in love is always a good thing, even if it doesn't work out.. There is always something to learn from being with someone, and happy times and memories should be cherished. Friendship comes first for me. That is not to say I never get hurt because I do. I have been burnt so bad. My last relationship ended on a very sad note for me but I do not believe in regrets. I tell you this because I cannot predict the future. For some people a relationship has to be all or nothing but I don't feel that way... Love to read from you too.
Warm Smile
Charles

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

X-Rocket-Received: from b14.c18.bise7.blackberry (cuteheart_41love@178.239.87.185)---> African Blackberry
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013

@animallover73
I marked just a few words scammers generally use in their messages
importing and exporting
- this is mentioned to explain why they are currently in West Africa :lol:
the Grammar is poor

the typical
read from you --- red flag immediately

not to mention a message like this as first message ever to a person he does not even know ad never met before!!!

Image Image
#177445 by animallover73 Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:55 am
OMG... I got that a week ago. The same email and pictures the next day...WTF, is this person!!! But then I assumed those were simple mistakes. I make typing mistakes too. The good thing is, he hasn't asked me for money. Has he asked others for money? How does he scam people? And where did you get this info, out of curiosity? I don't know. I am still shaking my head at this and can't understand why people would scam others.
#177515 by animallover73 Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:53 am
How can he be reported? What he is doing is wrong.
I just got a message from him asking for money and to open a bank account for him. And supposedly he has a company called Stecro!!! I tried to google it and nothing came up!
REALLY!!!???? So ticked off right now!!!
How dare he!?
Guess what, can't get what I don't have. Don't have time for this BS!
#178979 by drussut Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:32 pm
I've received the same messages. I was quickly approached once putting a profile on datehookup.com He has texted me using 1-203-340-0176. I ran the images he sent through TinEye.com and they didn't come up as being used on other sites.

These scammers have to be stopped. They are ruining it for the people actually trying hard to meet.

#180516 by Dotti Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:23 pm
No, the pics aren't him.

He is a young, black, African man who makes his living posing as an older white gentleman and establishing fake relationships with women so he can steal their money.

The person in the photos has no connection to the scam. He just made the unfortunate mistake of posting his photos on the internet where a criminal could come along and take them for his own use.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.