Information on romance scams and scammers.
#180548 by Dotti Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:48 am
Many photo owners are already aware of the use of their photos. Unfortunately, when a scammer finds a set of photos he likes (for example, on a modeling site or a social networking page), he saves them all to his own drive, so even if the owner turns the page private or blocks further access, the scammer can continue to use them. That is why we mark the photos on this site--we don't want to hand them to more scammers for use.

More often than not, the real people in the photos do NOT welcome contact from victims who were scammed with their photos. They can't stop it, and it puts them in a bad position. Several of the real people have found themselves being harassed by victims who just couldn't accept that they were not the scammer, or who took their feelings for the scammer's character and tried to transfer them to the real person. Some have reported repeated phone calls at home, at work, even to their wives or girlfriends, by women who were scammed. Some of the real people have been nasty or insulting to the victim who contacted them, adding even more heartache as a result of the scam. Others are aspiring models or actors, and regardless of the use of their photos, they can't take them down because they need them posted to get work. So it only frustrates them and means they are hurt as well.

It can also be hard sometimes to identify the real person. You may find a facebook page with the photos that looks real, but it could just be a better scam profile. If you alert the person through that page, you may actually be warning a scammer to cover his tracks instead of warning the real person.

So in general, we recommend against trying to find him.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
Advertisement

#180605 by Bryon Williams Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:04 pm
@animallover73,

Law Enforcement can not catch him because they do not know who he is. Everything he said is a lie. He is using stolen pictures, fake names and free email addresses.

The reason he asked you to open a bank account was because he was about to use you to help scam other women. He was going to have other victims send you money. He then would have you send the money to him/fake name or another mule.

Scammers are criminals they very rarely leave clues of who they are. Scammers also know that our Law Enforcement is stopped at our borders. Scammers often bribe officials in their countries to look the other way.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#180608 by Smith Jones Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:30 pm
Hi animallover73. I am glad you contacted this site. Please make sure you have stopped all contact with this person. No matter what he claims, he is only telling you what you want to hear so that he can get money from you. Do not email him, chat with him, talk with him on the phone. He will continue to try to contact you- just ignore him. Just be thankful you didn't send him any money or go any further.
One of the hardest things is dealing with the fallout from this. You will be ticked off at him. You will be angry at yourself. Understand this is what he does for a living, this is his job, to make you believe he is in love with you and tell you everything you want to hear. I too was scammed and I still have days where I am very mad at myself and feel very stupid for what happened. Just remember to learn from this situation if you are on dating sites again.
#180612 by Smith Jones Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:59 pm
I totally understand how you feel. I went on match.com, got scammed. I went on BBWCupid and had something like 11 scammers contact me in about 2 days. You are not stupid- it is his job to make you feel wonderful, full of hope that maybe some great guy does exist out there for you. You didn't ask for this- all you did was respond to someone on the internet because you wanted to meet someone new. You stopped it, so something in you knew it wasn't right and you should be proud of yourself for seeing that when you did. I wasn't so lucky- I got so charmed that I sent my scammer money.
Healing takes some time. Be nice to yourself but continue to be smart if you are still looking online for love. I have friends who have found great guys via online dating so don't despair. Just stay smart and know that if you're unsure, don't be afraid to ask for help
#259969 by Mirabela Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:24 pm
Hi!
I signed up on match.com and after few hours I've got contact by a guy: keith Coyle" <[email protected]
We chat for a bit and than we switch to text messages 8328951515.
Got 2 emails:

1. Dear XXXX , can i call you that, i figured i could cause its in your email but i hope
you do not find it offensive, sorry i sleep early and i have to review work documents
before i sleep but Thanks again for getting back to me lately, i know i have been awfully busy..I do really
Appreciate it,Well i want you to know that this is my first time doing this online stuff ,A very good
friend of mine introduced me to this internet dating, he found his soul mate on
here and i thought i would give this a try as well...so tell me since when have
you been doing this online internet dating and how many people have you met on
the internet, You are the first person i'm trying this with and i hope that it
does work out for me(us), More also, A Little more about me,I like to do all
the normal things that a human loves doing. I want to find my best friend and
lover wrapped up into one.I guess best friend and lover wrapped up into one
really doesn't describe it the way I would like.I want to meet that life partner
that I can not wait to wake up in the morning to see or get home from work to
share smiles, laughs and good conversation.I want to be able to pick up the
phone at work and tell that special somebody what the goofy person in the next
office over just did. I would like to meet that one person the person that will
love me as much as I love will love her,And also show each other the love in
little special ways,I am sick and tired of games!!!!.Send lovely E cards for no
reasons or cook some soup when you are feeling under the weather. I guess you
get the hint. I am a romantic and I do believe that my one love is out there...I
would be looking forward to read from you and if you are really serious about
getting to know one another even with the Distance then write back cause i would be busy
alot during work but i am sure we can work on something ..
Dying to read from you
Keith

so i just want to tell you something and qualities of what i seek in a Woman, i know you might
not have all the qualities, but i'm sure you do have few of the qualities, what I am looking for is
someone who will get to know me ,who will love me forever and be there for me ,who is willing to
merge her soul with mine to result in what is called fate then later merge her
heart with mine and that will be marriage and then I get to live with her in her
humble abode(heart) for ever and start a family with. I am single and I am
looking for someone who understands love and know what love is,Someone who is
not ready to play with my heart, Someone who will value my heart and life when i
give her my heart, I am the type who gives his heart to the one i am in love
with in a relationship and this has been my believe that relationship is built
on trust ,honesty ,faithfulness and love, Also passion,caring for one
another,the ability to compromise and grow, That is what i call true love and
this include being there for each other through thick and thin ,in good times
and in bad times, Willing to share your last penny to save your partners life in
a dying situation ,True love, an emotion so strong that you would give up
everything. To just feel it once, to know that you are a part of something
special, To know that you can feel what love really is; to know, to feel, to
love."To love someone is to understand each other, to laugh together, to smile
with your heart and to trust one another. One important thing is to let each
other go if you can't do this."True love is a covenant that we build on a strong
foundation. It is with true love as it is with ghosts; everyone talks about it,
but few have seen it. I promise to make my one and only the most happiest Woman
on earth if only she is willing to accept me as part of her life. In her world i
would be the HERO,I will be there whenever she needs me and promise never to do
anything to hurt her feelings. I will love her just the way she is, being blind,
disable, deaf or dumb or whatever category that she falls in and what I have
known and believed all this while is that Death can not stop true love, it can
only delay it for a little while.I am ever willing to do anything to have my
true love forever and sail to the end of the sea with her.I promised to be the
man of her dreams because I'm not going to let her down, I assure her my whole
heart. I can't tell if that special person is you but why don't you write me and
let's find out what happens.I think this is all i can say about what i want from
a Woman like you but if you feels there's more you want to know about me,please
you're more than welcome to ask any question. i would still be strolling and sight seeing ,
i noticed you more of a calling person but i am not usually always walking and texting until i am
sitting down... so bear with me till i am settled, i would be waiting for your reply
Keith

He sent me pictures as well!

Today he told me he will ask me to run some errands for him :" It's just to help me pick up some money and help me sending it to people through western union. Some engineers offshore". I told him OK.
I just called him, he told me he is in Los Angeles for a business trip. I asked him what the temperature is and he told me is very hot when actually is not hot at all for LA (80 F) :D I mean it's hot but not for somebody that lives in Las Vegas as he claims.
It's obvious now that is a scam; should i play along a bit longer to get more details?

Thanks
#348703 by bisongal Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:37 pm
I received this tonight, I smelled something odd. I have NOT met this guy and was just very crazy for a guy who called me from match.com to write like this. I just wanted to meet friends and date. I copied and pasted and found this site!

Good Evening,

How are you today sweetie? I have to say the last few days have been incredibly different for me. I have had a smile on my face and its gets bigger when I talk to you. I had a great presentation and a standing ovation. I am hoping your day went well also. xxxx I am at that stage in my life where I am ready to embrace happiness. I am just looking for someone who understands love and knows what love is, Someone who is not ready to play with my heart, Someone who will value my heart when I give it to her. I am a sincere and affectionate Man. I believe that a good relationship is built on trust, honesty, faithfulness and love. Also passion,caring for one another, the ability to compromise and grow is what I call true love.This includes being there for each other in good times and in bad times. I promise my partner no bad times.True love is an emotion so strong that you would give up everything, to just feel it once, to know that you are a part of something special.To love someone is to understand each other, to laugh together, to smile with your heart and to trust one another. One important thing is to let each other go if you can't do this. True love is a covenant that we build on a strong foundation. It is with true love as it is with ghosts, everyone talks about it, but few have seen it. I promise to make my one and only the most happiest Woman on earth if only she is willing to accept me as part of her life. In her world I would be the HERO, I will be there whenever she needs me and promise never to do anything to hurt her feelings. I will love her just the way she is. I know and believe that Death can not stop true love, it can only delay it for a little while. I promise to be the Man of her dreams because I'm not going to let her down, I assure her my whole heart. I think this is all I can say about what I'm looking for and the kind of Man I want to be for my partner. If you feel there's more you want to know about me, please you're more than welcome to ask any questions. Hoping we can talk later tonight. Enjoy your evening babe.

Smiles,
Nolan

Yep, same M.O.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Personal information.