Information on romance scams and scammers.
#185617 by Pinky_1979 Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:21 am
I received an email through Craigslist from this person. The email was rather long but I read it anyway. I replied and told him that I am in Iowa. And if he was in California, why is he writing me? That didn't make sense to me at all.

These are the emails that conspired...

Removed (BW) wrote:
Hello...

If you are from California, I hope that you realize that I'm in Iowa. And I have absolutely no intentions of leaving Iowa. For anything.

Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2013 2:01 PM
Subject: Re: About me and am also waiting for your reply

Hello am sorry for the late response..Ok thank you for your message i really Appreciate it, i will love to know more about you,you seem to be a nice person and I am very curious to learn more about you if possible. I'm new to this online relationship...I'm from California am 45yrsold..

Happy Xmas

Removed (BW)wrote:
Hi James,

After reading through some previous emails, I want to apologize for not remembering that I did give you my email address and such. I realized then that you did reply to my Craigslist ad.

So on that note, where are you from?

Removed (BW)

Sent: Friday, December 20, 2013 6:02 PM
Subject: About me and am also waiting for your reply

Hello,

I felt is important at this juncture to let you know the personality of whom and who you writing to .My name is James and am a native of American, My mom is a British born.I happen to study Force in South America where i obtain my masters Degree in first class.I own a home in CL,I have 1 Daughter her name is Tracy after the untimely death of my late wife. I was once married to a loving,caring,honest and sincere woman until death came and strike her away from me.

The type of person I am interested in a woman who can laugh, be playful and light hearted, one who is motivated and ambitious, intelligent, and self confident. I enjoy meaningful conversation in addition to plain old good fun. I'm basically a very positive person who also loves humor and laughter and would like someone with an adventurous spirit and a positive attitude who can see the funny side of life, someone who is open and willing to learn new things.

I like to share things I learn and am open to learning new things as well. I have a passion for music and a curiosity for life. To find a woman who loves to dance would be a miracle, but not impossible I believe, even if rare, but definitely a bonus, but not a requirement! lol I also love a gentlewoman who knows how to treat a man like a Prince and a baby like a man. Romance and passion are important as well. Like everyone I talk to I want the whole enchalata, including chemistry. I have learned though that chemistry is not everything and not the only component for building a strong relationship.

James

After doing some searching online for the phone number that I realize now he never gave me but I had searched for info about the number previously... I'm wondering if this is not another person that replied to my ad under the name of "Billy" since I looked in my sent folder and I never gave this "James" guy my phone number or actual email address!!! I'm freaked out.

"Billy" replied once under the email [email protected]
"James Harris" was under the email [email protected]

Removed personal information and added quotations. (BW)
Advertisement

#185643 by vonpaso xlura Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:11 pm
I happen to study Force in South America where i obtain my masters Degree in first class.

This makes no sense whatsoever. He is not from California; he is from West Africa and never got a degree in anything.

It is likely that this scammer got your address from another whom you communicated with.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#186469 by Grunt Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:56 am
@Pinky1979

[email protected]

with this email address you'll find the following profiles in the web ...

meetme.com
James Harris
44, Male

United Kingdom

hi5
James H
Last Active: 8 days ago

last not least his yahoo avatar, a pic frequently abused by West African/Malaysian scammers

pics are stolen from an American
http://www.linkedin.com/in/atspg

find a detailed documentation also here
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=43873

the twitter account of jamesharris89
shows a pic of the scammer behind this email address