Information on romance scams and scammers.
#221837 by Bryon Williams Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:17 pm
Collin Lawson
His Match ID is: jilason
[email protected]

This is my first...

This is my first online dating trial, and as tentative as I am, I must admit that you have an interesting profile, with quite the adorable photo to match.
I was pushed into this process by people who claim to want the "best" for me. Now after a few weeks on the service, I've come to the conclusion that they were comedians, and also, online dating is not for me so, messaging you is my last act before I deactivate the profile. I would like to have your email address if it's something you are comfortable with or you could reach me at seekingserenity2011 @ hotmail com.
You could also send me a text on my mobile if that's more convenient for you. 514-317-8804.

Cheers,

Collin

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#222270 by CalGal Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:48 pm
I just found out yesterday that I've been scammed by the same man all of you are writing about, except he's using the name Collin Lawson. I'm probably even more stupid however because I initiated the contact with him! I was searching on a popular dating website and came across his profile on Sept. 7, 2014. The funny thing was that he didn't have his photo showing, saying that he preferred not to share it until he knew the person better. I was intrigued by his profile because we seemed to have a lot in common, so I sent him a note! The very next day, I noticed that a photo was suddenly attached to his profile, so I contacted him again. Then he wrote me, using the same lines about he was discontinuing his dating website account, but he liked my profile and would love to write to me. I got all of the emails women are posting here, right up to this morning. Beginning with his story of losing his wife and daughter, Nana having the heart attack (in Montreal), Nana passing away, and going to the funeral in Southampton. Yesterday, I wrote to him stressing that we had to talk on the phone (after sending emails for exactly a month)! He just wrote me back this morning, saying he tried 4x to call me last night, and now he has to go to Liverpool on business. Yes, the same stuff I see the rest of you posting!! His email address always says Collins Collins at the top, and the address is: seeking [email protected]. He's supposed to be moving to Calabasas, Calif. in about 2 weeks. I feel totally duped; I think I fell in love with his writing style!! I'm just so happy that he became careless a few days ago. He sent me an actual copy of his email ticket from London to Montreal, and it had his last name on it. My daughter searched on Google and found your website. Voila! His Montreal number is; 514-317-8804. He also gave me a Calif. number: 818-570-7464. He also talked about us going to Greece one day. I have 3 photos of him; one in the pink shirt, one in sunglasses, and a third in a black jacket where he looks like he's much younger.
#222272 by sailrgrl Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:08 pm
The fool had many of us duped. 'Collin Lawson' had me believing for 2 weeks that he/she was different. But all he ended up doing was impressing upon me that there are people in this world that were raised on the peripheries of civilization and they exist in a world of greed and self loathing. Don't feel bad that you initiated contact with this sad and pathetic ingrate because he/she is part of a class of individuals that cut and paste perfect lines from the internet to try and bait anyone they can. These types of folks are cowards and enjoy the game they play because that reinforces the self worth they do not have. BTW, I'm sure he already knows about this particular site because he sent me an email a few days ago indicating something to that effect. For all intents and purposes, those same scammers that bait you and me, are probably on here playing the game that they were duped by a scammer. Just saying. My motto is this: if something sounds too good to be true, it most probably is.
#222277 by sailrgrl Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:43 pm
nope, it was [email protected] which is what he was using with me for the past 2 weeks.
I know you are a moderator on this site, but here is what he sent me: 'scamwarners, ey? who do you think Bryon Williams is? you numnut!" I asked michelle this same question - what did he mean by 'who do you think Byron Williams is?' obviously I know your role on this site, but he meant something else which implied he knows more about this site than is obvious to me.
#222278 by Bryon Williams Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:51 pm
^^^^Scammers often visit us. This is because potential victims find the information on this site. They then confront the scammer by forwarding this thread to him. This is why we ask victims not to alert the scammer. If he is not alerted he will keep the same information and it is searchable.

As to my comment to CalGal. Please go back and read her post. She posted the email address of seeking [email protected]. I am trying to get clarification. If you read all the post in this thread, you will see some changes in names and email addresses. I want all identifying information posted to help and not to assume.

What does Bryon Williams mean? He is pissed that I keep exposing him and he is still trying to keep you on the hook by making me look like the bad person. The only thing is I have not asked for money nor has Scamwarners asked for money. I have not stole photo's and made fake profiles using stolen credit cards. I have not written 1,000 of women declaring my love and Nana has not died 100's of times.

My story remains the same. I am here to help and expose these scammers.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#222279 by sailrgrl Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:06 pm
Hi there,
Makes sense. I can guarantee you I didn't send him any threads so his msg to me seemed interesting. I tried to find his IP address btw, and couldn't get it from the header info. Actually nothing came up at all when I tried to get the header info so I can't post where he might have been located.
#222280 by Bryon Williams Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:15 pm
Since he may visit us. I will not go into details.

He is more than likely a West African male less than 30 years of age. He is surely West African, however he could be in Malaysia or India on a Visa pretending to be in an University/College.

#226957 by Louise56 Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:49 am
I was almost scammed by these people earlier this year. 'Michael Stevens' made first contact with me via match.com late February. We emailed until the first week of April. Virtually same story as described by others - just different name & locations. When corresponding with me, he was about to relocate to Melbourne, Australia. Yes, Nana died. Later in retrospect, I realised I did have a couple of warning bells & I did not heed them. His/their operation is dangerously charming, incredibly deceptive & cleverly manipulates, controls & arouses your emotions. Fortunately, I DID share with very close friends & my Mum & they immediately saw through the scam & warned me. Plus, my intellect & common sense kicked in & I began to see the 'real' picture. Normally, I'm very observant re details etc & right when he nearly got the money from me, I began to notice little mistakes in information he/they were giving me. It would have been interesting to see their reaction after spending six weeks of setting me up & luring me into their trap, for me to escape just in the nick of time!! His stolen photos have now changed to different people. Hopefully, he'll eventually run out of victims as the word spreads here. Good work everyone. P.S. Another guy also tried to scam me a few weeks later, pretending to be a vet. Different scammer altogether - used emails & instant messaging. I was suspicious he was actually living in the Philippines or Malaysia. Suddenly, I did not hear from him so wrote to ask if he was okay. I had been stringing him along a little just to see where it would go. Anyhow, he replied he'd not written for a few days as he'd come down with Malaria. Unbelievable, as we rarely have Malaria here where I live. I began to ask him a few questions re how he'd contracted it & where did he actually live. He did not reply - good riddance!!
#227552 by Bryon Williams Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:04 am
^^Thank you for the update.

Collin Lawson. Here are some emails and phone numbers used:

Gina Wallace - [email protected]
Brian Wallace - [email protected]
Phil Jones - [email protected]
514-317-8804

#227559 by Bryon Williams Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:31 am
Collin Lawson

Gina Wallace - [email protected]
Brian Wallace - [email protected]
Phil Jones - [email protected]
514-317-8804 <<< This number was posted on the first post on page 6.

#231648 by Bryon Williams Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:04 pm
[email protected]
Collin Luke Sinclair
Gina Johanssen [email protected]
+1-514-587-3379
514-587-3379.

He is now Collin Luke Sinclair: email [email protected] with mobile number 514-587-3379. Nana has died once again and new friend is Gina

This is my first online dating trial, and as tentative as I am, I must admit that you have an interesting profile, with quite the adorable photo to match.
Before I proceed however, I must share that I'm a tad farther than depicted. I currently reside in Montreal, but move to Halifax in 4 weeks. I had to alter my location because I figured this way I would be matched with those already residing in NS. I hope this doesn't ruin my chances, as I would very much love to utilize that time in getting to know you better. It possibly would give us a chance to communicate, learn more about each other and perhaps lessen the chances of an awkward or wasted first meeting.

I would like to have your email address if it's something you are comfortable with or you could reach me at colinrich2012 @ hotmail com
You could also send me a text on my mobile if that's more convenient for you. 514-587-3379 . Do have a pleasant morning.

thank you for taking the time to share so much about yourself. I savoured it, and enjoyed every paragraph. Now, I didn't want to share any of these right off the bat in my earlier email, but I figured that it might be best to get it out of the way. After which I'll respond to your email in detail.

My mother passed away at childbirth, and for some personal reasons my father despised me for it. According to him, whenever he looked at me he would see the person who took his wife away from this world. He was a drunk and a degenerate gambler. My father however remarried 5 years after my mother's passing to the most amazing woman you'll ever meet. I suppose that should be expected, given that she's Canadian. She was nothing like my father, was kind and caring and at the age of 7, when she had taken enough of my father's conniptions and his severe maltreating of me, she took me away from him and we have lived together ever since. You would think he would come after us, but he never did. She raised me and taught me every thing I know today. She adopted me on my 12th birthday and I call her Nana even though she's not my grand mother. I owe everything to her and she is my pillar in life. The Barbarous man passed 17 years ago from cancer, but I never did care much for him. Catherine was a strong woman, and did everything she could to make sure I got a good education and that I did. I attended English Martyrs catholic School in Beaumont Ley, which is also in Leicester, for 3 years and then work moved nana to Warwickshire. I transferred to St. Benedict's where I also played football(soccer)and rugby, as in Leicester. I had to take half-day jobs, so couldn't always make practice and eventually dropped out of the squad. After secondary school, I studied Geology at Coventry University, and eventually went on to get my MSc in Geology and earth science at Warwick University.

Not to further dampen the mood, I lost my wife and daughter in a car accident 8 years ago, and I haven't been in a serious relationship since then. It had been very difficult for me adapting to my old life without my family and with everything that reminded me of them still around me, I made the decision 5 and 1/2 years after their passing, to make the permanent move away from England.

I hope that wasn't too much for you to take in all at once, and hope to hear from you again. Do have a lovely morning.

Luke

After my move, I've worked from home which is as convenient as can be. I retained my old clientelle and still get great referrals every now and then. I am a self-employed mineral geologist and have been for the past 8 years now. As I said in my life email I was a field manager for over 15 years. I loved my job and I loved the travels, but at the end of the day the hours weren't worth being away from family for long periods in a year and I had to let that go. I still however travel, but not as much as I used to. I'm certain my job description would puzzle you so let me try to elaborate on what it is I do exactly. I'm officially an independent consultant now, and sometimes I consult for private entities in the mineral geology field as well as individuals. I have a small office in Greater London where I had my business meetings and did my office work.Now all of that is in charge of a young promising adult who happens to be doing a great job. You could also call me a business man who participates in the purchase and resale of gemstones.

To share more about my past, I was married to Perpetua for 22 years, but we were together for 26. My daughter was 18 when she passed. Catherine's very much alive at 81. She was a smoker for a very long period in her life and although it's affected her health a little, she's quite the healthy woman I must say. She made the move with me, and sincerely this was her choice, as I had preferred Melbourne, in Australia. She'll probably be the liveliest female at her age that you'll know. She watches movies, probably as much as I do. She reads and is cooking half the time she's home. As for my father, although I didn't forgive him before he passed, I certainly have found peace now.

I'm quite the avid reader although to be honest I haven't read in quite some time. I love TV shows( American shows to be exact) To name a few: two and a half men, the mentalist, NCIS,Mad men, Boardwalk empire, Modern family, Downton Abbey(though not American), homeland and tons more. I'm unable to watch them on the original air dates so I have them recorded and watch them on weekends when I'm less occupied. I love music, a lot. I have an iPod and I carry it pretty much everywhere with me. Music has helped me through a lot of tough times and it's my refuge. As far as favourite pasttimes, I play tennis, horse riding ( I worked in a stable for 2 yrs as a kid), surfing(haven't in a while), cooking( have been cooking since I was 11 with my Nana and I learnt every single recipe from her), golf and soccer. Pet peeves include loud chewers, arrogance and queue cutters.

I'm quite open to a fault and I dwell on sincerity. I might be a wee-bit timid, but I definitely tell it as it is. I don't keep a lot of friends, because I detest dishonest people and the ones I have are like family to me whom I trust with everything. My closest friends are a couple I have known for over 30 years who reside back in England, but are currently around for a 2 month holiday(More on them some other time).

Being Canadian, I'm certain you're a coffee drinker? Or are you one of the very few tea drinkers? Have a good morning and hope to hear from you soon. Cheers.

Gina Johanssen [email protected] wrote:
I asked Collin for your email because I am astonished at what you've done to him. You need to understand that I have known this man since we were in the University and he had always been a bright and cheerful person till that terrible accident 8 years ago when he lost his wife and daughter. Collin had never been the same since then, but today I see a different person.
Prior to recent tragic happenings, he had been smiling all the time and being a woman, I knew that only a female could make a man smile the way he did. This is a very difficult time for him, and I'm glad he has you to confide in.

I am very happy for him and I thank you for bringing this new found joy into his life. I look forward to getting to know you in the near future and I hope you don't mind my minor intrusion. He doesn't really keep friends so, my husband and I are pretty much it. Please be gentle with him.

Gina
Gina Johanssen [[email protected]]

Mod Note: If you receive contact from this scammer and prefer not to post the information. Please PM me. I will be glad to post it in my name.

#231682 by happycanuck Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:26 am
I have been suckered by this guy, but now he is using the names Collin Luke Sinclair. His best friends are Gina Johanssen and Brian and his Nana is Catherine. I fell so hard for this a** He is very slick. I sent him pictures mostly of me, but some including family. Reading through all of the posts on here and seeing his letters duplicated here. Anyone else cheer for Manchester United?

Fortunately I found this site before I was fully scammed, you know any money? I sent him an email last night after finding this site and the subject I titled is "The unicorn died tonight" and the letter basically told him to piss off. Btw, I have his new picture, will look to see where it can be loaded.
#231704 by Bryon Williams Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:49 pm
Welcome to scamwarners,

Please post any new additional information (email addresses of everyone, pictures and phone numbers)

Here is information on how to post pictures. viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219