Information on romance scams and scammers.
#201600 by jupa Thu May 15, 2014 9:14 am
Could be, maybe another group of scammers! Just using other's materials! Michael Fergie, Mike Ferguson, Chuck Fergie.............was tracked back to Nigeria, this may not be the same group/or man..........one has to be aware..........
Advertisement

#201605 by Dotti Thu May 15, 2014 10:43 am
Welcome Woman123!
I see a few things in your earlier posts that maybe should be clarified.
For what it's worth, I noted that when I emailed him it was around 7pm, but when he emailed me back, my email string was there and it showed the time as around 4 pm. That tells me that he is probably on the west coast. His first email to me was at 2 am, I had thought that was odd. I bet this guy is in BC
He most likely is not in BC. I wouldn't rely on the times in the email--there are several very simple reasons why they might be off--it could be as simple as a proxy he is using or simply his computer settings.
The scammer who targeted you is most likely African. It is probably a male who is much younger than his fake character (I have a 47 year old baiting character who will get them very angry, and many will forget they are supposed to be her age—they will start going off about how “old” she is.) There are some women involved in these scams, but the scamming industry in Africa is very male-dominated in general. While every country in the world has scams, the types of scam vary, and this particular scam is most prevalent in Western Africa (Nigeria and Ghana.) There is also a very large cell of Nigerian romance scammers operating out of Malaysia, most who got into the country on student visas. We do see a few from other African countries like Ivory Coast and South Africa, and we do see African romance scammers operating in other parts of the world (UK has become home to some) but these make up a very small percentage of the overall population of scammers using this particular format.

They do more often pretend to be widowers, because it makes them look more stable and romantic. While “car accident” was once the primary story, now it varies more and you will see stories ranging all the way from cancer (very common) to plane crash and a few that go far beyond absurd (one scammer claimed that his ex-wife died “having sex with a black man” due to his “size” --apparently the scammer considered himself “well-endowed” and he thought it was his own private joke.) Some do claim to be divorced—typically when they do, their character is innocent and the wife was the cause of the problems (she cheated with his boss or best friend, abused drugs and alcohol, etc.) Again, it’s because he wants to look the part of the innocent, romantic, stable man with a great future. They usually claim to have children as well, because they find that playing the dedicated father role gets them more money.

Some make up names (and often do it badly) while others just copy random names from the internet—but there’s usually too much significance to the name. A few scammers will actually use the real name of the person whose photos they stole but that’s not extremely common because it’s easier for victims to find them out if they do.

The scenario

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#201745 by annamarie2050 Fri May 16, 2014 9:03 pm
With me, he called himself first Francis and then Patrick. I contacted him on match.com. I am pasting one of the e-mails I got from him. Luckily, I got suspicious about him and uploaded his photo on Tineye. That is how I got to this website, my suspicion got confirmed. It is a scam! I lost almost 3 weeks, time and emotional energy, e-mailing with this guy. Also had one telephone conversation with him. Thank you all the women who posted his photos and e-mails on this site.

"Hello xxxx, and thank you for responding as eloquently as you did. How are you this morning and how did your night go? Sound sleep, I hope. Work has been a little demanding of late and I have been extremely occupied.

I do wish to ask, how was your experience on match.com? Sad to say, mine was nowhere rosy, I received an extraordinary amount of emails which I thought was ridiculous since there was no way I would have been able to read 67 emails. I scanned through and thought you had a beautiful profile which is why we are corresponding now and for the record, you're the only one I'm communicating with and I hope that's the same with you. What's your taste in music? I enjoy listening to soft rock, reggae, some country, r&b, jazz, blues and classical.

Do you by any chance watch any kind of sports? That would be certainly be interesting. In due time, perhaps. At the moment I'm looking at 2 homes, one on xxxxx and another on xxxxx. Are you familiar with those regions? As soon as our decision's made final, I'll share that with you.

If you don't mind, I came up with a list of random questions I felt would help me get to know you a little bit more. They are all basic questions, but feel free to ignore whichever ones you do not wish to respond to;

Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
How happy are you with your appearance?
What is the one thing you like most about yourself?
What is the one thing you regret the most in your life?
Do you feel closer to your mother or father?
Do you still talk to any of your childhood friends?
Do you believe in second chances?
How do you feel about church and religion?
Are you satisfied with where you are in your life financially?
Where is your favourite vacation place to go?
Do you consider yourself outgoing?

Considering you'd be away for a while soon, what do you think about letting me call you on your mobile? It would be nice to finally put a voice to the emails.514-317-8580, and we could correspond via sms since you won't have access to email. It's up to you. Thank you sharing so much about yourself with me. I enjoyed every bit of your email and I look forward to our correspondence in the foreseeable future.

Hopefully we'll connect later. Do have a lovely day.

Patrick
#201838 by jupa Sat May 17, 2014 10:24 am
I am so happy that my posting pics helped you..............it was the script and university that he "attended" that helped me to this site..........I say yes to finding out as early as possible, took me awhile, but I kept of searching.......bingo.......I searched his name and university...........landed here..........I had been searching for 4 weeks.........just didn't do the "right search"............no matter, that is why I posted so many emails, just by chance someone may search................I am wiser for all of this................
#201851 by jupa Sat May 17, 2014 11:14 am
OMG just received an email re: matchdotcom..(don't know why they keep emailing me, I have quit them.........jurtclearskin just winked at me..............lol low and behold, Michael I'm sure, with cowboy hat and beard................Here is his profile...................keep out of this guys way............the picture is quite far away, but I used magnifying glass..........I'm positive it's him..........
I'm interested in meeting a woman who is spirited, adventurous (or at least not adverse to the occasional one) and intelligent. Comfortable with herself, with a brightness in her eyes. Someone who cares about how she looks but doesn't obsess. Curious and interested in the world around us. I see myself with a woman who is confident, humorous, career-oriented, educated, and ambitious. She is also rational, thoughtful and conversational. Not too quiet. Opinionated. Someone with varied interests. While not at all required, an attractive very feminine woman with a natural sense of style and class who does not need any (or too much) make up to look great.....you're in good physical shape ( and expect me to be the same when you meet me)... and you have a soft, sexy and gentle way about you...you're just genuinely a good, considerate person...you have a wild side and a serious side and know how and when to use them both...and you want more than just a "companion" you want a terrific boyfriend, lover, maybe even a husband...

I'm just an easy-going lad, in full employment, enjoying my life as it comes- resting when I'm tired, going out walking or dancing when I'm not! I'm a bit of a home bird- I like my house, decorating it, and doing the garden. I'm creative like that- and I like to paint landscapes and portraits of people, I like to attempt exotic cookery, and I enjoy drinking fine wines and relaxing! I like traveling & exploring new places, I like going on cruises too, I like just about anything that is fun! I want to be part of a family, I am tired of treading life's path alone. I've done that on my fair share of global adventures- always thinking that I'm missing a close partner to enjoy those adventures with. I am warm-hearted, loving, with good manners, considerate, easy-going, very sensual, open-minded. I am quite communicative and a perfect listener. I'm fun to be with, I have a good sense of humor and I like to enjoy life. I take time out for leisure, reading and family, and my hobbies. I'm a little shy, though nothing like I was when I was young. I probably could have been the poster child for the painfully shy but I was too shy to get my picture taken. : ) It feels natural for me to lead a simple, minimalist sort of life, not having a lot of possessions, just the important stuff and things that I actually use. I'm a big believer in "love at first sight" or maybe a more accurate description would be 'love at first smell'. I don't know if it's pheromones or what exactly it is, but that's just the way it seems to work for me. "My idea of a great date would be a long walk first holding hands then we would have dinner together in a quality restaurant, maybe same evening we would go to see a new movie away with pop corn,Hey don't be scared, we can talk it over between us.

Honesty, loyalty, solid attraction, commitment, friendship, much humor, intelligence. Lots of laughs... But quiet time is cool too. Laying in the sun together with a drink.....I like to feed people.... Don't want something that after a while becomes complacent, to stop appreciating the giving and receiving..... I like a really good kiss... I like one who is sexually comfortable with herself and doesn't complicate. Don't over think the intimacy references, it's just if we hit it off then I will be very attentive...
#211593 by Bryon Williams Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:28 pm
He is now using the name Jonas Davenport also pretending to be in the military.

Other names used in this scam is Michael Stevens and Diplomat is Richard Wugah.

The scammer is still using the same pictures.

My reason of writing you is to let you know that I am very happy to respond back to your mail and to know you are interested in getting to know more about me make me so glad and hope that this communication will afford us the opportunity to understand themselves in order to assess the warm relationship cherish. I want you to know that there is no doubt in my mind on our ability to achieve the necessary respect to promote true friendship. I am very loyal and caring, and I was raised with manners.Your Letter Touches My Heart a lot.. Lets us all forget abut our Past and Think Much about Our Future Okay.. I know The Almighty God Brought Us together as One, and Really Glad for That.. Hope You had a Great Night Yesterday and Tell me Your Plans for today? please and please if you are really serious about me because i don't want to look back and i don't ever regret ever falling In love with,i want you to be the last person i will ever fall in love with and I am giving you a chance to see how things will work but I guess we could get to see when i get back to you after i am done here lets just keep in touch this way,one more thing i just need to tell you is that,will you always be there for me?will you support and finance my every day Life,its just a matter of thinking tell me what you feel about that. Am feeling u are something very new and i guess your coming into my life will be a plus,I wrote your name in the sky, but the wind blew it away.I wrote your name in the sand, but the waves washed it away.I wrote your name in my heart, and forever it will stay,i promise i will always Love and Adore you if you are serious about me,my love for you will be like a golden chain that links our heart together,if you ever break the chain that means you break my heart,i believe you wont because i know you are serious about me.I really want to see u someday.i should be with you as soon i will be here waiting for you to get back to me,have a nice time at work.....
With more Love.

Your Jonas xxxx

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#211689 by How foolish of me! Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:04 pm
For some 3 weeks now, having my doubts, I have made many Internet searches to find more information about 'Patrick Grant'. Did not understand how I could not find anything about a car crash in 2006 where both mother and daughter had deceased in England. Now the name of the late wife appears in an email, Perpetua Grant, and that is how I got to this site. Thank you to those who have reported him. The messages here are pretty much the same that I have received. His beloved Nana passed away 5 days ago now ....

He says he was in Vancouver with plans to move to Montreal at the beginning of August, but who knows? He was 'met, on Match.com in Canada under Dominic Jackson. I have reported him to them.

Here are other words that I hope will pop up on top of Google searches of people making quests like I have been doing until this morning ...

[email protected]
Harry Bender Consultant
Patrick Grant Geologist
Nana
Nana's hometown Southhampton
Mother and daughter car crash 2006
Perp
Perpetua Grant car accident
Nana's burial ceremony

How foolish can one be? I had my doubts ... but kept going (and searching).

When it's too good to be true, it's too good to be true.

My pride has taken such a big plunge ... but being here and hopefully helping someone out makes me feel better.
#211844 by jupa Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:46 pm
I'm happy you found this site, please don't email him and tell him about this site............he/they are very active and practised! Thank goodness you found us! :D Poor Nana dies so often! :laugh-s: So grim it's funny......
#211868 by Bryon Williams Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:26 pm
Babe, how are you ? you must know that I would never take this long to message you intentionally. Nana passed away Friday morning and I haven't been myself since then. This is the first time I have typed in since then and that includes work related emails. How and why this happened now is beyond my comprehension and to say that I'm mad at the world is an understatement. At the moment I'm in Southampton, her home town, where I have been since Sunday and had to go to an Internet cafe to send this to you. Not sure when I'll return home at this point, but I'll write you or call as It would be lovely to hear your voice right now but i am just trying to be me and face reality. I do hope I'm still on your mind as much as you've been on mine.

Mike

Babe, how are you ? Sorry for the late reply and thank you for your emails, i appreciate the fact you were honest with me, i really hate the fact that this really happening, but oh well, i know things are pretty difficult for everyone out there and that is why i actually feel bad right now, i just though i let you know how i felt. Babe, i am in no position to dictate on how much i need, the honest truth is we are to balance 8,600 GBP, dont worry yourself about the figure, what ever you can come up with would be useful, we are still trying to see if we get any luck as you know at this point we cant put all the egss in one basket. I have a week max before i get charged to court, this has really put me down i must confess, i feel very down, bu at this point feeling down wont get me out of here so i am trying to stay positive. Going to get some rest now, would check to see if i get an email by the time i get up. Sleep well sweets.

Hugs and kisses..

Michael.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#211870 by How foolish of me! Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:59 pm
Of course, I do not intend to write back nor to inform of having posted something here. One would think however that they would know about this site.

I wrote back to Match.com. I feel that everyone this person was in contact with through their site should be informed of the fraud .... It would be good for the person being mislead and also for the website whom would have less scammers if there was a denunciation system.

Best to all and may Nana Rest in Peace!
#213523 by Unbelievable! Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:46 pm
Unbelievable! Thank goodness I found this site! He definitely had me going. It's crazy that this can keep happening! Different names and all the same emails. I can't figure out how to attach a photo but it's different from the ones below.
And yes, Nana just died again 3 days ago! It just wasn't adding up....
Ladies, stay away! Omg!
#213526 by Bryon Williams Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:13 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Unbelievable!,

Please post any new email addresses, phone numbers or new information he his using now.

In my signature below is a link how to post photo's. If you have any problems just forwarded them to me.

#214889 by How foolish of me! Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:56 am
Yet another very similar approach received on Match.com.

No wonder they choose Westmount as it is the nice neighboroud of Montreal with the richest people. Then there is the address with 'consultants' that would be no where to be found on the web.

[email protected]

Anyone googling that address and ending up here, I am sorry to tell you that Collin is a scammer.

HFOM!

The combination of...

The combination of your photo and your profile is a rarity considering the profiles I've scanned through so far. I currently reside in Ontario, but will be making a permanent move to Westmount in a few weeks, 4 to be precise.
I made the decision to alter my location because I figured this way I would be matched with those already residing in QC. I hope this doesn't ruin my chances, as I would very much love to utilize that time in getting to know you better. It possibly would give us a chance to communicate, learn more about each other and perhaps lessen the chances of an awkward or wasted first meeting.

After spending so much time being registered without actually being active, I've realized my subscription expires in a little while, so if we are to attempt correspondence it may have to be privately. I would like to have your email address if it's something you are comfortable with or you could reach me at collinscollins2014 @ consultant com
You could also send me a text on my mobile if that's more convenient for you. 647-317-7695. Hope to hear from you soon.

Collin