Information on romance scams and scammers.
#195367 by Winter00 Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:04 pm
This person contacted me on Match.com. I went along with it for a while, but I couldn't figure out how a person who is highly educated could write with such poor grammer. His phone number is 206-745-8615. We texted and emailed for awhile. It never got to the point where he asked me for money because I started to do some reasearch on line. It is amazing what googling "Pearl Dubia Oil Rig" will turn up.
Here are some of his emails:

Hello! How are you today? The Rig is fine as of yesterday when we left and lol it does not float okay its got its heavy metals and way beyond what you can even think of, I guess it will be best taking you for site seeing, maybe on vacation, but not during an on going project okay. On a second thought who are you? A woman being a goddess? or a goddess pretending to be a woman? Whichever you are, you are doing something special to me.lol. even when you are too busy , you still make out time to write. I mean after all these years, i would have thought i might not have the possibilities again of having my dream woman, my partner, my best friend and co pilot. I'm talking about fate here - when feelings are so powerful it's as if some force beyond your control is guiding you to someone who can make you happy beyond your wildest dreams. I wouldn't be scared anyway, because truly, Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end. The inevitable truth is , If it is meant to be, our hearts will find each other when we meet, and if our hearts melt together so will our bodies and souls. Then every word and every touch will fuel our passion flame. I will be yours, you will be mine, and we will be one.

Yes you are right I am on the Pearl Qatar rig in the coast of Dubai, sorry i didn't give you much notice before leaving, it was urgent, i must tell it haven't been easy to wake up every morning by 5AM to catch up my chopper down here. Working from then till late at night, but am glad i am being able to be distracted by this woman. I have over 300 labors here, both skilled and locals, yet all could notice a new glow on my face. LOL. Bishop, Nelson and I , have always stayed at Nelson's in his home, he just got married almost two years now. He found his woman on the net and to be sincere, he inspired us. I did not buy a house in the states until now, because i would love to find my woman first, then building a home would start from there. I am being true to my feelings, as my old friend would say, Never question if you are in love or not, because if you were you wouldn't need to ask. So the best of men, would accept what they feel without questions, because truly, Love and death can't be escaped, no one can tell , when, how,, or where. It is never too early or too late.LOL. Yes am bringing the crew back home and its always been the family plan, starting up a family, spending time being together and we building up our lifes together, starting all over again seeing the sunshine rising and getting happy together, no more major field work, i want to spend the last of my days being happy again, giving Morrison and mama more of me, and of course, with that special someone who's going to be beside me.

What is more important to you the love you share, the memories you have or the lover? Give love a chance to swallow you up. Don't just think it will happen in a instant, it will surprise you before you know it, but it will be the most rewarding experience you will ever have.

If you are as open minded and simple as me, i can promise you that the sky would be the limit. My Program here is for 2weeks, and i hope to meet with you soonest. Glad to know you have a nice and intelligent Son too, am sure he and Morrison wouldn't be a bad pair, both becoming friends too. Elm Grove WI is where i live. Glad am getting to know you too.

Hugs and i wait to read from you soonest.

David Harper
[email protected]

Hello my sunshine.LOL! You must wonder why i call you sunshinea? How was Church service today? LOL you were right when you said we sounded much like comedians, truly that's what it is here when everyone is resting chatting for the day. I agree with you on the Alice matter, I guess that isn't a bad idea since you are still working at the moment. After field work we don't often see each other, but when there is an opportunity for that, you wouldn't want to know how excited we all feel about that. I lost my wife 6years ago, it was so hard for me and my son, knowing we lost her and a Sister for Morrison. Honestly I can't get the picture of You and I finally being together off my mind. i felt like giving a hug,lol. Just as the sun, lights up the earth, you light up my life. The only one i have met, with a heart so bright. Just seems like yesterday, you came around my way, you changed my whole scene right away, with your outstanding personalty. The only reason this was possible is because you must have portrayed yourself well and you have been Yourself. That is good, because if i ever fall in love with you for beauty, I wouldn't walk more than miles to see more beauty, If i love you for wealth, I wouldn't walk more miles to see more, If i love you for smiles, I would see more in TV,lol But the only thing i can fall in live with you that cant be gotten by anyone else is being YOU! that is absolutely what no one can ever be. Like i said, it takes a life time to try knowing the reason why you feel the way you do with some people. the answers are never there,. trust me, the day relationships starts falling is the day people can figure out the exact reason they have loved each other. Life is boring if perfect. Life is worse when there is nothing to change about anything.

You must agree with me if i tell you that the balance in life is based on the facts that, there must be thieves and criminals for the police to remain employed,. The medical practitioners would run out of business if we are all hale and hearty. The legal practitioners would die of boredom if there aren't offenders. If everyone is vegetarian, Oh my! guess how many people would not earn a living. Christians bring out the best in Christianity because of the presence of Islam. White gained from black, Blacks earn from white. If everyone is rich, wealth would be meaningless. who would do the laundry? who would drive the car? who would guard who? who would keep whose money? lol. The essence for this short word is that, if you can read the meaning in this. you are my woman for sure. The moral of the speech is that,. We were all created for each other. There is much fun in helping. We can all be better if we accept the fact that we cant live without each other. The world would be a better place if we can start accepting things we cant change. Because , the only constant thing in life is, CHANGE! Sitting here thinking about you, brings out a part of me that loves everything,lol.

I have a proposal for you this wonderful day. Because i know you at least care about me, after all you wake up to check on my mail and know if i am still alive,lol. that is something, and beside I was on match to pick my woman, no lies i got winks, email and all sort, you caught my interest and i choose to email you giving us the chance, i don't believe in going with the crowd. So Please i want your help today. There is this woman whom i just met, and i could be scared about how she has gotten my attention so soon, but i would be stupid to submit to fears. I noticed that she already has a place that can not be replaced in my heart. Who could ever think of hurting such a woman who only wants happiness? I want you to help me find her and tell her, i am not known for fears. I know a journey of a thousand years start with a single step. A man who wants to fly must at least learn to stand on his feet! tell her if she is willing, i would love to take her hands. I am a man who gives nothing or everything. Once i have her hand, i can promise her forever. Tell her i know this is not going to be a kid walk, . tell her i know there are times we would argue in future. but tell her i would teach her to know that even while we argue we would still be holding hands. because there are many sides to a coin. Tell her life is short, but we can make paradise out of it. Tell her her worries have become mine, cos i do not really know how she has done it. tell her, that coming across her was by chance, communicating with her was by choice, but then falling for her is beyond my control.

You know where to find her my dear, just go to your dressing mirror and you would find her staring back at you,lol. Pls look into her eyes and speak this to her for me.

David Harper
[email protected]

My Sunshine, how was your night and how are you this wonderful morning? I really had a long meeting honey. Just came out some few min back and it is almost 7PM, so tired.

All went well, except the fact that the conclusion that we pay the taxes and clearance ahead of payments approval as they have it in protocol regarding non residential contractors. But that brings me back to my earlier fears as we would be short coming in the provision of funds to handle that as we were just reduced in budget for such huge amount on the casualties here out of plans. Since they lack insurance you know all came back to my responsibilities. But i am already stretching hands to retinues to see if we can quickly make up for the loss so we can clear the taxes and clearance so they can give the final approval on the payments and we can leave here, by tomorrow i should get the first level of approval.

Enough said about me, how about you? how is your morning going honey? Honey need to rest so tired right now and when we text tonight US time sure i can answer questions in your email. Thanks for writing me honey. Loving you is that which moves me on,lol

Your Rainbow.

David Harper
[email protected]
Advertisement

#195813 by Smith Jones Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:46 pm
Hi Winter00, yes, isn't it interesting how often scammers will claim to even have a Master's degree but their English doesn't fit with that and for some amazing reason they are in a foreign country doing something that doesn't quite sound right. Scammers love to use the oil rig story- often they end up with personnel problems or accidents, all of which require money. Scammers don't always ask for money right away- mine waited some time, working through some really hard issues before he finally asked me for money. It's all in the interest of weaving the lovely fairy tale lie that will make you believe them and make you fall in love.
Please make sure you cut off all contact. He may continue to phone or text you, email or want to chat but you should ignore all his attempts. It will all be in the interest of keeping you hooked and believing the lie. I'm glad you came here and posted the emails. And Googling to check out the details, well, you see the results. And, by doing all this, you may save someone else from getting entangled.
#335929 by Dianne1962 Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:22 pm
I have come across someone that is communicating that he won a contract and would be leaving to renovate this rig and will take 2 weeks to complete. His emails are different than these, however, content is just a sweet and cheesy. Too good to be true?!? :?: :idea: :?
#335938 by 4X1X9 Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:48 pm
Dianne1962 wrote:I have come across someone that is communicating that he won a contract and would be leaving to renovate this rig and will take 2 weeks to complete. His emails are different than these, however, content is just a sweet and cheesy. Too good to be true?!? :?: :idea: :?

Welcome to Scamwarners.

Yes, it's a scam, a very common story they use. Once he "arrives" in this country (I am guessing he has told you he is going to a West African country) some disaster will befall him and he will be asking for money or for you to cash fraudulent cheques or money orders.

The chance is the scammer has always been in the country he is telling you he is now travelling to. This is why they soon move their character to the country they reside in so they can call you from that country and not arouse suspicion.
#335941 by AlanJones Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:13 pm
Hello Dianne1962

Please also post the name and email address(es) that the scammer you are in touch with is using.

His other victims may be searching for them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.